Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (thedocta)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-25-2006, 5:48 PM Reply   
I was in south haven all last week and started talking to a kid at the local boardshop who was all excited because his parents are putting in a cable park soon. He said they are ordering the parts and construction of it from germany and are looking for a location now. I don't know how long this stuff takes but he said it's definately going to happen in the next few years. BTW south haven is on lake michigan close to indiana.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-25-2006, 7:27 PM Reply   
Nice the midwest is doing it right, WI is getting one in a couple years at the Mastercraft Museum/Pleasent Prairie tournament lake complex.
Old     (thedocta)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-25-2006, 7:31 PM Reply   
sweet when is that one goin up?
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-26-2006, 9:25 AM Reply   
Congrats to yall!

I dont know anything about these people, but I do know the reason there are not more people building cable parks is due to lack of money and realestate.

Before I started to build ours, I heard tons of people saying they were bulding one, but they just couldnt find the right place.

I really do hope the guys in South Haven already have property or have some in mind...
And congratulations to all of you who will be near by!

Danny T.
www.OKCBoardShop.com
www.WakeboardOklahoma.com
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-26-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
i woulda thought the land,insurance and permits would be the first things i would get, not the other way around

but rock on if it still happens
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-26-2006, 9:54 AM Reply   
Jonny, your right.

It actually does go land, lake then you measure the outside of the lake out and send it to the Germany guys and they send you pricing and then they come out and build...

Danny T.
www.OKCBoardShop.com
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-27-2006, 3:24 PM Reply   
can anyone confrim this?
Old     (nclasen)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-30-2006, 9:42 AM Reply   
Is there one german company that does the design for these park systems? Are OWC and TSR running the same type systems does anyone know?
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-30-2006, 11:59 AM Reply   
How many months out of a year can you really use
one in these locations? WI,MI, 4 or 5 months.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-30-2006, 12:13 PM Reply   
Any new updates on the opening date of the OK park?
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-30-2006, 9:13 PM Reply   
We are hoping to open by October at the earliest...

Right now we have everything done that we can do and we are waiting on the Cable Constructors from Germany!

Danny T.
www.OKCBoardShop.com
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-31-2006, 6:45 AM Reply   
I hope you have heaters during the winter.
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-31-2006, 10:02 AM Reply   
In the southern parts of both states you can ride at least 8 months of the year, as long as you dont mind the cold water.

Unfortunately the one in wisconsin is going to be more north, but all the waterparks that are in wisconsin(wisconsin dells is the waterpark capitol of north america) seem to make it work, and they are in midstate!
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-31-2006, 12:00 PM Reply   
TSR is open all year except december and I ride every damn month it's open. If you don't fall you can coast to the shore and not even get wet.

Danny, did you guys put an island in the lake? I can't tell from the pics on your site. Is it full yet? That's a sweet pic of Josh Rice right below the "wake" on your website.
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-31-2006, 12:40 PM Reply   
In that picture the water is so sweet looking.

Actually we do not hve an island and we should be able to turn our wells on next week!

Danny T.
www.OKCBoardShop.com
Old    meyerb            08-31-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
Danny,

What is the name of the Cable company in Germany?
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-31-2006, 3:10 PM Reply   
Check out www.CableWakeboard.com for everything cable related, its a sweet site.

We have submitted our plans to Rixen and SeSeTech and we are now waiting on bids to comeback!

Danny T.
www.OKCBoardShop.com