Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (silverwake)      Join Date: May 2007       06-18-2008, 2:08 PM Reply   
Hey all you STL area folks. Just curious to see who's throwing what moves and what's being attempted. Just a chance to give your favorite local rider a plug and let folks know what you're working on.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-18-2008, 5:55 PM Reply   
We have plenty of guys and gals with some skills. Not to sure too many of them get on here though.

I have been working on BS180, HS Backroll, TS Backroll , HS3, TS3, the standard stuff.

Jon Prehn has been working on getting all of the above and then some more consistent.

Jimmy Almeter is working on some backside stuff and his first inverts.

Aaron Burlingame has been working on some backside stuff and trying to get his spins and inverts going.

Gabe Fowler, just simply throws down. He is at LOTO for the summer though.

Nick Franklin has a big bag of tricks too, but is usually busy working for Gator, Anarchy and XCEL and spending weekends at the lake.

Randy Aubuchon over at Driport has some spins and inverts, but I have never gotten to ride with him.

Recent KC transplant, Darren Pavara (hope I spelled your name right) has his spins and inverts solid.

Bobby Sutherland recently completed in the Byerly Toe Jam and is killing it on a skate. He just got a winch and should be adding some sick stuff soon.

We have a girl that we are working with that will be putting some stuff down soon and a recently converted show skier that learned a tantrum and a backroll in one afternoon.

Lots of stuff going on this year; it's too bad the river is screwed for the rest of the summer, otherwise we could try to get everyone together and have a shred sesh.

I know there are more people out there that I have ridden with that are doing fun stuff, so I am sorry if I left you out so speak up for yourself. I also happen to know there are some Southern IL rippers out there too from the Greenville area.

Anyway, check us out if you get a chance at www.wakeboardstl.com.
Old     (silverwake)      Join Date: May 2007       06-19-2008, 5:48 AM Reply   
There was a guy who rode in a couple of the INT tournaments last year who was throwing some pretty big stuff. I can't remember his name, but I think he and his buddy were from the TableRock area. He was going pretty big on several inverts.
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-19-2008, 6:25 AM Reply   
Rich from the SkiShack in Springfield/Table Rock can throw all his spins/inverts reg/switch. Plus he throws inverts off the double-up that causes strangers on the shore to drop everything and applaud...he rides with a 39 yr. old named Steve who also has a hefty bag of spins/inverts and can throw everything on his regular /flex boards. Sadly they've both sold their Malibus in recent time.
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-19-2008, 8:59 AM Reply   
STL, it's Darren Bevard. I ride with him down at LOZ. He threw down pretty good last weekend!
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-19-2008, 9:11 AM Reply   
Nice.. I will update my address book.
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-19-2008, 9:13 AM Reply   
Where do you guys ride at LOZ? We are back in Linn Creek Cove (31MM). Heard 'the lillypads' is/are nice and otherwise look for dawn/dusk sets.
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       06-19-2008, 9:17 AM Reply   
Andy, we ride up aroung the 42MM. The lillypads are way up the Grand Glaize are past PB1, and you gotta know where to go from what I hear. We took a trip last year up to the 67MM, great water up there.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       06-19-2008, 9:50 AM Reply   
i think there was this other guy that lived in lake st louis a while back that was pretty good... what was his name? Murray something or other?
Old     (silverwake)      Join Date: May 2007       06-19-2008, 12:53 PM Reply   
There's a young guy named Marc Shaver who helped me out at the boat show this past winter. Last season he started stomping a couple inverts (HS backroll and tantrum) and 3s. I think he's going to compete in INT this year, so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       06-19-2008, 1:16 PM Reply   
John - Thanks for perk
Actually I havn't ridden to much been busy working on a project latetly -see below. I am getting my 5's back and some Mobes - when I am not knocking myself out.

The river may be up - but be sure to keep posted on this site and Alliance's site in the next couple of days - There is going to be a HUGE EVENT downtown St.Louis July 5th. Some of the guys listed earlier from MO (Gabe, Kirby, Nick, Kyle, Carter, and yours truely)will be present - along with some even Bigger names - so here a chance to meet everyone .

Its been underwraps for about 2 months now - Big sponsors, big riders, and crazy time downtown with Fairs St. Louis and Cards vs. Cubs.

Yes-you should be licking your chops because this is all being done for bringing the SPORT to ST.LOUIS.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-19-2008, 1:22 PM Reply   
Why do people find it smart to keep things "underwraps" aka not marketing it until last minute. Then they wonder why crowds aren't bigger.

Sounds awesome, good luck.
Old     (silverwake)      Join Date: May 2007       06-19-2008, 1:35 PM Reply   
Randy, sounds pretty cool.
Be sure to keep us posted.
Old     (suckbuthavefun)      Join Date: May 2003       06-19-2008, 1:41 PM Reply   
A-dub,

I agree 100%!

Maybe he thinks he is creating hype...

Tim
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       06-19-2008, 2:07 PM Reply   
I wish I could have. Unfortuantely because of PERMITS, UTLITIES, SPONSOR AGREEMENTS, INSURANCE, ETC...all had to be cleared first before the green light was given.

Dont worry- there will be plenty of people downtown. It will something never before seen in St. Louis - happening along side of Fair St. Louis and Cards vs. Cubs Rivalry. Should be posted literally in the next day or two. Once I saw this discussion I knew this would be a great place to break it.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-19-2008, 2:13 PM Reply   
Totally understand Randy. It just seems to be a trend lately with events, especially in the midwest. There will for sure be a huge crowd for the other events going on, and people will be exposed to wakeboarding. Now it is then that I wonder what happens. They saw a wakeboarder, cool. I don't think they'll do much regarding wake after that, but the kid in the middle of Illinois that would have loved to see Parks or whoever, didn't because he never knew about it, or his family planned a trip to Chicago over the 4th just last week because there wasn't anything else to do. Or, another example, I may not book my tickets to Orlando for that weekend and come by.........
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-19-2008, 2:17 PM Reply   
sorry to hi-jack the nelly-ville thread
Old     (ddoubleu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-20-2008, 11:13 AM Reply   
back to st louis riding I am visiting till next tuesday from california and just tore out my binding this morning, i am looking for somewhere to rent/ buy a new board none of my relative ride so they have no idea where to go but Im on lake st louis. hit me up if you can help me out my name is Danny and my phone # is 415.328.4544
thanks
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       06-21-2008, 11:50 AM Reply   
Dan-

Dri-Port is right there. Stop by and I'll set you up from the Proshop. I also have a Demo program you can take advantage of.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-24-2008, 5:12 AM Reply   
The boys from STL were in full effect at the first round of the IL/MO INT this weekend. It was cool to chill with everybody and I look forward to hopefully seeing everyone this Sunday at the next stop, since I won't make Saturday.

It was sick to see Kyle Woehler (spelling) back in action. Sorry I forgot you from my original list.

A-Dub - Don't hate on "The Lou". Nelly is still "King of this City".
Old     (therealpdiddy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-24-2008, 1:48 PM Reply   
dudes from the lou should post some pics
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-24-2008, 11:26 PM Reply   
Red Bull/ Mastercraft rail jam July 5th down by stadium check it out was talking to adam e & thats what he said
Old     (silverwake)      Join Date: May 2007       06-25-2008, 5:47 AM Reply   
I'm guessing they're still not going to be allowing recreational boats on the river by then. I wonder if the event organizers have a contingency plan. That would stink if the event got cancelled.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-25-2008, 5:59 AM Reply   
The Red Bull/ Mastercraft rail jam is July 5 in downtown St. Louis on dry land (think pools, winches and rails). I am not going to say where or more details because it's not my event and I am sure Randy will jump on here with all the details shortly. Stay tuned.

Don - I got your email about your boat and its too big for my lake. I need to be at 22 foot, but thank you for the offer and good luck selling it.
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       06-25-2008, 8:06 AM Reply   
First-it is not Mastercraft/ Redbull Rail Jam - my sponsors wont be happy with that.

The event is called Gate-way to the West Rail-Jam. Mastercraft, St. Louis Area Toyota Dealers, Redbull, Step Up Productions and Dri-Port Marine who are the main Sponsors. All of which are bringing out some crazy 08 stuff. Next, Step-Up Productions will be coming out with their -big-rig- setup - from Florida - so it will be a full-on scale rail jam event (same people who do Supercross, X-games, etc..). Next Redbull will be premiering their Premiere of "Blackout" on Jumbo Trons at the event. There will be tons of giveaways from vendors such as Anarchy, Alliance, Slingshot, Hyperlite, CWB, Sidewayz, JetPilot and tons more.

Can someone tell me how to post jpegs on this? I throw up the Flier for the event.}
Old     (silverwake)      Join Date: May 2007       06-25-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
Randy, this sounds great! I'm sure it was a lot of work to pull together, so I'm sure many thank yous are in order. Hopefully, we can have more events like this in the future and really start to broaden the sport's appeal in this region.
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       06-25-2008, 9:36 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       06-25-2008, 11:08 AM Reply   
Nice to see all the reppin' from STL.

John, thanks for the props. Hope to hook up with WakeboardSTL this week for some more riding.

Kirk, thanks for the spelling correction. Hope to see you and the fam on the 4th. (We won't be down this weekend.)
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-25-2008, 11:35 AM Reply   
is the rail jam open registration or are there just a few select people riding in it?
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       06-25-2008, 12:03 PM Reply   
The Rail Jam is an Exhibition style event. The riders have already been booked.

Forgot to mention their will be a DJ also during the event producing the vibes during the event.
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-25-2008, 3:10 PM Reply   
What riders have CONFIRMED?
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-25-2008, 7:41 PM Reply   
Randy told me that Kyle Alberts is a for sure. He will chime in with all the details.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-25-2008, 9:31 PM Reply   
Damn I want to go to this. Since there is going to be a game going on and what not. What would be the best way to get here from Jefferson City? Someone email/pm me!
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-26-2008, 6:46 AM Reply   
Here is the location Randy told to me. Randy can you confirm please?

Al Hrabosky's Ballpark Saloon
800 Cerre St
Saint Louis, MO 63102
314-241-6969
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       06-26-2008, 2:13 PM Reply   
Wakeboard STL - that is correct. It is at Al Hrabosky's right next to the stadium and Hwy 40.

The lineup of riders covers some killer styles.
Taylor McCollough - rider from Liquid Force
Kyle Alberts - rider from Hyperlite
Gabe Fowler - rider from CWB
Kyle Woehler - rider from Gator Boards
Kirby Liesmann- rider from CWB
There are 2-other guys I am waiting on final confirmations.
Taylor - she is an up and commer 9-yr old girl who is tearing it up at the Pro-Tour. Seeing her alone on the setup is well worth it. Kirby is ripping it up in Jr. Mens at the Pro-tour. Kyle A.- self explanatory plus he kills is better than any other rider right now on this setup. Kyle W. - just won KC's Rail tournament by doing an 8-foot ollie onto the top of the A- Frame. Gabe- always have some crazy bag a tricks he pulls out during rail jams and just threw the cleanest Indy-Tantrum to Blind I have ever seen the other day.

NEW INFO!! Dan-o the Man-o will be in attendance announcing the event. For all you Cub-y fans.
Old     (silverwake)      Join Date: May 2007       07-02-2008, 11:21 AM Reply   
Randy, is there any advertising for the event on the Fair St. Louis site? I couldn't find anything.
Old     (addicted)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-02-2008, 8:53 PM Reply   
I'm stoked to here that there will be an event downtown! I'll be at the lake Friday and Saturday (might have tried to schedule that differently, but this is the first I've heard of this event!!), but since this is an all day event, I won't have any problems getting back in time. The best part is that I can just walk down to the rail jam from my apartment and hang out.

See you guys there!
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-03-2008, 6:21 AM Reply   
^^^^^ Why has the local news stations not been contacted, local papers, as mentioned above fair sites, Cardinals to announce during the game to come check out after??? Come on guys this needs to be posted EVERYWHERE to help gain attention for the sport. With all this going on the potential for Tens of thousands of people watching is there DON'T WASTE THE OPPORTUNITY!!!!
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       07-03-2008, 7:15 AM Reply   
Jim T feel free to contact whom ever you feel worthy. I appreciate your enthusiasm.
As for PR of the event. The event PR pieces have already long been sent out to all local media avenues. Again, thanks for everyones enthusiasm on this it going to be a great time.
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       07-07-2008, 11:49 AM Reply   
Thanks for everyone who made it out. The event went down PERFECTLY. Many thanks to my last minute rider Nicola BUTLER for making the last minute flight from Orlando the day of. As well as the others riders, Scotty Macky, Kirby Liesmann, Gabe Fowler, Kyle Woheler, and Taylor McCollough.

I'll have pics up soon for everyone.
Old     (addicted)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-07-2008, 9:38 PM Reply   
The event was awesome, Randy! I really hope that more events like this show up around here in the future. The weather was perfect, and the crowd was pumped after the Cardinals beat the Cubs.

I only got to watch the last session, but the riders were sick. My best picture was:
Upload

I didn't get to see Nicola run (much to my dismay), but the other riders were great. I didn't know many of the riders, but there was a rider from St. Louis that was awesome, and the guy from Australia was also great.
Old     (jmuthafnp)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-08-2008, 6:03 AM Reply   
Randy - Congrats on the event. I heard everything went well and everybody killed it. Hope to be able to see some more pictures soon. Swivel has a sick picture of Kyle W. doing a big 5 off the kicker, I will try to get it up here for you.

On a side note - Give me a call when you get a chance.
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       07-08-2008, 6:09 AM Reply   
THanks guys.. I have a teaser up on utube of the event. We are working on the full length and it should be up at alliance here soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxbj7opwV4o
Old     (swivel)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-08-2008, 12:03 PM Reply   
Attending the event was siick. Swimming with the riders in the pool and getting to know a lot of cool people was the best part. Even the photographer was taking underwater pictures and Bobby sutherland was videotaping the sessions in the pool. Props to Randy for the entire thing. That was a killer time. Getting to be behind the scenes with everyone and just having a good time seeing how everything went down was teight. My family and I were only supposed to go there to say hi and leave but them getting drunk in the tent allowed me to stay for the entire thing which was deff. a good thing. Randy I do have some sick pictures if you want them. Anyone who didnt get to attend really missed out on an awesome time.
Old     (swivel)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-08-2008, 12:12 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       07-08-2008, 6:52 PM Reply   
Sarah glad to hear u had a great time. That was the whole ideal for the event and to give a chance to meet everyone and hang out. Plus to give Saint Louis a show they have never seen before.

John - send me a pm with ur number or give me a shout a the office (dri-port).
Old     (addicted)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-08-2008, 7:46 PM Reply   
Here's a pretty funny bail photo I found too:
Upload
Old     (swivel)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-09-2008, 9:16 PM Reply   
does anyone know if there going up to the KC rail jam on the 19th? I really really want to go but I need to find people to go with.
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-10-2008, 6:58 AM Reply   
you mean the scion cable comp on the 19th? i'll be going, but i live in the kc area :-)
Old     (inty399)      Join Date: May 2007       07-10-2008, 7:18 AM Reply   
the scion open is gonna be sick. Kenny Bartram is doin a freestyle show. it will be tight.
Old     (aubuchon03)      Join Date: May 2007       07-10-2008, 7:36 AM Reply   
KC just had their rail jam on July 3rd and 4th in downtown KC - (some of the riders traveled back and forth to hit up both Rail -Jams the past weekend - many props for their hard work). I would imagine Mike (KC Owner) will have some pics up on his site soon of it.

I plan on being at the event - however not sure when I will be heading over. There are going to be many things going on -

Hope to see everyone there - feel free to give me a shout or stop on by Dri-Port if you guys want to get carpool group set up.

(Message edited by aubuchon03 on July 10, 2008)
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-10-2008, 7:37 AM Reply   
http://www.kcwatersports.com/
Old     (fritzdoesevents)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-10-2008, 7:59 AM Reply   
All-

This is an event that we are doing similar to the event we did in the winter at snow creek and hidden valley. We have a ton of free give-a-ways from all of the sponsors and will have activities all day long. for those of you who came to the scion open in the winter, I will be paying for an air conditioned riders tent where we will also feed you free of charge just for entering the tourney. Tons of great prizes, beginners to pros to knee boarders will be rewarded for their riding. as always if any of you have any questions concerning this event please feel free to email me at fritz.heffinger@deptzero.com. I hope all of you come out to this event, having kenny come out and do the demo, from the great riding to all the activities such as paint ball target practice, knee boarding skills and style and boat demos from natique! Hope to see you all there.
Old     (swivel)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-11-2008, 4:20 PM Reply   
Randdy I just might hit up your offer on the carpool if meeting at dri-port. But depending on how long you are going and when we would be back...just stuff like that. let me know.