Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (cmcxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-22-2010, 6:49 PM Reply   
I am looking to have an onboard battery charger installed on my boat. I have two batteries and a Perko switch, looking for suggestions.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-22-2010, 7:29 PM Reply   
ProMariner dual bank? That's what Earmark Marine is putting in my boat for 3 batteries. I was going with the 3 bank ProMariner but after David explained it to me in simple english that the 2 bank will work that's what we decided on.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-22-2010, 7:56 PM Reply   
I have the Promariner Prosport 8. Works great for 2 batteries. $100. There are a lot of them out there. You may want to try a search of the site - I think there's been a number of threads related to this over the last several months
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-22-2010, 8:03 PM Reply   
I installed a GUEST 16202 20 Amp Intelligent Charger (two bank smart charger). I got it for $210.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-22-2010, 8:39 PM Reply   
I have the Guest with a pair of DieHards & a Perko, installed late last summer. So far, so good. I'll let you know how it all survives in a few years.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-22-2010, 9:52 PM Reply   
got a couple years on my battery tenders.
Old    walker44            03-23-2010, 10:42 AM Reply   
I have two batteries and recently purchased a Guest dual bank onboard charger. I then discovered that I only need a single bank to charge both batteries and exchanged it for the Dual Pro 6 (single bank). I'm sure both brands are great, but the Dual Pro looks like it is slightly better build quality. The install was very easy and it works great. I purchased from batterstuff.com. They were great with answering questions and had no issues with the exchange.
Old     (tims72)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-23-2010, 10:51 AM Reply   
i use a progressive dynamics onboard charger for my four batteries and i control it through my perko switch. i have used it for three years and have never had any problems.
Old     (mattscraft)      Join Date: May 2009       03-23-2010, 11:16 AM Reply   
I have the XPS dual bank 5/5 from Bass Pro, made by ProMariner. Works great and even has a light "Go Fish" to let you know when the batteries are charged.
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-09-2010, 11:44 AM Reply   
how do you like it Matt?? I just got the same thing
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-25-2010, 12:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker44 View Post
I have two batteries and recently purchased a Guest dual bank onboard charger. I then discovered that I only need a single bank to charge both batteries and exchanged it for the Dual Pro 6 (single bank). I.
Walker, is one of the banks wired in parallel? Is that ok to do?
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-25-2010, 1:03 PM Reply   
I have two T105 golf cart batteries (6v) in series and a pair of 12v optima blue tops in parallel -- since i have a 120 PLUS with the three chargers, can I hook one set of chargers to Golf Carts, and one set on each of the blue tops? Should you mix battery types? Curious, I haven't read the instructions yet