Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 17, 2003

Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-07-2003, 10:18 AM Reply   
Guys need some help about boardracks. My brother and I bought a Nautique with 2001 FCT. We are still hesitating about the boardracks. Nverts looks very nice. Heard last year some good things about them. But how are they (after a year on the market) now realy? We have got a nice deal and I like the construction. Our should we stay away from them and take the standard Clips or something else?
I've heard that the Nverts was an option on 2004 Nautique's, but Nautique decided not to over them for 2004. What's the story behind it?

Thanks Tommy

O, I did a search, but all the posts are from last year and nobody had the racks for longer then 2 weeks...
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-07-2003, 10:43 AM Reply   
From what I've heard, the reason Correct Craft dropped Nvert for their 2004 accessories was a concern that Nvert wouldn't be able to meet the quantity demand for the product. I do not think it was for a lack of quality......
Old     (switch)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-07-2003, 11:03 AM Reply   
From what I know about Nvert racks. The rep told me that Nvert would take back the racks in the down time (winter) and put all the new upgrades on the racks for no extra charge, I have yet to see one of our customers use this option. On the flip side they say you can mount the racks down and it will hold, I done this and it is not ture, the board will come down as soon as you hit a double-up, or large wake. They have fixed on of the problems already, the rubber was moving around you always had to put it back before you put your board back. One nice thing you can put your Inland Surfer in the rack. I also seems like the racks could be a little tighter when it clamps the board, too much movement.

I would say that Nvert racks are getting better with time, and I would use them on my boat.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-07-2003, 11:16 AM Reply   
Skylon Batracks.
Old     (mac_attack)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-07-2003, 12:20 PM Reply   
Clips mark up your board and are a pain to use the straps when there are two boards.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-07-2003, 1:45 PM Reply   
I love my clips. Don't mark up boards at all as long as mounted correctly. Mac, do you have yours mounted straight up and down instead of at 90 degrees following the forward lean of the tower cross bar? (The local CC dealer installs them the "wrong" way not following the tower angle, which makes the boards sit at an angle on the very ends of the rubber pads which they will chew and pretty quickly get beat up.)

Also love the fact that the clips don't stick out from tower more than necessary. Bungees are fine once you get used to not drop them in between the boards. And seems to me that for a rack that gets wet all the time, unnecessary moving part are not the way to go.
Old     (planetnautique)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-07-2003, 2:12 PM Reply   
One thing to keep in mind is that with the Flight Clips, holes are drilled in the tower so that they can be mounted. NVert (and others) do not require drilling.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-07-2003, 4:07 PM Reply   
i have nverts, the rubber came off, fell in the water while i was taking my board out. also, they won't shut all the way, a couple of people have hurt themselves trying to shut them. i was told they would send me a new (upgraded) set, but i'm going on two months without them now, have checked back roughly 5 times for the status. i'm asking for a refund at this point. i guess you could say that my recommendation would be no..
Old     (switch)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-07-2003, 4:18 PM Reply   
Tommy G,
Sounds like you got one of the 1st pair of Nverts. Like I said they have fixed the problem with the rubber. Did you talk with Brain at Nvert if not let me know, he is the guy to get sh-t done. Everytime I needed something new or fixed from Nvert I just talked to Brian and got it done, mybe cause I buy a few more than the norm.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-07-2003, 4:26 PM Reply   
i talked to jim, and have sent at least 5 e-mails. still no racks. i was told on 9/23 that new racks would be sent. still nothing. i'd just like my money back at this point quite frankly, that's what i asked for in the e-mail i sent this morning, but no response. i took the racks off, they won't even shut all the way.
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-07-2003, 6:22 PM Reply   
For 2004 Correct Craft will be offering their Flight Clips as part of their normal board rack options but, they will be clamped. I've personally put a pair on.
Must say that with the clamps, boardracks are in the same location as the previous years, the boards are held out about an inch more which now the boards don't bang up against the front tower legs.

Chris
Get the grip you deserve
www.wakejunky.com

Also for sale; Nautique Jump seat
http://nautique.webkitchen.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=107
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       11-07-2003, 6:50 PM Reply   
I've had the nverts for a few months now and have no complaints. I must have the new version. I have a big bimini so I like the fact that I don't have to reach around for the bungee. I'd recommend them. I know they're having supply problems right now but hopefully they'll work it out.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-08-2003, 2:37 AM Reply   
Thanks guys!
I'll check with the dealer that I'll get the newest version. I like the contruction of the Nverts and I'll give it a try!

Tommy
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-08-2003, 7:06 AM Reply   
nverts are cool but you can pinck your finger on the sharp edge while locking them down and then you bleed. i know from experience.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-08-2003, 9:56 AM Reply   
Tommy good luck. i hope for your sake that you don't need customer assistance...