Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       12-31-2010, 8:38 AM Reply   
"And then this one..."

I honestly don't see how an online, intro course to logic applies to this situation, nor do I feel that the course would support your stand on the necessity of a firearm on a ski slope or a shotgun on a pleasure craft, that is unless the instructor is Ted Nugent.

"How do you know he didn't own a gun. And how do you know that owning one would have prevented his death?"

You will never convince someone that is obviously delusional, that there is ever a time when not having a firearm would result in a better outcome.
Old    SamIngram            12-31-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
"And then this one..."

I honestly don't see how an online, intro course to logic applies to this situation, nor do I feel that the course would support your stand on the necessity of a firearm on a ski slope or a shotgun on a pleasure craft, that is unless the instructor is Ted Nugent.

"How do you know he didn't own a gun. And how do you know that owning one would have prevented his death?"

You will never convince someone that is obviously delusional, that there is ever a time when not having a firearm would result in a better outcome.
I think some people here could benefit from including some reading comprehension and then logic in their analysis.

Well, first, the police report and all the news articles state that he didn't have a gun. Second, if someone is involved in a shooting, it usually helps if you can fire back if you can't get away. The dead MMA guy couldn't do either. I suppose he should have waited around for the police to arrive, versus protecting himself... oops he did, and now he's dead...

And once again, you resort to attacking me directly... you are obviously the most righteous, intelligent, thoughtful, sheep out there! I bahhh down to you!!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-31-2010, 11:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIngram View Post
I think some people here could benefit from including some reading comprehension and then logic in their analysis.

Well, first, the police report and all the news articles state that he didn't have a gun. Second, if someone is involved in a shooting, it usually helps if you can fire back if you can't get away.
Readin comprehension? I didn't see a link to the police report. Speaking of reading comprehension, I didn't say anything about having a gun on his person. I ask how you knew he didn't own a gun. Most people who own guns don't have them on their person at all times. Who killed him and under what circumstances is what I'm referring to. Is your belief that all people man, woman, and child should carry a concealed weapon at all times?
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-31-2010, 9:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Almost any outcome is better than dead, yeah?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-31-2010, 12:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Every day there is a news report where someone not having a gun would have resulted in a better outcome. But it's always the "other" guy having the gun that is the problem. If I was a huge advocate of always packing heat I wouldn't be promoting it to others.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-31-2010, 12:40 PM Reply   
threewords
Attached Images

Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-01-2011, 4:32 PM Reply   
Sam, I think you are smart to carry everywhere.

IMO it's just a tool, similar to an avalanche beacon. Is that stupid to carry? Sure, you probably won't need it, and you hope you never do. Better to have and not need any tool, than to need and not have it.

Those who can't see it as such are just gun paranoid and part of the problem.