Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (millerda31)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-13-2006, 2:55 PM Reply   
I have an 01 Centurion Elite V-Drive with the electric motor that raises and lowers the sundeck/engine compartment cover.

The motor has started to bog down especially when raising the cover.

Has anyone with a similar boat ever changed the motor or had one rebuilt. Dealer said new motor would be in the $500 range.

Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-13-2006, 3:26 PM Reply   
Take it off and put a gas shock on in its place if you don't want to spend the money to get it fixed.
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-13-2006, 7:15 PM Reply   
Man, this is how I look at features like that....good selling point but just one more thing to go wrong.

Same theory with combo dvd/vcr players a couple years ago, when one goes wrong you have half a unit!

And since Im ranting, I wish I could find single disc home cd players anymore.....again, less things to go wrong.

Gas shock sounds like a great idea George.
Old     (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-13-2006, 8:46 PM Reply   
You could have that rebuilt by a shop, try Brazil Electric down on StHelens Rd in Portland sure they can do it sounds like the brushes are worn out. Can you post a pic of the motor might be able to pick one up at Grainger.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-14-2006, 8:21 AM Reply   
I would get the 3 piece deck for your boat that Centurion started using around 2002. It may cost more than the motor but you wont have to teplace the motor ever again
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-14-2006, 11:07 AM Reply   
Just a buy a new one and slap it on.
http://www.firgelliauto.com/ ~$120

I'd be concerned with the Gas Shock (Or GAS SPRING - Google Search wording) that it'd catch some wind on the high-way and lift up.... Depending on your boat and how the cover sits, and how strong the gas springs are, this maybe a non-issue.
http://www.spdhardware.com/gs1.htm ~$80 for two.