Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (sscott0203)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-09-2007, 4:08 PM Reply   
I have a 05 moomba LSV my tower is very shallow hangs very low.Does anyone know how low the 80's hang wet sounds is impossible to get a hold of. I know the 60's are smaller but i crave loud speakers. Planning on 4 of the 80's but can only afford 2 at the moment. What amp do you guys recommend for 4 of these things.
Old     (xaggie)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-09-2007, 4:52 PM Reply   
My measurement won't do you any good since they use the MC mounting plates, but as far as power I use 2 JL 300/2's. I've heard of people throwing more power at them, but I can't see how much louder you can go with out loosing the SQ. People here also like the Fosgate 600.4 for the price, but last time I looked it was out of production. Cheers, Matt
Old     (nasty530)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-09-2007, 4:57 PM Reply   
I used JL audio for all my full range speakers. I have been very happy with them. I have an extra JL 300.4 for sale for $300 if your interested.
Old     (sscott0203)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-09-2007, 4:59 PM Reply   
My next major question is how did you run your wires in the boat from the tower. My boat has a square plastic piece that is screwed into the boat that has two wires in it. Is there a different plug or something i can buy
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       10-09-2007, 5:00 PM Reply   
Seth,

Sorry you couldn't get us. We are installing a new phone system now so the phones have been messed up.

The PRO 80 hang height is 13 inches. The PRO 60 hang height is 10 inches.

We have also had a lot of people install 1 pair of each with the 80's on the outsides and 60's on the inside so you can get more head room in the center.

We also have a new model called the MB-8 which is a mid bass only. You can install one pair of MB-8 and one pair of PRO 60 and have a 3 way system. I have not got them on our site yet but they are shipping.

Let me know if you have any other questions, you can e mail me direct at twhite@wetsounds.com

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (sscott0203)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-09-2007, 5:12 PM Reply   
Thanks Tim for that info i think i going to go with the 80's and loose the head room i have to have something very loud. That doesnt sound like a bad idea going with 60's in the center.
Old    atloutbackv            10-09-2007, 5:16 PM Reply   
i would do the pro 60's and ditch the mount.. i had a machine shop make a 3/4'' spacer and drilled iit to match the factory holes on the tower that matched up with the holes on the pro 60's.... didt hang too low and worked awsome! here is a pic.....

Upload
Old    atloutbackv            10-09-2007, 5:18 PM Reply   
p.s. my hang height was only 8 inches if i remember correctly... the 80's hung way to low for my taste when i tried them....

(Message edited by ATLOUTBACKV on October 09, 2007)
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-09-2007, 5:27 PM Reply   
Chris, do you own the pro 60's...if so how do you like them? Do they deliver enought midbase? I am thinking about getting two pairs.
Old     (sscott0203)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-09-2007, 5:29 PM Reply   
Thanks Chris i see we have the same tower how did you go about bringing your wires from the speakers inside the boat?
Old    atloutbackv            10-09-2007, 5:44 PM Reply   
the pro 60's were awsome... if your worried about height /head clearence the 60's are the way to go for sure... if you have the height go with the 80's... i bit better mid bass but not enough to sacrifice headroom... i loved my pro 60's .. i just sold them because i purchased a new boat and i am giving a buddy of mines company a shot on the tower (fishnoyz).. if i like it cool if not i am doing the wetsounds threesome.... also i will tell you for subs.. you guys need to give the wetsounds twelves a shot.. they are great, and great for the marine enviroment with its rubber spider...
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-10-2007, 5:53 AM Reply   
chris, if your switching from wetsounds to fishnoyz your not going to be impressed. You should definately listen to the fishnoyz before you buy. IMO they never got their sound dialed in. their crossover points are wrong and the horns don't blend well at all with the mid bass drviers. You can't just throw an HLCD and a mid bass driver in an enclosure and expect it to soudn good. I listened to their stuff a little over a year ago.
Old    atloutbackv            10-10-2007, 6:14 AM Reply   
i heard them a while ago and i wasnt impressed either but doug has worked on it and got the sound right with some driver changes and some crossover changes.... we will see like i said if i dont like it i will go back to the wetsounds... no big deal
Old     (santa)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-11-2007, 8:59 AM Reply   
I just got a pair of Pro-80's for my Nautique SV-211. However I still have my 2004 Mobius LS (it's for sale).

I was in shock when I opened the 80's box, as I didn't realize that they would be so big. When mounted on the 211's tower, I'd say it's pretty darn big for that boat and we keep banging our head on it. The Mobius's tower sits even lower than the 211's, so in my opinion Pro 80's would be too big for this boat.

However, the sound is HUGE. I don't need to crank the volume to the max to hear them perfectly while riding. However, if I could do it over (or if someone wants to buy my pro-80's), then I'd get Pro-60's for Myself.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-11-2007, 9:06 AM Reply   
Not to be off topic but I heard a pair of pro 80's that were so bright it hurt. He even had foam stuffed it the centers, is that normal or were they set up wrong.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-11-2007, 9:13 AM Reply   
Matt,

How old were they? If they were the older versions, I don't believe they had the 3db attenuation on teh horns yet. Also, the more power you run to them the brighter they get IMO. I'd be willing ot bet the person had the settings on his HU up (you really need to run with your trebble setting at 0 or lower IMO) But there are some poeple out there that love that bright sound.
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-11-2007, 9:36 AM Reply   
They were newer
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-11-2007, 2:02 PM Reply   
Santa how much would you want for the pro 80's?
Old     (santa)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-11-2007, 7:52 PM Reply   
I'll take 750$ plus shipping. They're new.
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       10-12-2007, 12:36 AM Reply   
Roll with HSE Trident speakers all the way, loud as hell, clear crisp clean sound, amazing. www.hsetrident.com
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       10-12-2007, 4:18 PM Reply   
Matt,

One thing to remember. A speaker reproduces what signal it is fed. Crap in equals crap out. It all starts with the source, then the amplifier. If the signal is distorted before it gets to the speaker, the speaker plays whatever signal it gets. Unfortunately, the speaker is what people hear so it usually gets the blame. So yes, they were set up wrong. I designed our speakers using very high quality source units and amplifiers. The crossover is also tuned for a smooth response. If set up with the right power and the right gain settings etc...they should get very loud and be very clean.

Tim
Wet Sounds