Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            11-24-2007, 5:22 AM Reply   
In case you haven't been following along, I have been building some compsand boards with bits and pieces of e.Balsa Wood in the construction. The e.Balsa has fought me tooth, nail and splinter the whole way. Which is why I hate it. :-)

NOW...e.balsa has crossed the line! I offer you FURTHER proof that wood is bane of man's existence. I ordered enough e.balsa to finish 3 boards, 2 just rails and one rails and skin.

Before my order could be processed, the WAREHOUSE burns to the ground!!!! I mean really, what are the odds? :-)

Truly, e.balsa is EVIL and I implore everyone to refer to it, from this day forward as e.balsa. :-)

http://www.lonestar-models.com/

A devastating fire Wednesday afternoon, November 21, burned the Lancaster building completely. The order you have with Lone Star will not be shipped. Everything is lost- all records- all computers. We don't even know who had orders in the works other than those via the website, and of course all our phones are out.
Old    surfdad            11-24-2007, 5:26 AM Reply   
Ed? Remember all the trouble you had in acquiring the e.balsa for your east-west don't call me late for dinner lightest board challenge - what did the online retailer say - they don't take payment any longer or something stupid like that? A coincedence? I think not! :-)

Even for a wood-lover (said with a grimace) like you, it's e.balsa. :-)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-24-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
I think Jeff set the fire.

I ordered balsa and called several time to figure out what happened to the order. They finally had the order ready to ship but told me that they could accept credit card orders yet and asked if I could send a check I figured that would add a week or two to a month long wait so to their dismay I canceled.

I was able to get about what I needed from local hobby stores but the difference in cost was way more than double.

It got down in the 20s last night and I’m on business travel for a while so I’m on hold for a little while. I do have another idea for a wood board but I have Recycle This II in the garage and have 7’3” and a 9’4” blanks on their way here.

As my son walked in the door this Tuesday, home for Thanksgiving break, I was in the basement working on part of the card board surf board. I could hear my son say “What another one?” Carol told him I was building another surf board.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-30-2007, 8:27 PM Reply   
Why I hate Foam. I placed an order for a couple of blanks and other toys from Fiberglass Supply November 13th. They said they would email acknowledgement of the order, but they did not. I called several days later and asked about the order. They were short one blank that their web site said was in stock. Rather than email me back or call me about the problem they did nothing.

I had to change my order for an in stock blank. They said they would ship via FedEx. Here we are the last day of the month and still no blanks. I called again to see if they had shipped yet. The order has been shipped but not via FedEx and they can't track it. The order might be here some time next week.

I’d say that I hate foam but I’ve never had any delivered yet so I don’t think I can say that I hate it.
Old    surfdad            12-01-2007, 4:56 AM Reply   
Me and the Foam Boys got together and... :-)

I feel your pain, Ed and I know it makes me an awful person, but, I chuckled. :-)
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-01-2007, 7:01 AM Reply   
Oh... So I see everyone is out to get me:-)

To be honest I haven't been home much lately and it's getting pretty cold so I haven't made much progress on Recycle This II lately.

In your other thread you were going to have someone else laminate your board because it was too cold. Last year I heated the garage with a kerosene space heater. It's about that cold again. I need to go out and buy a couple of gallons of kerosene.
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-06-2007, 7:16 PM Reply   
I really love wood