Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-14-2009, 6:39 PM Reply   
I am going to plumb a locker sack into my ski locker. I will be using the Fly High Rear Seat sack - it's fits perfect.

I have 3 drain plugs in my direct drive. 1 on the transom and 2 under the engine.

I am going to suck water from one of the drain plugs under the engine to the sac using a simer pump. When I want to drain the sac, can I reverse the pump and pump water out of the same hole in the bottom of the boat?

Also, can I "tee" the vent line into a higher elevated point on the bilge line. I would be putting a check valve on both the vent line and bilge line so that one can not back flow into the other. The check valves would be "south" of the "tee'd" junction.

Thanks for your help.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-14-2009, 6:45 PM Reply   
Yes and yes.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-14-2009, 6:50 PM Reply   
Will the bilge drain even be large enough to flow enough water for the pump?

Where are you planning on mounting the Simer? Dont mount in the bilge if it's not ignition protected. $.02
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-14-2009, 7:07 PM Reply   
Mike,

I think I am going to drill another hole in the side of the boat right next to the bilge discharge. That way I don't have to mess with check valves.

Probably going to mount the pump under the dash in a cubby whole area that serves no purpose. I know that the bilge arae is a no-no. KABOOM
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-14-2009, 7:21 PM Reply   
Sorry, not the drain for the bilge pump, but the hole in the bottom of the boat that which you will pump in and out of? I/m guessing your boat has the over-size bilge plugs, 3/4 NPT maybe, instead of the typical small, maybe 1/2 NPT, drain.
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-14-2009, 7:28 PM Reply   
I have one of each. The boat came with a 1/2" and I added a 3/4" directly across from it.

I plan on using the 3/4" NPT
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-14-2009, 7:41 PM Reply   
Would it matter if I used the 1/2" NPT drain plug? The fittings ont he Simer and Jabsco are both 1/2" as well.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-14-2009, 7:45 PM Reply   
Use the larger of the 2 = more water flow.
Old    murphy8166            09-15-2009, 6:20 AM Reply   
How do I get in touch with WakeMakers.com
Old    shooter_08            09-15-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
"How do I get in touch with WakeMakers.com"

Maybe you should try contacting them at Wakemakers.com

(Message edited by SHOOTER_08 on September 15, 2009)
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-15-2009, 9:30 AM Reply   
If you use a simer pump you must be able to tell when the bag is empty... therefore I would drain it out a hole above the water line. Running simers when the bag is emplty will blow fuses (or worse) melt wires...trust me...

-Uj