Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-28-2008, 1:06 PM Reply   
OK, so yesterday I got my teenage son and his friend down to El capitan for our first day of Boarding. I also just installed Perfect Pass and a New FAE exhaust system over the winter so I kinda wanted to check that all out too.

For those of you that do not have an FAE, I would recommend it for, if nothing else, how quite it makes the boat.. and.. how much better you can hear your stereo from +65' back.

Anyways... When I finally got my turn behind the boat. The boys were playing some kinda gansta rap thing off the 4 large cans that come off my tower and the woofer that is under the dash. I swear to god for the first time I could actually feel the sound vibrating down my rope and in the handle. So to make sure I was not just crazy or something, I was wondering has this ever happened with any one else on this board....(or did I just have too many Coors lights?)
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-28-2008, 1:20 PM Reply   
it was probably not too many coors lights... i have also felt the vibration in the rope
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-28-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
la bala de plata!!!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       04-28-2008, 3:19 PM Reply   
funny,

Nate and I were talking about this the other day. I can definately feel my tunes coming down the rope.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-28-2008, 3:23 PM Reply   
Nope your not crazy. I can feel the Bass in my Handle no problem. I think it works like the Old School Phone's Vibration threw a wire to create sound.
Old    Ben Kerran            04-28-2008, 3:48 PM Reply   
G- Of course you can feel yours. With your custom carbon fiber handle with two 4" JL subs molded into the handle and the cat 5 double twined speaker wire running up through hollowed out mainline. From there it disappears into the tower and is routed into the gun wales where it is powered by a JL 1000/1. Don't even get me started on the boat subs and the floating remote. hahahaha
Can't wait for this weekend. It says 80 both days.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-28-2008, 4:04 PM Reply   
Since we're talking about handles and stereos...can someone please place some stereo control buttons on the handle so that I can skip tracks and adjust the volume while I ride? That would be nice.
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       04-28-2008, 4:13 PM Reply   
Jarrod
They make a remote that will do that
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-28-2008, 4:32 PM Reply   
Benny: LOL that's a great Idea. Better yett Have it so that you can adjust the speed on the handle and have it so the rider can tell the driver where he wants to be pulled.
Old    mendo247            04-28-2008, 4:50 PM Reply   
Yeah you know its pounding when you can feel it through the handle!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-28-2008, 5:36 PM Reply   
yea you need that option on the handle if you ever ride behind daryl's boat. he likes to mess with ya and put on britney or something gay like that
Old     (laraujo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-29-2008, 8:19 AM Reply   
Wonder if someone could figure a way to put a 52" LCD up on the tower that you can control from the handle remote as well? That way you can see what you are doing
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-30-2008, 9:16 PM Reply   
i have a waterproof blu ray player and screen in my handle so i can watch movies in full HD while I ride and I also put a back massager in my vest so i get a sweet massage while riding. Also i have a drink and popcorn holder in the handle for the movies. I'm working on a waterproof bluetooth headset so I can talk on the phone while riding.

Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-02-2008, 8:52 AM Reply   
Customers have commented on being able to feel the bass.

Why even have a driver? Automated controls from the handle!

Upload