Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (Snowmobilejer)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-08-2010, 12:14 PM Reply   
Well, as you can see I also have a love for Wakecrafts. I'm on my second one (sold the first one) which is a year old now. I guess until you own one you just can't really appreciate the workmanship that goes into these boats. They spare no expense. They are beautiful works of art. I'm done with the promo now because I also love the other boat brands too....they each have their unique characteristics which give the owner a fierce sense of brand loyalty. I'm like this with my boats and snowmobiles. Attached is a picture of mine with the tower left at home.

There are only a few possible reasons as to why a Wakecraft would sink in this situation. It is equipped with not 1, but 2 high volume bilge pumps. 1 in the bow, and 1 in the stern. It is very hard to sink this boat with a big wave over the bow, or by over-loading it because these pumps go to work automatically and pump out huge amounts of water--but I suppose not impossible to sink if you really tried and this was your sole purpose. The easiest way to sink a Wakecraft is to back it into the water with your wife and children screaming at you (I'm married) during a busy holiday weekend while trying not to tie up the launch ramp because of the long line of boats waiting to be put in. I've been there. And then you forget to put in the 2 stainless steel threaded plugs.........sweet! It's not the owner's fault. It's his wife's fault, I bet he is married too. Just kidding about the wife comment-- sort of..... In some of the pictures you see a couple of swimmers wearing goggles. Hummmm, I wonder what is going on there.....or back on I should say. Pretty smart though. So why and how could a leak over-run a ski boat equipped with 2 high volume bilge pumps, and 2 deep cycle batteries, left tied up at a dock for a couple of hours in pretty calm water? He shut the master battery switch off before leaving it for a couple of hours. Big mistake!!! You just lost your bilge pumps. You should never turn your master battery switch off when your boat is in the water. Maybe switch it to battery 1 or battery 2 to be safe, but not OFF. Perhaps somebody up there didn't like him and did this to him. Who knows. But yes I believe that is your boat Rod isn't it. Lawerence is correct, it is running. I talked to the owner of Wakecraft this morning and his crew basically attacked it when it got back to the factory and the engine is running perfectly. But, it has a long way to go still....after all....it was under water. I love those ZR6 engines. They can take a beating. I am surprised it is running given all the computers etc.. these days. This is just my synopsis as a very seasoned Wakecraft owner. Plus, I've sunk 2 boats before. 1 was a bayliner with the above mentioned plug scenario. And another was an outboard ski boat that hit a submerged island and 30 MPH and tore the bottom out of it. I hate lakes that drop by 2 feet a day in the summer. Oh and I almost forgot, on this sinking I had a 6 month old (now 6 years old) baby whom I had to swim to shore with. Yes that was traumatic. And the Sheriff's reply to this one was, gee, I guess we better mark this object. Ya think? Take care guys... Jer
Attached Images