Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-16-2008, 4:03 PM Reply   
As I'm sure most of you know-DSB is no more.
My sister and I picked up a 22ssv from them back in July just before they shut their doors. 2 months go by and I realize that I have not received my title, reg dox or trailer plate. I called the DMV and they have no record of my HIN or the CF# number. Obviously this could be a big issue if I were ever pulled over or something.

This post is just meant to be a heads up to anyone else out there who may have snagged a boat from them just before they closed the doors-you might want to check your status with the DMV. It is in no way meant to be a bashing post. DSB was awesome- and Steve and Jody are great guys and they really hooked us up. I know from personal experience when you have to close down a business-some things slip through the cracks...it is what it is.

FWIW
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-16-2008, 4:38 PM Reply   
DMV takes a long time. Definitely keep following up but in peak summer times, they take a LONG time.
Old     (razzman)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-16-2008, 6:33 PM Reply   
I bought mine from DSB in April and it took AT LEAST two months to get the tags from the DMV.
Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-16-2008, 7:45 PM Reply   
Good news-Hopefully that's all it is. It would figure that I'd make an appt. with DMV and go waste a ton of my time to find out that they suddenly found it.
Old     (thescott)      Join Date: Nov 2007       09-16-2008, 7:53 PM Reply   
By the way-Razzman-how's the Mobius treating you. When we were shopping, we almost pulled the trigger on an '07 LSV, even went out for a test with Steve from DSB on one. Then we talked ourselves in to an '08 LSV, then an '08 XLV. We were actually out to test an XLV-then we stepped into the 08 22ssv and took it for a spin instead-the rest is history.
When we took the LSV out I was really surprised by how well it handled.
Old     (deltadave)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-19-2008, 4:14 PM Reply   
I didn't hear anything about the bank closing DSB, they closed on their own. That should mean they paid their bank off for your boat. There have been dealers that have gone BK, kept the money and never titled boats. I'm sure their bank would already have a lien on it if there was an issue. Not to make you restless, I'm sure it's at DMV and, yes, they are slowwww.