Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old     (mattbint)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-03-2003, 7:55 PM Reply   
On Friday July 4th I will be putting on the "Best of the Northwest Wakeboard Fest" Only outlaws, semi pro's and pro's are invited to compete for $1,000.00 prize money. 1st place receives $500.00.
The event is sponsored by Hyperlite, The Story Group, Shuemates Motorsports and The Outback Restaurant. The event will be held in Kennewick Washington on the Columbia River. After the event there will be a after party at the Outback followed by fireworks at the site. E-mail me for more info. mattbint@aol.com
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       06-04-2003, 10:00 AM Reply   
Matt,
What’s up with having it on the 4t….? Does that mean you are not making the road trip to Shasta with the rest of the NW crew?? Any word on your old boat yet? Hope you have finally acclimated to the water temps after your Mexico trip.
Old     (ty540)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-04-2003, 5:11 PM Reply   
Matt, sounds like a sweet idea but I'm not so sure that the 4th is the best day to do it... Not only will a lot of people be gone, but all bodies of water are ridiculously busy and rough because so many wallies come out. Either way, I'll try to make it down. Later.
Old     (mattbint)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-04-2003, 5:56 PM Reply   
Yea I know the 4th is not the best day. I have some sheriff buddies that are going to help with boat traffic, and the City of Kennewick is also going to help. There is going to be a large barge out there also which the fireworks show is launched, so hopefully that will slow down traffic. The City expects over 10,000 people on the shore before the fireworks start.
Jeff, yea I think I will be passing on the Shasta trip, I have been getting out every Tuesday though in a private lake and we are just wearing shorts.
Old    mike_riffle            06-04-2003, 8:31 PM Reply   
Hey Matt how is everything going? Sounds like a neat set up. Give me a call.

Ride On
Mike Riffle
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-04-2003, 8:34 PM Reply   
Hey matt whats up its kevin bird i met you last year when mike young came to shoot and i rode with oyu in tri cities on the colombia. I cant make it but it was good to see you name. good luck with the event
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-04-2003, 11:29 PM Reply   
i'd like to go and check it out. sounds like it has been well planned. i'll have to see if i can free up some time.