Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (wakeecliptict863)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-28-2007, 4:23 PM Reply   
So I see all these things about which boat do you like the best. Well I own a 05 x-2 which is now a x-1 all good nice clean boat I take care of it and it runs good, when the lakes are not low..
But I'm thinking of a upgrade and this post will give me all kinds of ideas what people like in a Mastercraft and which one is the best out of the xseries.
So this is the question out of all the boats that M.C makes which one is the best. For wakeboarding. Example X-2 Basic, Xstar usually only pros get them but would xstar be better then x-2 and then theres the x-45 what do you all think about that big beast. and the x-80 is just a czy boat on steroids lol
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-28-2007, 4:33 PM Reply   
If you already have an X-2, you already have one of the best wakeboard boats ever made. We put 500# each side in rear, 500# in locker, 500# in walkway, in my friends X-2 and it's one of the best wakes on the planet. Keep what you have and save the cash!
Old     (mred)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-28-2007, 4:47 PM Reply   
you already have a great boat unless you need more room id keep what you have.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       11-28-2007, 5:36 PM Reply   
I have an X-star (2005) and my friend has as X-1. Both great wakes, similar shape, X-star wakes are a bit wider and larger. If you want more room for friends, the X-star is nice for that. The 400hp LY6 is a great engine from what everyone says.

Go to www.tmcowners.com for more MC opinions on the other models. X-2's are sweet boats, post some pics.
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-28-2007, 6:54 PM Reply   
the x star and the x 2 wake shape is very similar, the x 2 is just a tad bit smaller, i love the shape of the wake that both of those boats put out, the x 45 on the other hand has the best surf wake, but i didnt like it all that much for wakeboarding, i didnt think it had that great of shape, the x 30 would be up there with the x star and x 2 for shape, i wouldnt change anything about that boat its bomb
Old     (x45er)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-28-2007, 7:47 PM Reply   
I just bought the x-45. The biggest seller was the space. It also has some conveniences that are nice, such as the anchor locker and ladder up front. These are options which are available on the xstar and x-45, but not x-2. I like the bow area better in the x-45 and the x-star as well. I'm pretty new to the sport so I don't have enough experience to accurately comment on the wake differences. From what I've read and researched on wakes you I've never read any complaints about the x-2 or x-star. For me, if space wasn't an issue, I would have gone for the x-2. Concerning cost.....not much difference between the xstar and the x-45. My 2 cents.....
Old     (wakeecliptict863)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-28-2007, 8:50 PM Reply   
Thank you for all the input this helps anybody thats looking for a good boat and Mastercraft does make a good boat. And I can say that because I have owned a x-1 for past 2 years and have had lots of fun on it and it has held up to a lot of stuff even with little water it still runs like a champ so I'm sticking with Mastercraft.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-28-2007, 9:35 PM Reply   
Don't count out the X-15. It looks like you really like the picklefork but the x15 is an awesome boat. It doesn't get mentioned on here to often but it has more room than the Xstar, is cheaper than the xstar, throws a great wakebaord and surf wake and is quite a bit cheaper than the Xstar when equipped the same. It looks like the the MC dealer in winterhaven even has a couple 2007 X15's left that you should be able to get on closeout and save yourself some money. No matter what MC you get if it is a 2007 or 2008 and plan on getting tower speakers I would suggest getting the tower braces to stiffen up the tower.
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-29-2007, 11:19 AM Reply   
The only complaint I have of the X2 wake would be the size for surfing. It sucks and you need to add a lot of weight to make it work for surfing. Other then that the X2 is a great boat and we have easily had 11 folks on board comfortably all day and everyone had a great time. Regardless of manufacturer make sure you have a good dealer that has a good rep. That in my opinion counts more than anything.

Also if I was buying today again I would seriously consider the X2 and X15. I trailer my boat everywhere so I can't get too big.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-29-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
I would ask the local dealer if you can demo different x series boats. He is a pretty cool guy I'm sure he will help you out.

is that better ww cops?
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-29-2007, 12:22 PM Reply   
FYI tower braces come on the 08 as there standard bandaid package if you have tower speakers.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-29-2007, 1:30 PM Reply   
Get the X-Star Paulie. IMO, there is no substitute...
Old     (aces6692)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-29-2007, 10:10 PM Reply   
the braces dont come standard on the x stars, they say since the tubing on the tower is thicker, that the towers will not need them