Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (clotus)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-21-2009, 7:06 PM Reply   
The speakers in my 08 sanger are the kickers with the three triangle design. I think Sanger made a huge mistake with these speakers because the location of the rear speakers is below the rear bench seat and we have had several cut feet/heels while getting into the boat. I need to replace these speakers and wanted to know what you guys recommended. Not sure if we are going to go all four or just the back two. I don't want to spend more than 80 a pair. I found a pair of MB Quart NFK 116 that fit my budget and I like their car stuff. I am running off the h/u only, no amp. Suggestions???
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-21-2009, 7:13 PM Reply   
Those sound like they are the old style KS grills, just change the grills to the new style.

http://www.kicker.com/ks_series

Take the money you save and get a Kicker zx350.4 to power them!

(Message edited by chpthril on August 21, 2009)
Old     (clotus)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-21-2009, 11:46 PM Reply   
Anyone know if I can simply change the grills and if so where can I buy them???
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-22-2009, 5:40 AM Reply   
Yes, replacement grills are available, just need to know exactly what model speakers you have and double check the size to make sure another style grill will fit. Your boat may have DS series speakers, they have a triangle patterned grill as well. Post a pic, measure the speaker (or pull one and see what series model it is on the magnet) and measure the grill's bolt spread. I'll see what I can find out. Call Kickers tech support as well, they are always helpful.
Old     (clotus)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-22-2009, 11:02 AM Reply   
The boat is in the shop getting a couple little things fixed and a bimini built, but will figure out the specs and then contact kicker. Thanks for the help!