Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 01, 2004

Old    tjgramlich            03-30-2004, 7:07 PM Reply   
Hi. I have a set of 04 Ultra Suctions. When I first got them they were crazy tight, even after the bathtub trick. So I let them sit for a few days with a couple of beer bottles in them. Now after that they seem a little to loose in the ankle area!!
My question is has anyone adjusted these bindings (overlays) and if so was it easy? I've done a few searches and it seems some people have had trouble puting there bindings back together, but haven't found any info on the ultras ('04) Thanks
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-30-2004, 7:49 PM Reply   
I adjusted the crap out of my '03 Ultras. Just know what you're getting into before you do it. It's not just take the screws out and move the overlay down. There are some certain tricks to it. The worst thing you can do is take them apart then let them sit. If you do that then the material that was mashed down from being screwed together will expand and then you will never get them back together. It can be done but it is considered a mission in itself.
Old    buttacup            03-30-2004, 9:28 PM Reply   
It's certainly a mission alright. I had a pair of Ultra sucs and took them to a local board shop to get the back part adjusted, took the poor guy an hour to just one done. he was sweating bullets!
Old    sbvfive            03-30-2004, 9:33 PM Reply   
It can be done....but like Thane and Lynsey said it is a hassle. It isn't impossible, but be prepared...it is frustrating. Try and do it 1 step at a time so you don't end up with a jumbled mess.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-31-2004, 7:31 AM Reply   
I adjusted mine. But I still hate them.
Old    cws_kahuna            03-31-2004, 7:59 AM Reply   
I had my friendly neighbor help me adjust mine last year. It is a pain to do but I think there is a trick to it. We had several small screw drivers to help line things up, placing them through the binding plate and rubber overlay holes. It still took a while but I think we got them both done in like an hour.
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-31-2004, 8:10 AM Reply   
I adjusted my 03 ultra sucs. I was worried going in because I have tried this with other bindings in the past but these were a sinch. It took me maybe 5-10 minutes on my first try. Piece of cake.
Old    tjgramlich            03-31-2004, 8:48 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info guys. I think i'll call my local board shop and ask them how long it would take them to do it and how much they charge for it. If its a bunch of money then I'll give it a try myself.
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-31-2004, 3:43 PM Reply   
Yeah, first time I did it took a while - but once you get used to it it's super easy.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-31-2004, 7:46 PM Reply   
Jonathan - were you loosening or tightening them. Loosening them is a piece of cake. Tightening them is what takes skeeeeeeillls.
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       04-01-2004, 3:24 PM Reply   
I do believe I was loosening them and any monkey could do it. Maybe it is harder the other way. But I would never have to take it to a shop to adjust, would I?
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-01-2004, 4:30 PM Reply   
I don't really understand. I've adjusted 6 or 7 different bindings a couple of times each. 01 and 03 Ultras, 02 and 03 parks, 02 belmonts, 01 splits, and some old 1942 bindings. None of them were real hard. I've had a little trouble a couple of times, but nothing really hard. But then again i got some serious skeeeeeillls!
Old     (blueplastic)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-02-2004, 11:45 PM Reply   
My friend and I must have been up till 3 in the morning the night we expanded the 03' ultras by one notch. He started getting really vulgar and uttering random profanities around 2.
Old    clean_boarder            04-09-2004, 3:55 PM Reply   
I bought some 03 ultas, i am a size 8.5 shoe and i got medium bindings(7-9, i believe) and i expanded them almost all the way, pain in the rear. And they still cramp my foot after 15 minutes in them.
So i bought some Exo's