Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-17-2008, 7:00 AM Reply   
When I winterized my boat back in November, I was using a funnel in the intake hose to suck antifreeze into the impeller pump. It took a couple gallons and then stopped sucking up anymore fluid. I thought this was strange and decided to change out the impeller. The impeller looked pretty good but I went ahead and replaced it anyway.

Fast forward to last night: I dropped her in the lake and she started right up, but I quickly noticed that it was not sucking up any water. I checked all the connections and no water was coming in anywhere. I am afraid I burnt up the new impeller but worse yet, I dont know how to solve the problem. Surely, I dont need a new impeller pump?! Any help would be appreciated.
Old     (csparks13)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-17-2008, 8:30 AM Reply   
The same thing happened to us. Our water filter globe cracked at the threads. So no water would flow due to the lack of suction. We burned our imprller up before we figured it out. We didnt need a new pump, we just replaced our impeller and the plastic globe. Runs fine no harm done. I would just replace your impeller first.

(Message edited by csparks13 on April 17, 2008)
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-17-2008, 8:33 AM Reply   
But the impeller was just replaced?
Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-17-2008, 6:46 PM Reply   
as cody wrote...
check for air leaks in the intake line.
Old     (csparks13)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-18-2008, 7:44 AM Reply   
Ya we replaced ours last summer too. I guess it doesn't take long to burn one up if its not getting the correct amount of water. It's the cheapest way, so I would start there.
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-18-2008, 8:47 AM Reply   
Take off your hose from the impeller and fill it with water. You have a air pocket in the system and are not pumping water. The best way to assemble it is to use soapy water and run it imediatly after replacing.

Its a 50/50 chance now if the impeller is good or not now.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-18-2008, 8:58 AM Reply   
the impeller will pump air and water.

i'd say check your intake hose again. you're losing suction
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-18-2008, 9:18 AM Reply   
I replaced the impeller just a few weeks ago. It must be pumping air. I will try to figure it out next week.
Old     (mtnm2)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-18-2008, 9:23 AM Reply   
I did that one time and could not figure out why I was not pumping water. I put the housing on backwards.