Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-07-2005, 5:03 AM Reply   
Man, it's been a long time since I've posted here... good to see some of the old names (sup Swass?)

So about two years ago I blew out my knee pretty bad and I've been limited to wake surfing and "light" boarding ever since. My knee's getting along pretty good now and I'm looking into purchasing a new boat. This will be a family oriented boat as I'll be doing some wakeboarding, my girlfriend and my daughter will be skiing. My local dealer has a 2004 Centurion T5 that's been converted, in all essence, to a Thunder by adding the ballast, the tower and the updated graphics. It's got less than 100 hours on it and seems to be meticulously cared for. They're asking $25K, trailer and all out the door.
My only concern is that I won't be happy for long with the wake. I wanted to ask anyone who's owned one what they thought of it and whether or not they have had any problems I should check into before purchasing it. Thanks much in advance.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-07-2005, 10:35 AM Reply   
or perhaps anyone who's heard good or bad things about them??
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-07-2005, 10:45 AM Reply   
Ive never had one but ive ridden behind a couple. They can throw a monstrous wake if you sac em out properly, the one i rode had no factory ballast, but 600lb in the bow, we took out the rear bench seat, and put a launch pad couch. I think 1200lbs, and the wake was damn big. You can definitley make it a good wake. Only troubles are storage, and room for people.
He'd had his for a year with from what i remember about 80 hours, and no problems up to that point.
~Tyler~
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-07-2005, 10:59 AM Reply   
Thanks for the post. That makes me feel better.
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-08-2005, 4:03 PM Reply   
Well, the dealer called and I'm financed... it's all over but signing of the papers and the 8 years of payments...sigh.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-08-2005, 6:21 PM Reply   
lol, you'll be pleased, regardless of what some say Centurions are awesome boats, and i know down in california i mainly se MC' and SAN', but up in oregon and washington, centruions are more prevelant than any. Just saying you'll be happy with it. We also have a few years of payments to look forward too.
~Tyler~