Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 19, 2008

Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-19-2008, 11:24 AM Reply   
I am looking at this super sport nautique and it is in really nice shape but there is one problem that I am not sure if it is a major issue. In the side of the boat is 2 gelcoat cracks steming from what I assume to be the rub rail screws extending down to about the waterline and then they go rearward another 16-18 inches or so.

I was concerned about the structural of the boat or if this is a permeable crack for water to seep in and weaken the fiberglass hull. What are your thoughts, the sooner I can hear them the better as we are trying to make a quick decision on this boat
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-19-2008, 11:25 AM Reply   
Picture would help a ton
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-19-2008, 11:27 AM Reply   
it isnt a gaping hole, it is a crack that looks like a hair the whole lenght. I tried to take pictures but it wont turn out. Thats all I gat, I wish I could do better.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-19-2008, 7:13 PM Reply   
ask the seller if you can take it to a fiberglass shop and get them to check it out to make sure its only a cosmetic problem and nothing could be further damaged from the cracks. if they won't let you do that...I'd say no deal and keep lookin...