Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-02-2008, 7:14 PM Reply   
I ride regular and would like to pick up an old boat for cash.

The 2001 hull seems to have the best reputation for wakeboard wakes.

How is it for surfing, especially on the left side for regular foot riders?

Also, with the limited space/size of this hull can I get away with 600 lbs. of lead/shot and a few people and no extra water ballast?

Thanks!
Old    K.B.C.            09-03-2008, 9:25 AM Reply   
My buddy just got one. My friend surfed the goofy side the other week and it looked okay. I would assume that the regular side is much more difficult to get a decent wave out of. 600# is better than nothing, but you'd probably want at least one sac on top of the 600 in lead.
Old     (04outback)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-03-2008, 5:45 PM Reply   
Some guys that ride on the lake with us fixed up a 2001 pretty sweet. They built tanks for the floor. they have been surfing a ton on it. They did say they need some more weight up front in it though. It will be tough to surf with only 600 lbs though..
You could probably find some sacs that will work in that hull for surfing..
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-03-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
I'm thinking 600 lbs and 4-5 people in that little boat ought to be passable, but we'll see...I have a few things to work out between now and the end of the year.