Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (family_deckhand)      Join Date: May 2008       09-23-2009, 11:14 AM Reply   
Love the noise reduction and the reported safety of decreasing CO of the FAE.

I have fixed it once where it came loose from the boat exhaust port. Appears that the screws came loose. The result was bent supports. I was able to easily repair and there was no damage to the boat or to the FAE. I made sure that all the clamps and screws were tightened down.

Very next outing the damn thing came apart where the rubber meets the pieces that attach to the boats exhaust. This again resulted in no damage to the boat or the FAE. Basically bent the support bars that go down to the FAE.

In both cases it doesn't appear that the FAE hit anything. The FAE or my rudder and prop appear to have no damage like you would expect if I hit something.

So now I am thinking of removing it. I am mainly concerned about possible damage to my boat should it rip the screws out of the exhaust port leaving me with stripped holes for mounting anything. Secondly I am not fond of having to repair it which means unscrewing my platform each time.

Anyone experienced similar issues? What did you do? I have a MC 2008 X15. I don't really want to go back to the MC flappers as they are loud as he!!. I saw somewhere on the forums where someone took the Malibu downturn exhaust tips and installed them on their MC. Any thoughts on this approach rather than the FAE.

Again like the results of the FAE. They seem to have missed a bit on the construction execution.