Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (raftisland)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-20-2007, 9:02 PM Reply   
i dont have a proshop near me so i want to do it myself. anyone have any tips?
Old     (cpetersen)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-20-2007, 9:45 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/500636.html?1190067090
Old     (jermiside)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-21-2007, 7:42 AM Reply   
I'd like to hear how they perform without the heat molding. Take a few sets in them for us without molding them. I was in a shop and they didn't have a cooker. They demo boots and said the boots ride the same without the heat molding. Not sure what to believe. Let us know if you think there is a difference.
Old    elicitwake            09-21-2007, 8:26 AM Reply   
Hair Dryer
Old     (protag)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-21-2007, 8:27 AM Reply   
Well, the performance is generally the same. The molding increases the comfort level and not the performance level. At least not directly, of course, if you feel more comfortable in your boots, then potentially your performance might increase indirectly.
Old     (jermiside)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-21-2007, 11:20 AM Reply   
So it isn't necessary to heat mold your boots. All it would take it is set in arizona and bada bing your molded!
Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-21-2007, 2:53 PM Reply   
i didnt have a board shop near me. i took it to a snowboard shop instead. he used the burton heat molder. worked perfect.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-22-2007, 12:25 AM Reply   
i dont understand heat molding wakeboard boots. i own a shop. we heatmold a ton of boots all winter long. i have ridden intuition liners for over 10 years. at most you get 2-3 good molds from a liner before it starts to break down.

when your board sits on the dock or in the racks on your boat..... lets say on a plus 30*c day or approx 80*f......... you would be re-molding your liners almost everyday on the water.....

just a thought.

ohh and dont use your oven or a hairdryer.... it voids the intuition warranty. usea heatstack or an intuition oven.
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-22-2007, 8:43 AM Reply   
I haven't heat molded my One's and they seem to work fine. I also have never molded my snowboard boots and have never had any comfort issues there.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-22-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
I am on my second pair of cells. First was heat lined, the second wasnt. At first ride I actually like the non heat lined better. It seemed much "cushier" and softer than the molded version. They both feel pretty much identical once broken in though.
Old     (jermiside)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-22-2007, 2:46 PM Reply   
SO again, really you dont have to heat mold the Ronix boots? Adam makes some very valid points. Intuition liners can only be molded 3-4 times, them they break down, jepordising the fit/comfort/performance. In snow it makes since, liners stay cold/cool. Your feet only warm them to 98.7 degrees. The wake environment is completely different. Hot as H*ll.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-23-2007, 12:15 AM Reply   
i would just ride them as is out of the box. same with the lf bindings.....
Old     (rkitz44)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-27-2007, 2:13 PM Reply   
Definatley heat mold them, I've reheated my cell 3 times and each time it's like I got a new pair of bindings. They stretch a little from constant use like every other binding I have ridden. But the good thing is reheat and they are like new again. Had them since March