Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            08-11-2006, 8:02 PM Reply   
Just on the nose. James has been throwing shuvits on his Walker Project board, but then what? :-) With the typical surfboard nose, it's HARD to do a second shuvit to bring the nose back around. With the depth of the fins (3.5") he needs a bit more drive AND stability to get the second shuvit back around...so we're thinking a fatter nose - like the Shred Stixx Pirahana and then small molded fins in the nose, just enough to give stability on the landing and some drive to toss the second shuv, but not enough to affect surface 3's.

Sound crazy? :-) Any crossover wakeboarders with molded in fins on their boards?

Upload
Old     (cassetteboy777)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-11-2006, 8:18 PM Reply   
i have the piranha and it works great for shuvs
Old    surfdad            08-11-2006, 9:07 PM Reply   
And the second shuv, bringing the tail back around? The deeper fins tend to catch in the lip, how are you getting past that?
Old     (jrodhyco)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-14-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
2 fins or 3?
Old    surfdad            08-14-2006, 8:14 PM Reply   
Hey John, we are thinking just two...basically in line with the two in the tail, only straight and parallel to each other. Although I'm not sure that will give enough drive and/or stability.
Old     (ed_g)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-15-2006, 4:07 AM Reply   
You were in the boat of a pro wakeboarder, who also surfs, at the Moomba Jamboree - Russ Wilde.

He is very well versed on the physical design characteristics of equipment. He is sponsored by O'Brien (among others).

Drop Russ a line. He travels a lot, so it may take some time for him to respond. I'm sure he would remember you and be happy to offer some suggestions.
Old    surfdad            08-15-2006, 6:12 AM Reply   
Hey Ed, I remember Russ and his Supra, but not his email add'y. Can you send me that in an email, please? Thanks buddy.