Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (dragginby)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-18-2008, 1:49 PM Reply   
So this past thursday I was out riding the Dirty D. and was on my 2nd set. I was trying to work on my heelside 3. I got the pop and just barely missed the handle, when I landed I heard this loud pop....I knew I broke something in my leg! I unclipped the hinges on my zues. and loosened the strings.... stuck my hand in side to feel my bones were snapped and hanging there. In the mean time I am screaming F*(K and am in pain. My buddies roll up and I tell them i broke my leg. my one buddy jumps in hasselhoff style and grabs me and brings me to the swim deck. They take a screw driver and take the bindings off the board. Put me on the engine cover and start rolling me in. I had two firemen on the boat that knew what they were doing so I was in good hands. They are trying to call 911, but the operator keeps bouncing them back. One of the fireman (chilidog from this board) calls his firestation in Mt. House. The Mt House fire rolls up to Rivers End as we pull up.... Joel, (new_joser on this board) is one of the fireman from Mt. House. He dopes me up with a bunch of morphine and they proceed to cut my laces on my zues. I just picked these up the week before and did not want to destroy them. and Joel was cool about it. Joel new screen name should be candyman for all the morphine he gave me.

I took an ambulence to the ER in Tracy and what a bouncy ride! damn it hurt. I was in ER until about 10pm then they put me into a room and told me they will operate friday morning. I broke my tib fib and it was in a few peices. They said it is unstable and need to make it stable so it will not cause nerve damage. The doctor stopped by my room @ 9am and told me I was going to go under @ 10. I was a little worried, not knowing what was happening. They ended up putting a rod from my knee to my ankle and 4 screws. I got about 17 staples in my leg.I was not completely out when they operated. They gave me some wonder drug and an epideral.... I felt them pounding the rod into my leg and could hear it. Not a great sound. I was so drugged up I didn't care.

I got released saturday and have been laying on my parents couch. It sucks. I am bored and want to know if anyone else had has this happen. What was the recovery time?