Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-27-2011, 1:25 PM Reply   
Well temps warmed up alot today so I went to the lake and decided to start the boat and thoroughly check everything to make sure I'm ready for the season. Well I started the boat and it ran fine fIne for a bit until I began to accelerate. Around 2500-3500 rpm the motor started surging really bad almost like it was missing and it would not accelerate past that point. At that point I noticed the check engine light was on so I headed back to the dock. I stopped my boat and opened the hatch and soon as I did I heard a fairly loud pop. Almost sounding like the popping of a ziplock bag full of air and then the really large hoses running from the motor to the muffler started to contract and expand. I thought maybe it released pressure or possibly fixed the problem so I re started the motor and revved it in neutral and it seemed great for a few minutes even at higher rpm and then it started again... Any ideas?