Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    gatorsactions            07-21-2004, 10:58 AM Reply   
I'm hoping someone can give me some advice. I'm looking at getting an 05 x2 and will be needing a boat lift for the boat. If it matters here's some basic info about where the lift will be. Central, WI/sand bottom lake/in about 4' of water/no power on the dock.

I'm leaning toward some kind of hydrualic lift, though depending on the cost I may have to go with a manual lift. Here's what I would like to hear about:

rough cost of recommended lift:
canopy or no canopy:
why a particular brand:
easy of use:
ease of taking in and out of water:
maintenance:

Thanks so much for your time.
Erik
Old    ilovetrains            07-21-2004, 7:32 PM Reply   
I have an econolift, but I think you are looking for something else. First of all, it uses an electric pump to push air into large plastic box (that is really the best description) that then raises the boat on bunks. It was less than 3K installed (under covered dock) and has been reliable for 8 years. The GFCI plug kicked out for good this year, but at 19 buncks that is the only repair.
Old     (jjared)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-21-2004, 8:28 PM Reply   
Erik, what colors are you looking at and what options for the boat?

I have a friend with a Supra Launch and it's pretty heavy. He has his uncovered on a lake and the tower makes a perfect perch for the birds....can you say bird****? I'd get a canopy. It isn't too bad turning the wheel to lift it out. I'll get the brand later.
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-21-2004, 9:08 PM Reply   
i have the 8000 lb Shoremaster Hydrualic sun lift. or whatever its called. It works great. It has a remote control to raise and lower the boat. Its heavy but 4 can get the job done. you can put a tube under the cradle supports and lower the lift inorder to raise the lift up out of the water a bit.. THis really helps come winter.. i dont have a canopy. cover seems to work fine for me. cost ~$6000. i can't remember.. best investment yet!! its so easy, it brings a smile to my face every time..
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-22-2004, 7:06 AM Reply   
Check out www.airdock.com. I think that is the website. For about $2200 you can get a lift that uses compressed air to fill durable bags under the boat. It uses either 110 or a 12volt so you can run it off your boat. It is easily removed and easily cleans up. Doesn't mark the boat, no bunks to worry about, works in almost any water depth, and lifts your boat completely out of the water. I am looking to purchase one myself.

Eric
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-22-2004, 8:19 AM Reply   
I have a shore station with a canopy. I think I paid about $4000, 15 years ago. No maintaince other than a little grease, but I am on my second canopy. Which I would highly recommend. My neighbor bought his the same year with out a canopy, because his girls used it as a sun platform. He had to totally reupholster his boat two years ago and mine still looks new.

We lift mine out with three people and you can do it with two, but its work getting over the rock seawall.

It does get old cranking it up, if I was getting
one today, I think I would go with the Shoremaster Hydraulic.
Old    gatorsactions            07-22-2004, 9:35 AM Reply   
Cool, thanks for all the comments guys. Has anyone had any experience with ShoreMaster vs. Sunstream? I see they both make a hydraulic lift... Any thoughhts on one vs. the other?

http://www.sunstreamcorp.com/ssc/sunlift.html
http://www.shoremaster.com/lifts/standing/hy/main.html

John, I'm looking at solid viper red for the x2.
Old     (jjared)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-22-2004, 8:54 PM Reply   
no no no...go black or yellow. I'll have my new 05 X2 solid Viper Red on Monday...check out my 2005 X2 post for some pics of it take a couple days ago during production.
Old    gatorsactions            07-23-2004, 8:12 AM Reply   
John, as you know red is one of the best looking colors. I take it you don't want anybody to have the same color scheme...
Old     (jjared)      Join Date: Oct 2002       07-23-2004, 8:27 AM Reply   
I have a yellow 02 X-Star and there were almost no yellow boats around. At Wakefest there were a ton of yellow boats and only one red. I think the solid viper red hull and gelcoat is sick. Did you see the pics on my other post? When will you get your boat?
Old    gatorsactions            07-23-2004, 8:52 AM Reply   
yeah I saw your pics, It looks sweet! I have ordered the boat yet, but most llikely will order within a month. But I'm tring to get this boat lift thing figured out...