Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       01-09-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
This is pretty much my first day shooting real riding w/my 20D and 18-55 lens. Second day on the snow with it. Can't wait to get a 70-200 F/4! I need to figure out the exposure thing better and white balance. It was nuking all day long w/zero light, we had a few feet of fresh. Went out w/a few pro shreds along w/a "real" photographer. Did the best I could while trying to stay out of the real photographers way.

Critique away.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-09-2008, 7:58 PM Reply   
that pic is awesome!
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       01-09-2008, 8:07 PM Reply   
yea, I should probably upload the pics. Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-09-2008, 8:11 PM Reply   
NICE JAY!!!!

I look forward to the rest of the years production.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       01-09-2008, 8:18 PM Reply   
looks good jay. exposure looks realy good while the focus looks a little off
Old     (cmawsr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-09-2008, 8:32 PM Reply   
Jay, my biggest crit would be the subject is centered in each shot. The light is drab also, but that's not something you have to much control of. Try to learn the rule of thirds and place your subject in the frame that better tells the story. I really like the second shot. Also, your to wide on the first and second, but until you get that tele there ain't much you can do except try to get closer.
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       01-09-2008, 9:05 PM Reply   
Yeah, I've read about the thirds thing. I'm having some issues trying to figure out how to follow the rider and figuring out the auto focus when they are not in the center. The first pic is actually in focus it just looks crappy reduced.

Should I use one of the autofocus points off the side to focus in the rider? I've been following the rider and taking the pic or just focusing in one spot and waiting for them to get there.

Thanks for the tips.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       01-10-2008, 3:09 AM Reply   
exactly manually set the focus point to the side. personally i think your fine on the thirds but need more zoom except for the drop pic which looks awesome wide but maybe crop it in just a little bit more
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       01-10-2008, 4:53 PM Reply   
Just ordered the Canon 70-200 F/4 L. I bought a floor demo one from Adorama for a $520, it seems to be an average price for used ones. Hopefully I'll get it early next week. This photography thing is addictive!
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       01-10-2008, 5:53 PM Reply   
nice you'll love that lense i have the same one. nice to know 520 is the going price for a used one i payed 550 for mine brand new guess people were right about the low depreciation rate of the l series lenses