Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (sanger4life)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-25-2007, 5:00 PM Reply   
I am somewhat new to the sport and want to get a new board but not sure what to buy. I am 5'11 215. What would be the best board for me? I learn fast.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-25-2007, 5:06 PM Reply   
For beginners I recommend a board with molded side fins, i think they are the single greatest invention ever. Plus they allow you to progress and eventually remove the middle fins at your leisure. At your weight I'd get a board over 140 CM. Also most of the beginner boards are pro boards from a couple years back so don't worry about advancing too fast, heck CWB rider Andrew Adkison rode a pro event in Singapore using the most beginner board in the line-up, he also won his heat. Have fun & welcome to the brother(& sister)hood that is wakeboarding!
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       01-25-2007, 9:11 PM Reply   
Check out the WW Board Wizard for some ideas...
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-26-2007, 6:50 AM Reply   
da moose!!!!!!! enough said.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-26-2007, 8:27 AM Reply   
CWB Kink or Pure. Both are previous pro models priced for entry level. I rode the kink shape for years.
Old     (hemihauler)      Join Date: Jan 2006       01-26-2007, 8:38 AM Reply   
I started last year on a CWB Factor 144, based on the tattoo shape. It was a great beginner board. I am about your same size and the board rode high in the water and with the center fins out it allows you to progress quickly.