Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 01, 2004

Old     (jadadio)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-13-2004, 9:04 PM Reply   
I've never tried wakeboarding, but I have always wanted to. None of my friends have any interest in doing something like this with me, so I always end up trying new stuff solo. Is there anyone else that's been able to learn when only depending on total strangers to teach them?
Old    xtremebordgurl            04-13-2004, 9:18 PM Reply   
yea, I don't have any close friends that ride, if anything I introduced them all to wakeboarding. Its defenitly doable. Also WakeWorld is a great support group so if you need help advice or get frustrated along the way there is a good group of people here to help you out. I know WW has helped me a TON. Don't let anyone else hold you back.. Go for it. PLus you being from the west coast I'm sure there are people on here willing to give you a pull if you need it. I'm from Maine and if I can do it, anyone can. Good luck and most importantly have fun!
Old     (jadadio)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-13-2004, 9:21 PM Reply   
I'm sure I could find people willing to give me a pull... but I know nothing really about the sport other than I want to try it. They'd have to be pretty patient to teach me from the very beginnings of it, ha!
Old    buttacup            04-13-2004, 10:54 PM Reply   
Post in find a third forum. Explain your situation and that you will help with gas $, cleaning the boat after in exchange for a lesson. Or search through previous posts and there are some really good riders on here that give lessons. You'll be hooked in no time.
Old     (cas)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-13-2004, 11:20 PM Reply   
Hey Jason!

Buy the "Higher education" dvd. It is a great educational film, also for beginners. It will give you a lot off theories and understanding off the fundamentals of wakeboarding. And if you should end up being hooked, it contains tricks all the way to pro level . You can buy it on bumpfilms.com. Good luck and have a great summer.
Old     (ryin)      Join Date: May 2002       04-14-2004, 8:45 AM Reply   
ya man, im alone with wakeboarding, i had to teach myself. At least you could find someone to pull you, thats a major plus, i usually have to explain what wakeboarding is to most people. I say subscribe to wakeboarding mag and read it a lot, post any questions you have on wakeworld, and fiend some people that will give you a pull.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-14-2004, 9:36 AM Reply   
Exactly, i'm from nebraska and had barely heard of wakeboarding when we bought a new boat and it came with an old hyperlite evolve with sandals. Hooked in no time, i've had to teach myself everything, probably why i progress so slow , but i'll live, Just try it out and practice practice practice
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-14-2004, 9:38 AM Reply   
I taught myself. I did watch a video or two beforehand but had only myself and a board that had no fins to start, boy was that first ride when i got up slick.

Old    xtremebordgurl            04-14-2004, 10:52 AM Reply   
Jason if you're feel'n out of the loop with the sport and have any questions give me a call I'd luv to chat it up with you, I just sent you an e-mail. Also, as said before Wakeworld is an awesome support group.
Old     (jadadio)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-16-2004, 1:30 PM Reply   
Thanks, I already can tell how helpful everyone is. Thanks for the suggestions... I'll just try and get started somehow and you'll probably see me back with more questions soon, ha!

Jason
Old    hoochieman89            04-18-2004, 9:32 AM Reply   
I watched my cousins ride one time up in Washington then I came home bought a board and bindings (ultra suctioin Search 135) went out behind my fishing boat and have taught myself everything. After learning w2w and w2w 180's I went to camp TSR and they taught me sliders, and I was working on tantrums but I had to go home and my wake is too small for flips. Although I have learned HS 3's behind it