Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-23-2008, 1:24 PM Reply   
I just found out that my cat has put a couple o' tiny puncture holes in my backrest vinyl .....

I'm in the house now, watching for him to come in the kitty door, then it's off to the pound if he lives through the "operation" I may have to repair it with a tabby skin graft ..........

(Message edited by clubjoe on June 23, 2008)
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-23-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
yea... the cat we have is pretty cool... then she becomes a royal "B"! I want a leather couch.... heh... not with this cat though. I am just going to have to buy another cheap cloth one so she can tear it up too... I cant wait until she kicks the bucket! is there any cat assassins out there?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-23-2008, 1:36 PM Reply   
I just bought a new Escalade. I left it outside and the next morning, there were paw prints all over it along with a nice scratch on the hood(in the prints). I have been sitting outside with my red rider ever since.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-23-2008, 1:54 PM Reply   
So you can add a BB hole in the windshield, too?

I can understand the neighbor cats thing, one pissed in my Jeep the other day. I don't leave it outside with the top off anymore.

Did you not know cats had claws and they use them when you got him?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-23-2008, 1:59 PM Reply   
I will probably wait until he is clear of the truck.
Old     (clubjoe)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-23-2008, 1:59 PM Reply   
Got him under duress, but i like him now so I guess I'll have to keep him........

Not to worry though, as soon as he gets home, I'm gonna chop his little paws off and staple on some rubber crutch tips (the white ones so he doesn't leave marks on the kitchen floor)...
Old     (jedidiah)      Join Date: May 2008       06-23-2008, 1:59 PM Reply   
My solution would be to cut off its head and throw it on a post in the front yard as an example to all other neighborhood cats...

Some might call this barbaric..... I call it justice.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-23-2008, 2:30 PM Reply   
I'm hating our cat right now too.

It was cool when we lived where we couldn't have a dog. But now we do have a dog, and the cat/liter box thing has lost it's lustre. Die Cat Die!
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       06-23-2008, 3:31 PM Reply   
Take out your frustration here:

http://www.richsalter.btinternet.co.uk/
Old     (cody_08_lsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-23-2008, 3:37 PM Reply   
that cat game is freakin hard im not kidding either
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       06-23-2008, 3:47 PM Reply   
my cat came with the wife.... so.... it was either deal with the dumb cat..... or break it off... so now I have a cat...grrrrrr
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-23-2008, 4:38 PM Reply   
i would have broken it off sean... my buddy has to deal with a few cats at his house. he lives on a lake and one night we were out fishing and saw one on a deck. i casted my line on the deck and the cat started going after it. he grabbed the lure and tried running away but i started reeling in and almost got it into the water but he let go just in time. i wish i would have set the hook harder. hahaha. those animals should not be pets. they are boring and cause a constant nusance(spelling). they would be cool if you could train them but that is impossible
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-23-2008, 4:49 PM Reply   
our cat is an outside cat and occasionally comes inside... that thing is a small animal assasin.. so far she has brought rats, cardinals, a dove, baby rabbits, adult rabbits, and even a baby possum to the house as an offering to us... not quite sure why she does this, but as long as we have ZERO mice, i dont care...

we did have to get a pet proof screen on the front door because she likes to see what's going on inside.Upload
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-23-2008, 4:58 PM Reply   
I spent $ 600 on new black leather ottaman that is like a trunk so you can store crap inside. I hadn't had it in my house for more then 10 minutes and the cat climbed up the lid because I had it open transferring the crap from my old coffee table in to the trunk. I could have killed the little bastard. He has since put a couple more in it. I suppose that's what happens when you have animals.
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-23-2008, 8:52 PM Reply   
My CATS (plural) love to sleep on the cover of the boat then use the cover with they vinyl under the cover as a scratching post. Needless to say that the GF has been warned and if they do it again, their arses are being dropped off in a field far, far away.
Old     (snwmot)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-23-2008, 10:25 PM Reply   
c.r next time the stupid cat does that soak em with a spray bottle a couple times of that and they'll quit pretty fast! lol
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-24-2008, 5:28 AM Reply   
www.softpaws.com

Little vinyl nailcaps do the trick. Not for an outside cat though...

Has anyone ever tried to take a cat out on the boat?
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-24-2008, 6:54 AM Reply   
A cat I used to have hid in a storage area in my boat once, and made it all the way to the lake! She jumped out at the staging area while we were getting the boat ready to launch. I caught her, and it wasn't hot that day, so she waited in the truck for a few hours.

J-rod, install a pet door in the door to your garage, and keep the litterbox out in the garage. Much less offensive. Cats figure out pet doors pretty quickly, too.
Old     (tonality)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-24-2008, 7:29 AM Reply   
Hey trace, how hard are those doors to install yourself? I need to do that asap, my little fur turd LOVES to drop one off the moment i sit down in my office, drives me insane. Can you recommend any particular brands?
Old     (jason_b)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-24-2008, 8:43 AM Reply   
A bowl of antifreeze and a hand full of Kitty-Chow. Problem solved.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-24-2008, 8:59 AM Reply   
They're not too bad; takes about an hour. Take the door off and cut the hole on sawhorses. Once you have the hole cut, it takes like 2 min to install the pet door.

I've installed a couple different ones, and I like the small hard plastic ones that you can set to locked, open, only let them out, or only let them in. They look small, but I had a really fat cat (22 lbs), and he could squirt himself thru easily.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-24-2008, 10:43 AM Reply   
When I was a youngster we had the same problem with feral cats putting holes in the tops of the seats in my dads jetboat, if you put cardboard in between the cover and the seats the cats will stay off, apparently they don't like to walk on cardboard, watch out though if there are labels or printing on the cardboard the dyes may soak into the seats if it rains etc.
Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-25-2008, 1:42 PM Reply   
Has anyone ever tried to take a cat out on the boat?

I know several guys that have taken cats out on their boat. I don't know a single one, however, that has brought one back.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-25-2008, 2:11 PM Reply   
I think we should merge the "kill the cat" thread with the "save the dogs" thread, see if cival war breaks out......

Rod
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-25-2008, 2:42 PM Reply   
They must have lost their anchor and figured the cat would be a good suplement