Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-20-2006, 3:54 PM Reply   
I'm going to go ahead and pick up a couple of new wake DVDs, one of which is going to be Innuendo since I like AVE's videos so much.

What is your recommendation for my 2nd dvd? I was thinking "Such is Life" or "Snafu" but I'm open for suggestions. I'd like to see Ben Greenwood and Lyman if possible. So what are your current favorites?

thanks.
Old     (integrity640)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-20-2006, 4:03 PM Reply   
Hey david, i loved "such is life" because its not just wakeboarding, its so much more.. and the riding is pretty badass..great soundtrack 2. Buy counterfeit this has to be by far the best video ever made. The songs perfectly match the riding, and awesome cinematic angles. it makes you feel like your right there. Chad sharpe's part is just plain sick. Parks and danny have a rowdy section as well.. I mean i have no favorite because they're all by far the best sections ever.
Old     (big_xstar)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-20-2006, 4:18 PM Reply   
Relentless for Greenwood section is sweet and
yea Counterfeit This is a great vid too.
DS2 I have not seen yet but have heard nothing but great things about it.
Old     (deltawakerider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-20-2006, 4:49 PM Reply   
such is life...projects section...
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-20-2006, 4:56 PM Reply   
Butter Effect and Pre-Pop are both good vids.
Old     (nickdakoolkat)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-20-2006, 5:07 PM Reply   
I give my vote to DS2 as my favorite wake dvd to date. It perfectly embodies the westcoast style that i love so much. I have this on my Ipod and I watch it all the time when i get breaks at school. (or when my professors bore me)
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-20-2006, 5:16 PM Reply   
Counterfeit this was a great video for riding. Editing(most parts) and film wise it was terrible.
Old     (hotsauce3606)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-20-2006, 7:34 PM Reply   
I actually hated snafu the first couple times I saw it, but it has definitely grown on me. Lyman's section is sick and so is the old dudes (forgot his name), but some of the sections are pretty boring. Counterfeit This is the best all around vid I've seen. Grubb's session is most $$$$ session out and I'm not even that into wake skating. Def pick it up. Editing makes all others look like they were filmed with a cell phone
Old    walt            09-20-2006, 7:42 PM Reply   
Not in any specific order.

DS2
Such is Life
Prepop
Relentless
Butter effect
Are all great and don't forget Chick flick will be out in the near future.
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-20-2006, 7:48 PM Reply   
Well, I've got most of those named above, so I went with Innuendo and Such Is Life. Hopefully I won't be dissappointed.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hey - does anyone know when "The Truth" is coming out? The Chick Flick and The Truth are the ones I'm most looking forward to (besides Innuendo).
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-20-2006, 8:01 PM Reply   
Ill be the first to say it, SNAFU rocks because the wakeboardnebraska guys are truly indy, passionate, and dedicated.

Plus its a fun fun movie....

Pick it up just to support these guys IMO.
Old    walt            09-20-2006, 8:35 PM Reply   
Ben Greenwood has a cool section in Such is life but it's to short. I'd say that Gerry Nunn's part is the best in the video.

Danny Hampsons section is also great.

Is that Danny's Mom in the beginning of his section ? Hey Danny Your Mom is HOT ! Hows that kid doing anyways ? Get well soon !
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-20-2006, 8:55 PM Reply   
I know its not out yet, but Im sure The Chick Flick is going to be my fave vid!
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-20-2006, 9:56 PM Reply   
Good Times (northwest film with some crazy rail stunts & SOB's KGB 540 off the wake)
DS2
Butter Effect
Bent Felix
Counterfit This
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-20-2006, 10:06 PM Reply   
i thought "good times" was a lot of fun to watch! i saw "bent felix" at the reno tour stop...really good stuff!