Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-09-2005, 12:37 AM Reply   
We have been playing with the weighting and have gotton a good weighting but I think it can be better, this is what we have and then you malibu owners tell me what you have so we can compare.
Factory ballast full hard tanks, in the bow 140 each side and 85 in the nose
600 in the walk through and 350 on each side of the engine.
The wake is nice just under knee high and solid as my boys X, with three in the boat its normal width but anymore over 5 and it gets wide. The transition is perfect not to steep and it bucks you it gets a lip only when you have more than five people in it. What do you think?
ITCH

Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       09-09-2005, 9:27 AM Reply   
I got my weighting dialed from a few other WW folks. Saved me the trial and error.

Here is my set up: Stock MLS filled, wedge down plus some lead. The numbers work out to about 480 per side in the rear and about 630 in the front… plus the “weight” of the wedge. (I think they claim 700) I also have about 80lbs of lead used under the seat or behind the drivers seat for balancing the wake…. 2300ish total. Usually 4 peeps in the boat max.

Looks to me like you have 765 in the 600 per side in the rear plus 600 in the walk through….? Does that 600 in the walkthrough include the mls center ballast too? I can’t imagine how you could get 600 to fit in the narrow walkway otherwise.
Do you run with the wedge down too?
Old     (fullonsalesgrp)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-10-2005, 5:02 AM Reply   
No wedge
The walk through is a 600 lb fat sac. I was corrected today it maybe has 400 pounds in it because it is squeezed in. All mls is full. I don't really want to add more weight I should maybe just move it around an ride for the day to see if I like it.
itch
What is the rule weight in back steeper wider?
Weight in front smoother stiffer?
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       09-10-2005, 10:02 AM Reply   
If you are not running the wedge… the wake should be pretty dialed with your set up as it is… possibly need to shift people a bit to balance it is all.

More weight in the rear will add some vert to the wake. More weight in the front will be a bit more rampy.

I don’t think you can squeeze quite 400 out of the bag in the walk through. If you do want to experiment a bit… lay the bag sideways in the bow and fill it all the way.

Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-10-2005, 4:07 PM Reply   
I think you should ride farther back..probably 10 feet or so
Old     (board22)      Join Date: May 2005       09-11-2005, 8:29 AM Reply   
hey im with clinton ride farther back just look at the wake in the pic
Old     (sdub)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-12-2005, 7:41 AM Reply   
I was thinking the exact same thing....another 10.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-12-2005, 8:28 AM Reply   
Wow! Looks nothing like my stock wake. Pictures never do justice on the web though. I am sure it is better than it looks.

Here is what I usually do:

Full MLS (1250 lbs). I have 400 in lead. I usually put about 250 of it in the walk-through, and the rest under the rear corner seats. MOST of the time, this is how we ride, and it is a really nice wake. It looks much larger and nicer than your pic anyway. On occasion I will drop the wedge for riders who want a bit more vert pop, but they usually say they like it the way it is. Twice I have moved all the lead to the walk-through, and filled a 400 lb sack on each side of the v-drive. Smokin wake, although I am plenty happy w/o going that big (being an old fart, and all). I usually have anywhere from 3-8 persons in the boat.
Old    deltahoosier            09-12-2005, 11:40 AM Reply   
see Malibu Wedge thread for my setup and wake pict.