Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 21, 2007

Old     (dgoulet)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-23-2007, 3:13 PM Reply   
I am new to wakeboarding and I am about to buy a board and bindings. This might sound really dumb to a lot of people, but I was wondering if bindings will fit on all brands of boards? Also, what board do you recommend if I am looking for a pro-level board that will still be somewhat forgiving, so that I don't catch an edge everytime I make a false move. And what do you guys think the best bindings are on the market?
thanks and sorry for the stupid questions
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-23-2007, 4:36 PM Reply   
Bindings:Ronix cells, CWB zeus, LF watsons, Ronix ones, CWB fuse, LF shanes, Hyperlite 3ds

Board: Hyperlite 3ds

Most bindings fit on most boards sometimes you may need a washer because the screws may be too long. The new slingshot wakeboards look very nice too me with the flex in the board but they have a 4 hole pattern so for the slingshot wakeboards you either have to get the slingshot bindings or get hyperlite, or obriens and get them with extra claws.(the claw is a system that hyperlite uses for theyre bindings)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-23-2007, 4:54 PM Reply   
A lot of the pro model boards are forgiving and easy to ride. Look at the CWB Marius, CWB Absolute and the CWB Transcend.

The Pure and Kink are retired pro models that are now used on entry level boards. They're still pro molds, but now priced much lower.

I would also recommend any of Shaun Murrays pro models with the exception of his current board. The earlier Temets and Belmonts are ALL great boards.
Old     (westerdude)      Join Date: Nov 2006       01-23-2007, 5:00 PM Reply   
If you are new you really shouldnt go straight to a pro model board... I would say check out the Ronix vault it is a great board that will ride somewhat like a pro mdel be will be really forgiving for a beginer its set up so that it is toeside friendly becuse the toeside and heelside edges are different.... for bingings i would say any Ronix bindings are good verry comfertable...
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-23-2007, 5:02 PM Reply   
If you think that is a stupid question, then you haven't read this board very long and seem some of the other stuff people (probably including myself) put on here :-)

I started a few years back on a cheap hobie board that i bought in some marina shop. Upgraded to the Watson when it came out and loved it. That is a great board and i am still a beginner I'd say. I rarely caught an edge on that board.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-23-2007, 5:41 PM Reply   
I really like the new CWB Faction Bindings, for a board I can't help you, I've only tried the one I own.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       01-23-2007, 5:52 PM Reply   
"there's no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people."

--Mr. Garison South Park--
Old     (intotheflats)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-23-2007, 5:56 PM Reply   
for a board i would also recommend the ronix vault or hyperlite state because like jordan said they both have different toeside and heelside edges which will help your toeside edge

as for bindings, i would say look at any of the top companies (hyperlite, liquid force, cwb, obrien...) and just make sure they are not adjustable or one size fits all. the best will be ones that are sizes specifically for your feet. if possible try on as many as you can