Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-15-2008, 5:07 PM Reply   
Traded in our Duramax for the cummins. There are several things I want to do to it. So far we have only debadged it. Next will be steps,window tint, level the front, wheels and tires & fender flares.

Upload
Upload
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-15-2008, 5:33 PM Reply   
Sweet looking truck. Is that Patriot Blue? I'd call that a huge upgrade!
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-15-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
Slap an Aero exhaust on it. You wont be sorry. Looks great! I debadged mine too, good decision. One thing I wish I would have done when I did the leveling kit was change the shocks.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-15-2008, 5:48 PM Reply   
It's called black crystal ( black/metal flake ) I think. Yes I plan on doing front shocks. I want to find out if exhaust will effect the warranty 9yr/120,000 mile warranty 6.7 motor.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-15-2008, 6:38 PM Reply   
Good lookin truck! How long have you had it? Is the exhaust wrapped from Dodge yet? Its one of the new things they are doing to help prevent premature soot build up in the exhaust, DPF and sensors. You should be alright with a new exhaust, be careful with any tunes though.

I'll find out tomorrow if you need an answer for sure, I just took a service advisor position with a large Dodge dealer.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-15-2008, 6:46 PM Reply   
Nice. I couldn't tell if it was black or dark blue.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-15-2008, 7:03 PM Reply   
you will love towing with that truck... and when you have a load in the bed, it rides real nice
Old     (ds3)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-15-2008, 7:39 PM Reply   
All trucks look so much better with all the decals off. Very nice!
Old    stillstandin            10-15-2008, 9:04 PM Reply   
What made u get rid of your duramax.. Just curious.
Old    mendo247            10-16-2008, 7:57 AM Reply   
Downgrading huh? I see alot of people doing that in this economy.

AHhhh just kiding man! Nice rig! Brand new? Any particular reason you went with Dodge this time? I have know clue what brand of truck id buy this time, they are all so nice and each has it upsides.
Old     (peachman)      Join Date: May 2004       10-16-2008, 8:14 AM Reply   
nEwJ HoSeR,

Can you tell me anymore about the Aero exhaust? Did it change your mileage much, what about noise change, power, torch, etc...

My bride drives the truck most of the time due to my commute so I don't think she would go for anything that is too loud.

Sorry for the thread hi-jack!

Sweet looking truck Aaron, you won't be disappointed!

Thank you,
JT
Old     (blaydeman)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-16-2008, 5:34 PM Reply   
i hope chrysler merges with gm so i can get that exact truck with an allison. or a gm platform with a cummins. that would be so sick
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-16-2008, 5:36 PM Reply   
No particular reason the Duramax was great. The Cummins is great as well. It was the simple for us we did not want to lift the new truck and that is the only way we like the new chevy hd's. The dodge I can level the front and it will look sweet. Fuel mileage is the exact same.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-16-2008, 5:56 PM Reply   
You just can't compare the Duramax to the Cummins. Duramax is on what third generation now and still working out some minor kinks. I doubt you'll see a merger between GM and Chrysler. GM tried this with Ford as well I believe, when GM stocks tanked last time. The Allison is certainly the best part of the GM diesel truck package though. The new GM truck body style is fugly too IMHO.

(Message edited by wake upppp on October 16, 2008)
Old    stillstandin            10-16-2008, 8:21 PM Reply   
I dont like the new GM body style stock, but lifted they look good. I think GM is the only one who has all the kinks worked out of their Diesel with all the new emissions.. Nice looking truck by the way, For me, It came down to who gave me the best deal, Dodge, or Chevy. The Chevy dealer won.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-16-2008, 9:34 PM Reply   
For me the best would be a cummins and allison tranny in a ford super duty body.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-17-2008, 9:05 AM Reply   
JT

The Aero exhaust has a nice mild tone as long as you dont remove the cat. They make it with the option of with or without a resonator. I did just a muffler swap with the 4040 nonresonated. I noticed a 1 to 2 mpg gain in combination with a cold air intake. The turbo seems to spool up easier.

Plain and simple the noise is tasteful. It's a nice deep tone. This is where I got mine super cheap. These guys are knowledgeable and nice if you have questions.

http://www.parleysdieselperformance.com/site/988369/product/AEROMUFFLER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ymRRyEzFuk
(this is a new one but sounds very similar. I have the 4040)

Joel
Old     (tp83)      Join Date: Nov 2007       10-17-2008, 2:16 PM Reply   
nice truck, i'd want one but theres just to much emissions crap that would have to be taken out to make the new engines worth an buying imo. and mike, thats my dream truck right there.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-17-2008, 9:45 PM Reply   
Aaron, with your warranty you should not have any worries as long as you do it like Joel mentions and keep your DPF in place and replace from that part back. If you pull your DPF your computer will not be happy and your truck will end up not running very well.

Brian

(Message edited by bac on October 17, 2008)
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-18-2008, 1:09 PM Reply   
Nice ride Aaron. Now you have more of an excuse to come by seeing as how April's owns a Dodge Dealership.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-18-2008, 6:14 PM Reply   
Hey Matt, off topic, but is one of the girls in your profile pic named Erin?
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-19-2008, 2:37 PM Reply   
Ya we need to stop by again Matt. One more pic for every one. Window tint and steps are done.

Upload
Old     (dmontandon)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-20-2008, 9:05 AM Reply   
Those steps look nice...Are those the factory step's? We just picked-up the same exact rig a couple of weeks ago... If not factory who's are they? and How much?
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-20-2008, 2:32 PM Reply   
Yes factory steps. We bought them used. I like them because they sit close to the body and they do not hang down so low like others I have seen.
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-21-2008, 8:10 AM Reply   
That would be correct TXSurf.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-21-2008, 8:41 PM Reply   
Right on Matt. I thought so. Thats on of my really good friends little sisters. I've known her for as long as I can remember. She's a cool girl. Next time you see her, tell her Brian said hey.

Sorry to hijack the thread Aaron. And hey, since you are in the Houston area, if your truck does give you any trouble, depending on where you are, I'm a service advisor for Dodge out in Katy, if you do ever need any help, let me know, I'll do what I can to take care of ya if you need anything for the truck. You'll love the truck. Its looks nice with the factory steps too

(Message edited by bac on October 21, 2008)
Old     (sideburns101)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-22-2008, 6:30 AM Reply   
**Off Topic** Aaron, do you have any other pics of your supra without the sponsor graphics. I have the same boat and I have thought about doing the same thing. The boat looks much better with them off. Also, your truck looks nice. You will be very happy with it. **On Topic**
Old     (fbmuline)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-24-2008, 8:41 AM Reply   
Upload
Upload
2008 DODGE WITH ROCKSTARS
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-24-2008, 6:00 PM Reply   
^^^^Just wondering if you could post some smaller pictures?
Old     (fbmuline)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-25-2008, 7:45 AM Reply   
yeah.. trying to figure out how to make them larger.. first time to post pics.