Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-06-2007, 8:29 AM Reply   
My new equalizer is supposed to be delivered soon, and I was wondering if I need a fuse for the power wire. Also, is there anything else I should be aware of? If it helps, I am getting the Soundtream MPQ-6X0 equalizer and I have a 4 channel amp powering 4 tower speakers and 4 cabin speakers, and an amp for the sub.
Old     (nauty_tique)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-06-2007, 12:11 PM Reply   
Hey, I'm in the same boat, mine should be here soon as well. Yea you should fuse power wire, all the rest should be straight forward. Does this model have the aux. inputs?
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-06-2007, 12:38 PM Reply   
Yes, it does have the aux inputs. I picked it up for $100 shipped. As far as the fuse, what type of setup do you recommend?
Old     (josnow1)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-06-2007, 4:24 PM Reply   
The wiring harness that comes with the EQ will probably have an in-line fuse already on the power lead.
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-06-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
Thanks JoJo, that's what I was hoping.
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-07-2007, 5:32 AM Reply   
No it wont. I just bought a Soundstream MPQ-6XO. It does, however, have what looks like an isolated power thingamabob on the power cable. The screws on that are what you hook the power supply to. They are really not big screws so I'm guessing this thing does not draw a lot of power. There are three screws. 1 of them is for remote turn on. I'll be installing soon.
Old     (nauty_tique)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-07-2007, 6:24 AM Reply   
Cool deal, the aux inputs are killer, can hook up ipod or mp3 with ease. On the fuse I would use an inline ATC fuse holder, but can really use any style. The owners man. will likely tell you what size fuse to use, maybe a 15 or 20?
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-10-2007, 10:04 AM Reply   
Just a little note on this thread... I am on my second Soundstream MPQ4XO, if I were to do it over again I would probably go with the PPI or the ARC Eq not the Soundstream. Clarion makes a decent little unit too. The Soundstream's don't seem to hold up that well in the marine environment.