Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old     (cbaird)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-22-2005, 6:07 AM Reply   
I've used the MC Cruise on my 05 X2 for about 25hours and it worked great with the ballast full and about 3-4 people in the boat. It would go to speed and maybe go a couple mph over and then settle pretty quick and hold within a 1mph or so.

I took it for it's 20 hours service and now it is overshooting the speed by about 8 mph and is sloooow to settle back to the set speed. Example: it is set at 21, when you throttle it up it will go to 28-29 then slowly go to 21. Takes like 15 seconds. I pulled the paddle wheel and it looks okay and the speed on the MC Cruise display is accurate and doesn't look like it is spuratic. The MC dealer claims all they did was change the oil and installed a shower. They say they didn't hook it up to the computer or do anything that would affect the cruise. So either: 1) they nudged something maybe when installing the shower switch? 2) it is normal and I'm halucinating on how it used to work 3) I did something to it when I took it out?

Whats everyones experience with the MC Cruise? Is it normal to overshoot by 7 or 8 mph?

Old    tod            06-22-2005, 6:34 AM Reply   
There is a problem with the DBW and PP. See this thread for more info........http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=3458

I am sure it applies to the Cruise as well. I was told a fix was in the works and is should be a software upgrade. Hopefully within a few weeks.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-22-2005, 6:55 AM Reply   
It's common to back off of the throttle to help it settle, even with perfect pass. You can help it settle faster.

As long as it still holds a good riding speed you should be good.
Old     (cbaird)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-22-2005, 7:02 AM Reply   
Chris - was this a fix for PP or MC Cruise? I'm leaning towards an issue with my paddle wheel servo. I may see if the MC dealer can loan me another one to troubleshoot.

J-Rod - I tried letting off on the throttle while reaching the mark but it wouldn't engage until I past the set mark by a few mph's.

Frustrating, this thing used to work great!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-22-2005, 11:48 AM Reply   
Oooh... I don't want to hear this. Mine is working killer right now. We definitely have to accelerate up to speed, over shoot by 1-2 mph and back the throttle down, otherwise it'll overshoot by a lot. I also found it interesting that if you back the throttle down too much it doesn't ever compensate back up. I figured that being fully electronic throttle it would compensate???

Otherwise, if it still has a problem I'd bring it back to the MC dealership and tell them to re-flash the programming. I was told some of the early production boats had a problem.
Old     (cbaird)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-22-2005, 12:52 PM Reply   
Guido,

If you accelerate moderatly and keep going until you loose throttle control how far does yours overshoot in mph. Mine used to take over immediatly at the set point and take over. It used to work better than PP wakeboard pro did.

The dealer lent me a new paddle wheel unit to try tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old     (cbaird)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-23-2005, 6:46 AM Reply   
The verdict is in.

I went to put in the new paddle wheel and found out they gave me the wrong one. So I decided to pull out mine and check it again. In looking at it closely it was flattened just slightly on the top. Possibly when we loaded it up on the trailer it got bumped, I remember my wife going cockeyed when she drove it up. I took a file and smoothed it out and now it is working like before. Amazing what a little flattening would do. It must have been causing some turbulance or something.