Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old     (reddig82)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-17-2008, 1:14 PM Reply   
I was just wanting to get some different opinions for boat waxes. I have tried several different kinds but have not been "sold" on any one particular product yet. I know you guys all have preferences. So lets hear them. Pros and Cons. Maybe I can find one I will truly be happy with.
Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-17-2008, 1:59 PM Reply   
Most will say that zano (spelling?) is pretty good, but I've used meguires (for boats) with good results.
Old     (billhall)      Join Date: Jun 2006       04-17-2008, 2:02 PM Reply   
I own a boat dealership and i'm biased towards Meguir's products but that also may be because we get them at cost hehe
After acid wash, we use the one step wax/cleaner with a waxing pad and that works great. You can get it in liquid or paste. You can also use a electric buffer with the liquid if you know what your doing.
Meguir’s has a couple different grades of wax. The ‘Flagship’ is the best for the boat/RV and I would recommend it if you want a great, long lasting shine and protection. I haven’t used a lot of other products so take my opinion for what it’s worth.
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-17-2008, 4:29 PM Reply   
I got a bottle of wax from the guy that cleans our planes at work. Not sure what kind it was 'cause he just poured me some into a smaller bottle. He said it's teflon based though so if you can try to find something along those lines. I can ask what the actual brand is but I'm not sure if it's something that'd be available at a retail store.
Old     (holms)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-17-2008, 6:50 PM Reply   
Meguiar's #21 synthetic sealant 2.0
Meguiar's #135 synthetic spray detailer
holms
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-18-2008, 10:43 AM Reply   
Use starbrite with teflon. the best stuff out there