Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old    jrss13            08-17-2006, 11:28 AM Reply   
I am debating between these two handles. I've read a lot of reviews raving about each of them. A lot of the comments on the Premier are for the 2005 and older handles. What is different about the white and black 2006 model? Is it as good as the previous ones? I unfortunately do not have a shop around here that sells either handle...but from what I've read, they are two of the better handles that are non carbon.
Thanks
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-17-2006, 11:41 AM Reply   
I have an '06 Premier handle. Super nice and comfy....durability gets an F-. Had it about 3 weeks, the covering on the handle is all ripped up....I sent it back for another, or something similar. I doubt they all rip, just mine did.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-17-2006, 11:55 AM Reply   
the 06' premieres tear up really easy. Go LG, I have heard great things, and will be ordering one myself.
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-17-2006, 1:37 PM Reply   
We have had 2 '06 Premier handles both have torn up after 2 sets. I second the F-
Old    wakejjboard12            08-17-2006, 1:44 PM Reply   
'06 murray same thing... 2 weeks and the grip fell apart
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       08-17-2006, 1:44 PM Reply   
I had an LG that got messed up. It was a known problem at CWB and the new ones are supposed to be fixed. I called Proline and they sent me a new one. I am very happy with my lg1 and Proline's service.
Old     (mr_incredible)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-17-2006, 1:46 PM Reply   
yeah id go with the LG have never used the premier handel but i love my LG and have had it for about a year now and for riding just about every day and everyone using it, its holding up great.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-17-2006, 2:17 PM Reply   
yeah, apparently there were some problems with the early LG's. I've had mine for a couple months now without any problems. They don't float though, so something to keep in mind. If you get the one with the wrap handle it has integrated floats.

I used to have Premiers that I never had trouble with, but haven't used the new ones, yet.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-17-2006, 3:07 PM Reply   
I believe all the new LG handles will float, I've seen one bend while two riders attempted to get up on the same board.. it never happended with my '04 Premier. The 2005 and older Premier handles will always be my handle of choice but the LG, and other Proline handles i've had, all felt great. One of those things where I doubt you'd not like any of them but only riding them will tell.
Old     (sammm724centurion)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-17-2006, 8:33 PM Reply   
PREMIER HANDLE---
I have the new one and I love it. Feels great and less filling!
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-18-2006, 2:12 AM Reply   
Have a 3 year old Premier... Love it.
Old     (drewdown)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-18-2006, 6:26 AM Reply   
06 premier that got all tore up as well. AFter a couple weeks of use. I am using LF team now and I like it.
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-18-2006, 7:07 AM Reply   
I have an older Premiere that I liked and a new LG1 that I love. I had to have mine replaced as they fixed a flaw and it is holding up very well. Evan mentioned they sink - mines practically an anchor when the handle fills with water (only the LG1 as the 2 and 3 have floats on the handle). I just filled it with spray in foam from Home Depot last night (the inner handle tube) and will check to see if that fixes it - should do the trick.

That foam stuff is stickier than heck...don't get it on your clothes!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-18-2006, 7:15 AM Reply   
I told you that I would give you the foam I bought Froese! How did you get it past that reinforced bar on the inside of the handle? I filled those rubber caps but I couldn't get much into the handle myself. We need to try mine as well tomorrow. Yep...I got that stuff everywhere!
Old     (froese)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-18-2006, 7:32 AM Reply   
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I actually ended up having some lying around from working on the Cajun. The can I got came with a smallish plastic extension tube that I was able to shove past the reinforecment bar into the tube. Getting it into the tube didn't stop me from getting the gunk all over, though. I finally got it to spray down inside and I think I got it pretty full...we'll see if it drags bottom tomorrow!

I created a new pair of kahki work shorts in the process...
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-21-2006, 11:37 AM Reply   
Does it float now Jerram?

My spray in foam worked for a couple of sets but then the handle began to sink again.