Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 28, 2009

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-04-2009, 9:15 AM Reply   
A friend of mine is looking at a 1997 and i told him I would post up too find out feedback on this boat.

Thank you
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-04-2009, 3:06 PM Reply   
I have the pre2200wt, 1998. I do not know for sure if it is the same hull, just one foot longer than the 2100, but the wake is pretty good.

It is in the middle as far as steep vs rampy. Its not as mellow as a VLX or xstar, nor is it as steep as the old Sans (pre 07'), supras, or epic.

width of wake is in the middle as well. it is weight sensitive, but easy to clean up.

I run 1300 up front and 1200 in the rear. with a full tank and 4 people, 75'-80' at 24 and taps all the way up, it is pretty fun.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-05-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
you run that much weight plus the factory ballast? also what is the rough water ride?
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-05-2009, 6:57 PM Reply   
There was no factory ballast in my boat... "it has TAPS, it doesnt need ballast!"

Rough water ride is okay. Way better than a direct drive ski boat, but not as smooth as a new BU or Mastercraft or any other new wake boats. Took it to parker strip during 4th of July one year and the river was like a washing machine. beat us up, and my tower rattles a lot. Same on a busy day in Havasu, it will beat you up if you are just using it to cruise the lake when there are white caps...
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-05-2009, 7:05 PM Reply   
As far as the boat, I like it. It is simple, runs perfect, no rattles (except the aftermarket tower) and it is built really well. My seats are beat up from the previous owner though.

I added #2500lbs and a new prop (I think ACME 514 3 blade, not sure), with 4 people and full tank of gas it planes easily. I also added Perfect Pass, but I would maybe try a GPS based cruise control so that you dont have to drill a 3" hole in your hull. The PP works great, but GPS systems were brand new at the time and I did not want to be a guinea pig.

For the money, I am happy with the boat and have nothing bad to say. If I would have had $45k+ at the time I would have gotten something newer, most likely a VLX. But I had to stay under $20k.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-05-2009, 9:31 PM Reply   
thank you