Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    belmont140            06-28-2004, 7:20 PM Reply   
I was cranking up my boat last summer, and all of a sudden the back just dropped back down into the water. It turned out that the cable snapped, and we had to replace it. Now the lift is getting tough as hell to crank up again. I think the cable is off a pully and might snap again. Any idea how to fix this. If I have to get another cable I will be very pissed off. Also I have 2 x 250 lbs. fat sacs in the back that I leave full when I raise it, is that bad? I don't see why it should be a problem as our boat is way lighter than the weight requirements, and it takes forever to fill them and empty them. Should I get a better pump maybe? Any helpful advice would be appreciated.
Old     (nickpman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       06-28-2004, 10:54 PM Reply   
My friends cable broke on his boat lift. He has an x10 and the lift was only rated at 3000 pounds or so when I *think* it should be a 4500 pound lift. They replaced the cable and had no problems with it, but before he cranks it up I know we all have to get out of the boat, and empty all of the tanks. It really depends on what the lifts max weight is. Yea the boat may weigh lighter then the max, but think about the sacs and people standing in the boat when lifting or lowering it. I suggest not raising it up all the way unless your leaving for the weekend or what not. Leave the boat sit in the water a little, enough for it not to float away. Then when your going to leave for the weekend or the night, before you pull it in and raise it up all the way up, Id get everyone out, put the cover on, and empty the sacs. Anyways, just trying to help.

(Message edited by nickpman on June 28, 2004)