Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       10-29-2013, 6:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexasBoy View Post
Time41,

Yes I have. Have you surfed behind an A22 with SurfGate?
No I haven't. Not sure if that would help or hurt the surf wake. Either way, my intention wasn't to downplay the axis wakeboard wake. It's fantastic and it probably is more versatile than the mojo. I simply meant that the Mojo has a much bigger stock wake and it's certainly not a disappointment for those of us that primarily wakeboard
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-29-2013, 6:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttime41 View Post
No I haven't. Not sure if that would help or hurt the surf wake. Either way, my intention wasn't to downplay the axis wakeboard wake. It's fantastic and it probably is more versatile than the mojo. I simply meant that the Mojo has a much bigger stock wake and it's certainly not a disappointment for those of us that primarily wakeboard
The stock wake from Axis is perfect for me. I doubt the Mondo is bigger than the stock Axis wake. The Axis gets crazy when weight is added. I put 900lbs in the nose and 800 lbs in the rear with wedge down and it was awesome. Once my buddy that had a 2010 and a 2012 Axis rode behind one with extra weight, he was hooked. He has since added the pnp to his.

Honestly, I looked up the Mondo today and was not impressed. The interior looks a lot like my 2014 Axis. Some of the fiberglass is laid out differently but that is the main difference. Axis upgraded the vinyl so now it is good quality, just less stiching that the premium boats. Surf Gate was the selling point for me.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-29-2013, 7:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezul View Post
Honestly, I looked up the Mondo today and was not impressed. The interior looks a lot like my 2014 Axis.
Really?

2014 Axis interior on the left, image pulled from WW
2014 Mondo interior on the right, image pulled from WW

You've been given some great advice about taking a ride in both, having a level of comfort with the dealer and buying what you like best.
Old     (padgett)      Join Date: Sep 2013       10-29-2013, 7:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe_drew View Post
Really?

You've been given some great advice about taking a ride in both, having a level of comfort with the dealer and buying what you like best.
Now I'm torn between the mondo, mojo, and mb f21 and b52

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (surffresh)      Join Date: Jun 2010       10-30-2013, 6:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by padgett View Post
Now I'm torn between the mondo, mojo, and mb f21 and b52

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and now we have some new players for the OP
Attached Images

Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-29-2013, 7:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe_drew View Post
Really?

I think your pictures lack some detail. Show the sundeck comparison. I can take some pictures of mine when I pick it up from Winterization on Friday.

The first thing that is noticable is the space. The Axis is wider. You also post the best Mondo vs a plane Axis. Get a pic of the Vandell edition and compare.

Last edited by dezul; 10-29-2013 at 7:44 PM.