Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ToddWake)      Join Date: Feb 2014       02-12-2014, 8:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
Todd wake is right.

Who is this wakeworlder with a profile that doesn't even exist?

I'm just a man impressed with Robert's lack of motive beyond promoting equality and justice in a sane and rationale way without agenda or propensity.

I'm sure he lives his life in this way and applies his "ice cold, no mistakes" approach to such things as cattle wrangling, retirement planning, or boat buying.

I'd be most obliged if Robert told me what kind of boat he rolls in.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-13-2014, 3:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddWake View Post
I'm just a man impressed with Robert's lack of motive beyond promoting equality and justice in a sane and rationale way without agenda or propensity.

I'm sure he lives his life in this way and applies his "ice cold, no mistakes" approach to such things as cattle wrangling, retirement planning, or boat buying.

I'd be most obliged if Robert told me what kind of boat he rolls in.
I can honestly say i don't roll in one of the "Top Three Boats". I can also honestly say that all of the top three make great boats. What we are discussing is Mastercrafts decision to cut the Jr. Men and the Women on their tour. Also cutting a number of stops is at issue here. As for the way i live my life, I'm a Wild Child who will never grow up. I have as much fun as possible every day.
Old     (ToddWake)      Join Date: Feb 2014       02-13-2014, 4:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
I can honestly say i don't roll in one of the "Top Three Boats". I can also honestly say that all of the top three make great boats. What we are discussing is Mastercrafts decision to cut the Jr. Men and the Women on their tour. Also cutting a number of stops is at issue here. As for the way i live my life, I'm a Wild Child who will never grow up. I have as much fun as possible every day.

You are not in one of the top three?

You are either:

1) poor
2) suffering from mental illness
3) a hipster being ironic
4) not a boat owner all all
5) a tube tugger

I recant all I've said about you Robert...which lowly brand do you call your own? So much for good judgement...
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-13-2014, 8:37 AM Reply   
Dispite the passively insulting appearance of this change, this is a good sign. The tour has sucked for over a decade. What is the tour? A showcase of the best riding? HAHA! Far from it. The riding we see daily in quick edits far exceeds what we see at a tour-stop. The tour is an advertisement venue. Its a way for a growing sport to advertise its gear and guage pricing\value. The fact that the sport has priced itself away from the masses and the events are no longer worth the advertising dollar is a great sign! Its another step in the impending crash of the wakeboarding market. We have needed a market correction for far too long.

Womens wakeboarding is not going away. In fact it is more dynamic now than it has ever been. This change means that the companies are making the final attempt to remain stable while still gouging the market. They do this by cutting costs in other ways, including advertising.

When we stop buying these products they will be forced to drop prices and pick up events as advertising, or they risk going under. If they do go under, great! Someone will buy the molds pennies on the dollar, produce a product with plain guages, basic sound, and builders grade vinyl, and sell them for $40k.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-13-2014, 11:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_ssr View Post
Its another step in the impending crash of the wakeboarding market. We have needed a market correction for far too long.

When we stop buying these products they will be forced to drop prices and pick up events as advertising, or they risk going under. If they do go under, great! Someone will buy the molds pennies on the dollar, produce a product with plain guages, basic sound, and builders grade vinyl, and sell them for $40k.
Did 2008-2011 not happen?
People pretty much stopped buying wake gear and boats. The market was flooded with repoed boats and they sold extremely cheap. Wakeboard companies and boat brands responded by building less. The boats that continued to sell were the top of the line because those people were not effected as much. Thats why the companies are building bigger and more expensive boats. They are trying to make product that their actual buyers want.

Also, remember Standard boats? Plain boats that made a good wake. Wakeworlders begged for a boat like this. They failed. People want big expensive boats with every options.

Did you know you can actually buy an Axis in the 40s? No one orders them. People want every option. You dont have to have the options to ride, but boat buyers want them and raise the price themselves.

The wake industry is not for the masses. It is a sport that from the beginning was for privileged people. Cable can get people into the sport though.

Check out this New York Times article. It helps explain it
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/03/bu...=tw-share&_r=1