Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 28, 2006

Old     (gharvin)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-16-2006, 9:25 AM Reply   
I am looking at buying a Supra 21v, or a Mobius Lsv. Both are brand new 06's. I took the wife to the boat show yesterday and I had my heart set on the Lsv, but she took a good liking to the Supra. Probably around a 6000 difference in price. Pro's Con's anyone????
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-16-2006, 10:00 AM Reply   
both great boats.... the 21V is going to win on fit and finish. Moomba is a little more "no frill", but is not lacking in quality or wake. Great boat and great price. I can speak for the 21V as we are getting ready for our second one. You will be happy with anything from Skiers Choice though.

(Message edited by tyler97217 on January 16, 2006)
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-16-2006, 10:35 AM Reply   
Pros - Make your woman happy. She will feel like you listened to her opinion and it will make her be more involved in all lake experiences.

Con - She gets over it and feels left out, the lake gets between you and all of a sudden its an issue. Avoid this situation!!
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-16-2006, 12:06 PM Reply   
Diggs...you are getting a DIFFERENT one then the BRAND NEW one you got last year?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-16-2006, 12:30 PM Reply   
gotta keep up with the jones'. also trying to keep up with h2obug..... ha ha
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-16-2006, 3:42 PM Reply   
selling or trading your current one?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-16-2006, 4:04 PM Reply   
selling... sorry midwesty and I are hijacking your post.... drop me an email midwesty.... still need to make my truck run like yours some day....
Old     (future)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-16-2006, 4:24 PM Reply   
Ya know I keep hearing things like the lsv doesn't have the fit and finish of other boats or that they don't have all the frills but I have to say that just is not the case. I have an 06 lsv and it is beautifully detailed and is a jaw dropper. It rides sweet and looks even sweeter espesially the little stuff from the dash to the paint .Not to mention the insane amount of storage. I don't know what people think that the others have that mine doesn't because from what I can see mine has everything that all the others do and some stuff they don't. Imo it looks better than anything else out there. People talk about cutting corners and it just aint so. If you spend 40+ on a boat there arent any corners being cut or any less time being spent on the building just my 2 cents
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-16-2006, 7:51 PM Reply   
Dan W,
I agree with you totally. I don't mean to use those words, but they just popped up. They definitely don't cut corners, but they don't add some of the flash like stainless, billet, swivel racks, different vinyl or backing, etc. I have seen your boat and yes it is a beauty....
Again, can't go wrong with either... just go with your heart and you won't regret the purchase of either one...
Old    kvanderg            01-17-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
I agree with Big Heavy... always try to invlove the wife in the boat/wakeboard thing. I spent too much time on the water last summer and she wasn't diggin it.

That and... NEVER refer to her as the "third"... she didn't like that either!

I ordered a 2006 21V.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-17-2006, 1:01 PM Reply   
With the new bigger and deeper hull on the LSV for 2006, I'd be interested to hear some wake comparisons of the 21V vs. LSV. Forget fit and finish, just pure wake quality. Also, you could also get the Moomba XLV for the same price as the Supra 21V or close. Just a thought, I love the XLV, it boots you soooo high!!! Smart move with Skier's Choice no matter what.
Old     (toesideturtle)      Join Date: Oct 2002       01-17-2006, 1:43 PM Reply   
Although I own a '05 Malibu VLX, I ride behind a Supra an equal amount of time. I have to say that I am very impressed with Supra. Second to my VLX, I would choose a 21v. I have no information on the Mobius---just a fan of Supra(and that's coming from a Malibu owner).
Old    the_skeptic            01-18-2006, 1:18 AM Reply   
Do you care about bling or just the killer wake....

Bling + Killer wake = Supra

Killer wake = Moomba

Consider where that $6k could go if you purchased the moomba, need I say upgrades?

As for the wife, listen to Heavy, he knows what hes talking about...