Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old     (rhettb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-03-2003, 11:15 AM Reply   
I am looking to upgrade wakeboards to an intermediate/advanced board and have my choices narrowed down to 3. I was just wondering, from others experiences, which board is the best. Mainly looking for pop and speed - CWB Absolute, Hyperlite Premier, Liquid Force Substance - size would be 140. Thanks in advance for your advice and comments.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-03-2003, 11:43 AM Reply   
I spent two years on a Premier and then switched to the Platinum Absolute this season. The CWB rides very similar to the Premier 140 but seems to pop harder 'for me'. Landing the Absolute seems softer also. Although, I know plenty of guys that 'Kill It' on a premier. You should ride them both.
Old    pherret            06-04-2003, 7:34 PM Reply   
If you're looking for pop and speed, have you tried the Liquid Force Balance 140? Very fast board and hooks up great. Good, consistent pop from 3 stage rocker. I ride the Balance and my bro rides the Premier. The Premier may have a bit more pop, but also has a looser feel. The Balance feels more locked down.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-04-2003, 8:09 PM Reply   
For pop and speed you can't go wrong with the substance. I haven't ridden the Absolute, but I've ridden the premier 140, balance 140, and I currently ride the substance 141. The Premier 140 is slow and moderate pop. The Balance is much faster with the same pop, and the substance is somewhere inbetween as far as speed and by far has the most pop. The premier and the substance rode very similar, the balance felt too sticky for me, but a friend of mine said that if he didn't look down he wouldn't be able to tell if he was riding a balance or a premier. I've taken the center fin out of my substance and it sped up a bit, still holds a good edge. ok I'm done.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-04-2003, 8:39 PM Reply   
I have no ridden the substance but I can tell you that the Absolute is faster and pops easier than the Premier.