Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (dirty)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-06-2007, 3:23 PM Reply   
soooo sad on how they portray the sport on TV, the conditions were horrible and everyone rode like cr*p, I dont think anyone coulda done better, but they shouldn't showcase it in a 30 min show, poor Jeff Barton did so good on trying to keep the watchers enterained cause the riding wasn't doing it, Im not talking bad about any of the riders, the conditions were horrible and they did the best they could, but they made wakeskating look like it was 6-7 years ago, and all the falling, I saw maybe 1 or 2 good tricks in the whole show, no wonder why everyone from other sports make fun of wakeboarding when they show that Sh*t.

I was watching Surfing contests on Fuel and when the showed a bad contest with bad waves and no real action they showed it for 5-6 mins showing any highlights then off to the next good contest, even if it was the WORLDS, dont you guys agree that this sport trys sooooo hard to become really legit and be equal with snowboarding, skating, surfing, but with all that stupid coverage, it never will be, what does everyone else think?
Old     (jakoerber)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-06-2007, 3:36 PM Reply   
i really dont mind. I thin kif others want to look down on it thats fine. Being in sort of an underground sport is fine. I do however wish our pros could make a better living at it some have to find more than wakeboarding to make money.
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-06-2007, 3:41 PM Reply   
i agree with andy, just because its not shown as the sport it truely is in the national spotlight or (fuel)..doesnt mean that people bash the sport? obviously if there is a football game in freezing cold conditions, and no one can score a touchdown because of that, you dont see everyone on sportscenter the next day saying "gosh, how the hell cant they put the ball in the endzone, they must not be very good at this sport", when your a professional, your a professional, and people will always look up to that..good or bad.
Old     (dirty)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-06-2007, 3:50 PM Reply   
yeah but guys its the ONLY coverage this sport gets, unless people wanna go by a magazine or dvd's and if they aren't into our sport why would they.

I watch all the surfing, bmx stuff on there but I wouldn't go buy any of those dvd's or mags, but it still is sick, they show up to date sick crazy riding from all the best riders, come on guys, you want the riders to get paid more, it cant be an underground "cool" sport or portrayed to the masses badly, if people dont watch it on Fuel and the wakeboard show dont get good rating Fuel wont play them more or even keep the sport on the channel, then the sports just taking another step back instead of foward

and you should care if the other sports look down on it, you want this sport to get bigger, more companies, more riders more money right, so you should care

and unlike football they dont show 15 contests or shows a week on primetime, so if they have 1 or 2 bad games it doesnt hurt the sport, %10 bad coverage doesnt hurt the sport %90 bad coverage does
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-06-2007, 4:06 PM Reply   
Ahem (excuse me while I clear my throat) Did you SEE the boys division riding? One kid had FIVE mobes, one had three mobes and a SEVEN! This division had everybodys' mouths dropped. Yes the conditions were crappy, but that is not Fuels fault. Fuel is really stepping it up with coverage of our beloved sport. This is the first time I have ever seen coverage of the amateurs while filming a pro/am event. (ok, maybe one time before) We have those that are dogging on the mags because they are not aiming their coverage at amateurs and this show did both. I was there and was really happy the way both Fuel and No Fear backed up the sport.Just my two cents.....
Old    kc700            04-06-2007, 4:17 PM Reply   
I agree...the ams were killin it...no doubt
Old     (dirty)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-06-2007, 4:27 PM Reply   
actually I saw the boys division it was the sickest riding Ive ever seen from amatuers in a contest, Im talking more about the pros, wakeboarding and wakeskating was just soooooo unimpressive cause of the conditions, Ive seen all those riders ride in person and they all kill, but you'd never know that from that show and/or most of the coverage of wakeboarding you see on TV, no I take that back Ive seen some cool stuff on Fuel for The Valdez Bros on New Pollution, some of the Pull TV shows, and a couple of the first hand interviews are all SICK, Im just talking about the Worlds and alot of the contests they show, for example for Worlds they shoulda just stopped after the Boys and jr mens, that was very impressive riding for amatuers, that seven Jacob Valdez?(or was it Eddie) pulled was sick, impressive for the pro division, but I still was soooo bummed I waited up till 1:00am to watch it and was just such a let down to watch for 30 min when they could of put all the highlights from a couple contests and made it look sooo much better, but you are right about the boys and jr mens, very impressive
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-06-2007, 5:27 PM Reply   
Thanks Robyn you saved me a long post. What she said!!!
Old     (goatroper222000)      Join Date: Dec 2006       04-07-2007, 3:12 PM Reply   
On comcast high def. they got a channal called InHD. They got a show called airtime that has extreme sports. they showed the worlds and it was great.