Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-20-2010, 2:42 PM Reply   
Does anyone here use a Long John wetsuit? While searching on e-bay for a new heater top I came across these and thought about how practical they might be for late fall riding. I typically wear a heater top until I can't take it anymore, then I go to a dry suit. However, sometimes the dry suit is too much, say in late November in Texas.

What appeals to me about these John suits is that they are the same thickness throughout the suit, not just 3mm in the torso and then 2mm in the legs. The one in the link below is 3mm all the way around.

I'm thinking that if I wore this with my 2mm heater top that would give me 5mm on my torso, 2mm on my arms, and 3mm on my legs. After a set I could take off my heater top and throw on a hoody, while keeping the john suit on in-between sets.

I'm not thinking of this as a replacement to my dry suit when it's butt ass cold, I'm thinking this may hold off the dry suit until January or so. Your thoughts?

here's a link:

http://www.pleasuresports.com/3mm-2-...it-bottom.html

Last edited by nauty; 10-20-2010 at 2:45 PM.