Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-15-2012, 12:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
Please please please show me what calculations you used to determine a small tab on the side of the transom somehow makes a boat use more fuel than 1000 extra lbs of surf ballast.

Love armchair physics...
Umm, please show me your calculations that say the surf tab = 1000 lbs of ballast, that's like tiges original marketing ploy with taps, no weight required! Lol!

This is a sweet innovation, one I will likely never experience... I don't surf mackin waves, but I do try to sink my familys old 2100i and it surfs well for a D/D, its fun. I'm interested to see the results of this technology with a slammed out boat- weighted evenly and then see both sides surf wake to see if they are better than the "best" surf wakes in the industry- which take 15 minutes to switch sides...
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-15-2012, 8:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
Umm, please show me your calculations that say the surf tab = 1000 lbs of ballast, that's like tiges original marketing ploy with taps, no weight required! Lol!
It was an example, way to get hung up on it. My point was he commented that "obviously" the wakegate will result in worse fuel consumption, without calculating drag of a boat that has x amount of ballast (or 1000lbs like I said) and drag of the surf gate, its not obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
You guys are a riot. I give you some facts to think about and you say I'm comparing this boat to a Tige. Anytime I bring up anything you say prove it,why? Because you guys know everything. I am using basic facts that a third grader could comprehend and your arguing without facts or proof of your opinions.
You make claims a typical third grader would make with nothing to support them and absolute bias; still waiting on how you concluded there is more drag from the wakegate than a boat with surf ballast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
Truer words were never written. Only the opinions of some are valid here.

I have no skin in this game . I have nothing for or against Malibu. I wish they would just introduce the thing . All these videos show nothing . How about some real information showing how it works , when its available and what it costs?
Oh I would love to see your responses if this was a Nautique innovation. Again with the absolute bias. You guys crack me up. Have you two met each other?

Last edited by MattieK27; 07-15-2012 at 8:41 AM.