Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-21-2014, 8:00 AM Reply   
Hey everyone, I know that some of you have already gotten out on the water so I thought it'd be a good idea to start a new thread for this season. Got my new ride for the season, OBrien Format 137 with GTX bindings. Can't wait to break her in!
Attached Images

Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-21-2014, 9:38 AM Reply   
NICE!!!!

Hoping to get out soon as well!

Heard that the North Marina (Willard) is about 8' deep. no idea of the main the body (12'?)
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-21-2014, 12:31 PM Reply   
Matt, any idea if the entire lake is clear of ice now?

Also, how long are you in town for before heading back to AK?
Old    dhorton            03-21-2014, 12:38 PM Reply   
Nice Ryan lets go ride!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-21-2014, 4:48 PM Reply   
David, let me know the next time you plan on riding!
Old     (Aussie)      Join Date: Sep 2011       03-21-2014, 7:19 PM Reply   
Hey Ryan... New ride for me, kept the old Ronix one just in case the camber doesn't work out.

Off to Moab next weekend but planning on getting the boat out weekend after that.
Attached Images

Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-22-2014, 8:07 AM Reply   
Nice Scott! Hope you like the Camber. Have fun in Moab and hit m up when you get back.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-23-2014, 6:04 PM Reply   
Water levels at Willard's South marina. Still very low but higher than it was at the end of last year. Water is coming in fast too, but hope the snowfall is enough to sustain the water depths longer than last year.
Attached Images

Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-28-2014, 10:36 PM Reply   
Swung by north marina to change my bunks, which I didnt dare do. I didnt have anywhere to tie the boat to and I wasnt about to wade in cold water in the evening. I dont recall it this low since 07-08?

The gal at the gate said they were at 70% full.....really? LOL

North east and west side of the ramp have been coned off. You can see where the ramp ends and it drops off.

May have to go to pineview to change the bunks or wait.....grrrrr
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       03-29-2014, 10:01 AM Reply   
Wow, that sucks Matt. No way the level is at 70%. I thought I'd never say this but I hope it rains and snows a lot more over the next month!
Old     (ASDiamond)      Join Date: Mar 2013       03-31-2014, 7:53 PM Reply   
Hi,
I just stumbled across this thread and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Alex, my wife and I bought our first boat last year. We live in Ogden and frequently ride at Willard Bay and East Canyon. I wish I would have known about the previous versions of this thread, it probably would have saved the trial and error of learning when Willard's marina was officially too shallow Its great to meet you and I hope to see some of you around
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-01-2014, 10:36 AM Reply   
Hey Alex, welcome to the thread. Hopefully, we'll get a chance to meet up this season on the water. Let's hope for full, sustainable water levels!
Old     (rosenbergmike)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-06-2014, 6:28 PM Reply   
hey guys, i'm stoked to hear water levels are on the rise! hopefully this last snowfall we've had does some good! and i'm down to ride anytime anyone needs a third! also, anyone know about tower welds? i found a hairline crack in mine at the factory welded seem when i was putting away for the winter….
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-07-2014, 8:06 AM Reply   
Hey Mike, my boat should be ready by the end of the month (vinyl is getting replaced right now). As for the weld, I remember my friend had that in his previous centurion and took it to a local shop to have them fix it. Not sure how much it cost though. I'll hit you up when my boat is ready to go.
Old     (CCWakerider)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-07-2014, 1:05 PM Reply   
Hello all..... My name is Craig, and I am new to the area, and my first summer here was last summer. We mostly ride-surf on Jordanelle, as we are in PC. We are looking forward to more riding this summer than last, as we have a different boat. Anyone up here in PC area, let me know. Thanks!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-07-2014, 1:56 PM Reply   
Hey Craig,
Welcome to the thread. Jay Dutton lives in PC with his wife and they are avid surfers and occasional wakeboard. He owns a Malibu wakesetter. I'm rarely in PC anymore during the summer but if I ever am, I'll make sure to hit you up. What boat are you in this season?

I take my boat out to Willard Bay so if you're ever willing to make the drive, let me know. We mainly wakeboard but occasionally surf as well if the water gets bad.
Old     (rosenbergmike)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-07-2014, 2:01 PM Reply   
Hey Ryan, good to know the cracks won't be a huge issue to fix, and hopefully not a huge bill. I'm stoked to see the new cushions, and I can't wait to get out and ride. We are hoping to have our summer plans laid out this week or next, and we may be staying out here and keeping the boat on Jordanelle! Any advice? I'd love to find an early morning ride buddy. I hear the water's best before noon?

Craig - We just moved back to the valley and would be stoked to ride anytime! We may be here riding in PC for the summer, so we might be seeing each other a lot! I have a Supra back in VT but my girlfriend and I have our boards here already if you're looking for thirds!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-07-2014, 4:07 PM Reply   
Mike, I'm actually having the entire boat re-vinyled so not an easy repair job. And although my friend is doing the work, and will be lower than taking it to a vinyl business, it still will be costly, but well worth it in the end.

Keep me posted of your summer plans. Would be great to have you and Mimi here for the entire season. Keeping your boat at Jordanelle can be worth it IF you're able to get a slip on the water. Otherwise, from what I hear about the dry storage prices, it's a rip off. But it could be worth it compared against drive time, tow gas up and down Parleys, etc. As far as riding time, during the week, plan to get out before 10am. it's gotten crazy the past few years, and on the weekends, plan to be on the water before 7am, or don't even plan on going out on Saturday's.
Old     (CCWakerider)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-08-2014, 6:49 AM Reply   
Ryan - thanks for the info. We have a new 23 LSV this year with surfgate, and are looking forward to the new season. I will try and meet Jay this season as we surf more than board ourselves. Thanks also for the invite to Willard.... Maybe some time this summer we can try and do a large "Get Together" somewhere on a picked lake for all is Northern Utah folks👍

Mike- would like to get together and ride for sure. Boat is supposed to be here by Mem weekend, so will hit you up when we get it out on the lake!!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-08-2014, 8:43 AM Reply   
Craig, no problem. I hope it works out for you and Jay. Also hope to meet up with you on the water at some point.
Old     (rosenbergmike)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-08-2014, 10:42 AM Reply   
Hey Ryan, Thanks for that info….it really gets too busy midweek after 10am?? damn!! I have a lead on a slip, so I will keep you posted on our decisions!

Craig, looking forward to getting out on the water and checking out your sweet LSV! What do you think about what Ryan mentioned for good water times on Jordanelle? Any info you can share would be super helpful!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-08-2014, 1:48 PM Reply   
Mike,
I moved from PC back in 2006, and it was already bad back then, so I can imagine it's only gotten worse in the past 8 years. It seems the best time to ride mid week was between 8am and 10am because you'll get the crews who want to get in a early morning sesh before work, and they're usually off around 8am. Then you have the ones who want to wait until it warms up so they come out after 10am.

The 2 times I rode up at Jordanelle last season, water was packed after 10am. You may get lucky from time to time, but it's also dependent on the weather. If you are able to get a slip, your chances of getting good water goes up dramatically since you can be on/off the water a lot faster.
Old     (rosenbergmike)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-08-2014, 2:59 PM Reply   
Thanks Shima! I guess I am not used to be around other people who boat during the work day! Back in VT you can usually get the water to yourself before noon, and then the afternoons can be so-so until about 3pm. I'm gonna have to think about this.

What's the deal with Rockport reservoir? or Deer Creek?

Am I going to have better luck trailering to Willard to find some room on the water? I was hoping to stay up in the mountains and beat the heat, but I don't want to be getting swamped with boats all the time either. Tough decisions!
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       04-08-2014, 3:21 PM Reply   
Nice, looks like everyone is stoked for the season!

Scott, I'm interested to see how you like your board. I was staring at my One the other day and thinking if there is anything I would ever want to replace it with.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-08-2014, 8:08 PM Reply   
Mike,
Rockport and Deer Creek are the same situations, but I have much less experience with Deer Creek. Tow time to either of those will be the same as going to Willard but don't have to deal with the hard uphill tow. But it's your choice. Wind is an issue up there as well after about 11am or so. But there have been many times we've gotten glassy conditions mid day, mid week. Just to give you some perspective, I've never put my boat in at Jordanelle, because the hard tow up the mountain isn't worth the unpredictable wind conditions.

When I lived on the Jordanelle many years ago, people would call/text me for water conditions updates before driving up the mountain. Many times, I would have to call them back within about 30min and tell them it went from glass to white-capping so don't bother coming up. Again, if you have a slip, that could make a big difference though. Willard can be busy mid-week but usually it doesn't get busy until after work hours (starting about 3-4pm). Just have to deal with bugs and hatches.

Rich, if you're interested in the Camber, maybe Scott will let you demo his board. In everything I've heard, riders say to try it first because it's definitely not for everyone's style and takes adjusting to get use to. Glad to have you back in SLC, btw. Can't wait to meet up with you!
Old     (Aussie)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-08-2014, 8:41 PM Reply   
Yep Rich all good for a demo... It is going to be interesting to see how it goes .... Might be a demo/sale but we will see.

Getting the boat summerized tomorrow so nearly underway for the season. Have to go to London for work for a week and a half after Easter which will mean maybe one ride before I head off weather depending.

Can't wait..
Old     (CCWakerider)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-09-2014, 12:23 PM Reply   
Ryan is correct as the wind picks up at Jordanelle in minutes..... That is one of the big reasons we went with a bigger boat and Surfgate this year.
Old     (rosenbergmike)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-09-2014, 8:21 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. This info is really helpful. It sounds like there really isn't a perfect answer on where to live and ride during the summer, but I'll let you know what I decide. Either way I'm definitely looking to getting out on the water with you all!
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-10-2014, 7:04 PM Reply   
I tried deercreek last year and it was awesome for the first morning and then complete chop at noon. I was told that was the norm.

Willard still looks low. I've been noticing that Weber River isn't flowing very fast either. I've been eyeballing it on the way home from work now.

A get together could be fun.

Shima you may be seeing me more often in the evenings at Willard since I'm back in town working.
Old     (rosenbergmike)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-10-2014, 10:03 PM Reply   
I've been told the prevailing winds always pick up around 11am up there...thanks for the confirmation Matt.

If anyone knows of an affordable storage place near PC, I'm trying to price out my options for the summer.

Although, Willard is sounding a little more reliable for the extra 10 mile drive.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-11-2014, 1:36 PM Reply   
Matt, does this mean you're no longer working in AK??? If so, it will be great to see you more than just once a summer. LOL!

Mike, keep us posted!
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-13-2014, 9:18 AM Reply   
Yep! BP said there were to many contractors up there and I fell victim with a few hundred others. It's good to be back home, I'll miss the time off but it's a good time to be back with the kids getting older so I can reign them in a little more LOL. The wife has been alot happier too

Willard is game on. Stay in the middle ramp (north) DON'T go past the ramp (east) in the marina it gets shallow real quick . Stay in the center of the channel to the main body and head straight out to the west wall or middle. I wouldn't recommend riding the east side yet. I can see to many islands still from my house. And the main campground/beach area I would not even consider going near. I know to many that have found that sandbar(s).

Marina depth is about 7-8' deep so you can nose up to the dock and pick up your crew.

Shout out to the guy with the X45 that I chatted with on the ramp about conditions before I went out that evening.

Shima, whatever happened to the guy in clearfeild (Marine Prop?) did he pass away? Anyone pick up his business for repairing dinged props? I havnt dinged one yet in a while but would like to know who to turn too when in a quick bind.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-13-2014, 5:49 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info Matt. Just got back from the south marina to check water depths and it's come up a few week with water flowing in fast. Let's just hope that they aren't letting it out on the backside of the lake for the reserves.

The Prop Doc dude passed away a couple of years ago, unfortunately. He did good work but when I took my prop in a few summers ago, he was already having severe health issues. I used A-Rock Prop's last spring (located in downtown SLC) and got my prop back overnight. Maybe I was lucky but they were amazingly fast and did a great job. 801-281-8288.

Also checked on the progress of my vinyl replacement today and I'm so stoked on the work that Glen & Julie Combe are doing. If any of you up this way need vinyl repair/replacement, give them a shout (RE-VIVE Upholstery) 801-940-6237.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-13-2014, 7:22 PM Reply   
Can't wait to see the vinyl! How bad was yours? I'll be looking at new skins next year (gracias to cheap vinyl that centurion used an wouldn't warranty when I brought it up when it was new). I'll check them out!

Is south marina a wade in/out scenario?

I heard they were letting some water out, maybe to keep the bay fresh?
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-13-2014, 7:35 PM Reply   
Matt, my engine cover and rear compartment covers cracked after a hail storm at the end of last August, so instead of replacing only those, I decided to do the entire boat so it looks even and clean.

As for the south marina, I don't think it's deep enough yet to nose into the dock so whoever parks the trailer will have to swim to the boat since it will have to stay in the middle of the marina after launching.
Old     (jenjen)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-13-2014, 8:15 PM Reply   
Hi everyone, I just moved to the area and love to both wakeboard and surf - still pretty newish with both of them but would love to get a lot of water time this season. I don't have a boat but do have the wakeboard.
Thanks! Jen
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-13-2014, 9:42 PM Reply   
Hey Jen, welcome to the thread. I'll be getting my boat out in early May after the interior is done. Where are you located and what's your normal schedule like? We try to get out more during the week because it's better water conditions. I'll be out of town for the next couple of weeks so I'll be in touch when I'm back.
Old     (gcombe)      Join Date: May 2007       04-14-2014, 9:20 AM Reply   
Shima thanks for the shout out! we will post up some pics here in a bit when you get your bow put back together.

But yes, all you wake \ Surf riders, if you have some stuff that comes up with your ride, and you need to repair\ new upholstery get hold of us. Boats are pretty much what we love to work on. So if you need minor repair or replacement with your boat, car, rv, atv, send us a text and we will get you taken care of.

Our shop is in Marriott-Slaterville and your ride will be stored inside for the duration of its visit in a climate controlled secure environment. should have our web site up here in a week or so, but Shimas and a few others have been keeping us busy!

Since we know alot of you guys I will end the infomercial. lol
just keep us in mind down the road.
Old     (jenjen)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-14-2014, 2:05 PM Reply   
Thanks for the welcome Ryan and have a great trip! I am in Salt Lake - in the avenues. My schedule changes every week but I only work 3 days or nights so weekdays are usually great for me. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Jen
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-14-2014, 4:38 PM Reply   
Awesome Jen, will be in touch.
Old     (Aussie)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-14-2014, 8:25 PM Reply   
Shima, thinking of riding on Sunday with the wife and Emily, reckon Willard South is good to go, or go the north?

First trip out was not very successful, found a crack in the hose to the belly tank after running the pump for 10 minutes, fixed it last night so going to have another go next Friday before the tow up to Willard.

Jen I live up behind the Zoo but make the tow up to Willard most Sundays, will be in touch.
Old     (jenjen)      Join Date: Jun 2008       04-14-2014, 9:15 PM Reply   
Great! Thank you!
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-14-2014, 9:27 PM Reply   
Glen, awesome! Your just down the road from me Are ya on 1900?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-14-2014, 9:34 PM Reply   
Holy Moly the new thread is off and running... Welcome to the new peeps and look forward to everybody's pictures. Just took the MB out to UT Lake last sunday and was reading 4' to 4.5' in the harbor and seen 8' out of the harbor. Boat ran great for winter sleeping it myself. Water temp read 65! My cousin had a dunkable radio and left it in the water about 6" under and it read 63. Looks like we will miss our early window on UT Lake so lets hope a certain spot fills up nicely.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-14-2014, 9:44 PM Reply   
Scott, The south marina is coming up but not high enough yet to use the docks. So I would launch out of the North marina right now to be safe. Follow Matt's advice on where to keep the boat once it's off the trailer otherwise it's really easy to hit bottom.

I'm heading home to Hawaii on Friday for 2 weeks so I'll catch up with you all once I'm back in town.
Old     (gcombe)      Join Date: May 2007       04-15-2014, 9:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by duramat View Post
Glen, awesome! Your just down the road from me Are ya on 1900?
yep. think I throw a rock from my shop onto that street! just off 1900 turn on 250 No and I am first place on the left. if headed to the bay going north from 12th street thats the road right before the maverik.
Old     (gcombe)      Join Date: May 2007       04-15-2014, 9:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
Shima, thinking of riding on Sunday with the wife and Emily, reckon Willard South is good to go, or go the north?

First trip out was not very successful, found a crack in the hose to the belly tank after running the pump for 10 minutes, fixed it last night so going to have another go next Friday before the tow up to Willard.

Jen I live up behind the Zoo but make the tow up to Willard most Sundays, will be in touch.

I 2nd the north marina.
my take dont go south yet. we have gone up every weekend for the last 5 weeks now. and its been a tad frustrating. first two weeks it came up really quick. the last 3 weeks its maybe jumped up 2 to 2.5 foot.

Its obvious they are letting in. But we suspect that they are letting out the north side and flooding that wets lands area. just hope the real run off gets put in and not let out???

anyhow if u choose to go south at anytime, of the two docks use the one closest to the restrooms its deeper there. but also off that dock you want to use the corner that is closest to the mountains. that area is the deepest so that would be the corner that is by the center ramp.
Old     (gcombe)      Join Date: May 2007       04-17-2014, 9:15 AM Reply   
guess I can save myself the drive.... not looking good ehh?

http://www.usbr.gov/uc/water/rsvrs/ops/crsp_40_wb.html
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-17-2014, 9:55 AM Reply   
Thanks for that link Glen. Interesting. Let's hope they don't continue letting water out.
Old     (Aussie)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-20-2014, 8:41 AM Reply   
Matt or Glenn, what's the weather doing your way, thinking about making the tow up to Willard but the web says it is going to be gusting 16mph but it is dead calm in SLC?
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-21-2014, 6:15 PM Reply   
Sorry I saw this late Aus!

Text me and I can give ya a weather condition before ya come up this way. I can usually see the glass/chop from my house.

801. 726. 7570
Old     (gcombe)      Join Date: May 2007       04-22-2014, 8:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie View Post
Matt or Glenn, what's the weather doing your way, thinking about making the tow up to Willard but the web says it is going to be gusting 16mph but it is dead calm in SLC?
yeah same here.. think my number is up above.. just text me and I can let you know before hand. not as close at matt. but should not be too off.

the good news is it came up 3ft last week.

Last edited by gcombe; 04-22-2014 at 8:48 AM. Reason: added
Old     (aep6475)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-24-2014, 2:27 PM Reply   
Just doing a web browser bookmark cleaning and came across this thread again. Hey Ryan/Josh! good to see you guys still hitting it hard down there.

Looks like you all have a few new faces/names to the Utah clan, glad to see it still going strong.

Anyway, just saying a random hello to some old friends, take care all.

Last edited by aep6475; 04-24-2014 at 2:30 PM. Reason: felt like it
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-24-2014, 2:38 PM Reply   
Yo Anthony, wassup bro! How have you been? Where are you calling home these days?
Old     (aep6475)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-24-2014, 2:49 PM Reply   
Hey bud, living just up the road north of you in Idaho Falls, been here almost 5 years now since I left Roy. Don't ride anymore these days, but still have my turd boat just hasn't been in the water in a while.

Caught some skating during the Olympics and had to pause/record a spot where I'm pretty sure I spotted you in the back left of a screen shot. Hope you had another fun season and best of luck on more to come!

Number hasn't changed if you still have it and ever make it to this area of the world. I drive through SLC a few times a year on my way to Vegas but never really have time to stop and hang sadly. It's only 2.5 hours away and I can't ever justify the weekend trip for some reason. I blame Denise, she keeps my overloaded with house and yard work. I'll stalk the board this year for all the cool pics to come, enjoy the warming weather (we just got snow yesterday again).
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-25-2014, 2:47 AM Reply   
Ok, I was still wondering if you were still up there. The email I had for you bounced so I thought you moved but I still have your 801 cell number. My cell is the same also. Tell Denise to cut you some slack and get back out on your board man, haha! Nice to hear from you and if you ever have time on your drive through Layton on your way to Vegas, let me know. Aloha!
Old     (ASDiamond)      Join Date: Mar 2013       04-25-2014, 4:54 PM Reply   
Went out to Willard yesterday for a couple of early runs. To me it seemed like there was more water now than there was at the end of last year, but not much. We didnt scrape anything in the marina, which is more than I can say for our last run in the fall. So just like mentioned before: it is game on. Cold! but still beats a day at work. Hope to see you guys out there one day.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       04-25-2014, 5:57 PM Reply   
Thanks for the update on the water conditions, Alex. I'll be back in about a week and hope get have my boat out soon after that. Hope to meet up with you at some point soon.
Old     (rosenbergmike)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-30-2014, 4:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASDiamond View Post
Went out to Willard yesterday for a couple of early runs. To me it seemed like there was more water now than there was at the end of last year, but not much. We didnt scrape anything in the marina, which is more than I can say for our last run in the fall. So just like mentioned before: it is game on. Cold! but still beats a day at work. Hope to see you guys out there one day.
Hey Alex, if you need a third, I'm not afraid to get in the cold water! I live by Liberty Park and work from home...same goes for anyone else looking for a third until I get my boat out here!

And Jen, I may be moving to the Aves, so it would be sweet to have someone close by to carpool with and/who can drive a boat and wants to ride a lot!
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       04-30-2014, 8:15 PM Reply   
I would like to piggy back on Mike's post. I'm also a 3rd down to ride in the cold. I have a full suit, albeit no dry suit. Also live near Liberty, just south of 9th and 9th. Right now my schedule is pretty free Mon-Thurs. Down to pay gas, wipe down, help in any other ways etc. I've ridden with a few of you in the past on Ryan's boat and otherwise. Thanks for letting this boatless guy get out on the water!
Old     (rosenbergmike)      Join Date: Mar 2011       04-30-2014, 8:22 PM Reply   
Alright Rich! We can be the two man full service team, now all we need is a boat and a driver!
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       04-30-2014, 8:47 PM Reply   
Sounds perfect! We can even car pool easy!
Old     (rosenbergmike)      Join Date: Mar 2011       05-02-2014, 4:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloungelife View Post
Sounds perfect! We can even car pool easy!
game on!! hey, btw, you're not the Rich renting a 1 BR victorian in Liberty Park area by any chance are you?
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       05-02-2014, 6:03 PM Reply   
That isn't me. I'm just south of 9th S on Lincoln st in a 4 plex.
Old     (rosenbergmike)      Join Date: Mar 2011       05-02-2014, 6:29 PM Reply   
shoot! i was hoping for an inside track with the live-in landlord, it has a hot tub!
Old     (jenjen)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-03-2014, 8:32 PM Reply   
Mike that would be great! And I'm always ready to go. Wetsuit is ready - I'm used to that cold water from NoCal. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-04-2014, 1:37 PM Reply   
What up Anthony! Yep still hard at it if the weather will corporate with my weekend warrior schedule. Hope all is well and doing great in ID!
Old     (Aussie)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-04-2014, 5:59 PM Reply   
Agreed this weather is giving me the sh%&s.... Web says windy then its not, then says not windy and it is. I have been ready to go for three weeks and still no time on the water.

Hopefully this weekend will be game on.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-06-2014, 7:19 PM Reply   
Scott,
If you launch at Willard, use the North marina for now. The South is still a bit low and although the water levels are past the docks now at the South, I bet it's not deep enough to nose in and pick people up/drop them off.

If the weather report for Willard says 15mph or under, and as long as it's not from the SW or NE direction, you should be able to find a wall with wind protection.
Old     (gcombe)      Join Date: May 2007       05-07-2014, 8:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_shima1 View Post
Scott,
If you launch at Willard, use the North marina for now. The South is still a bit low and although the water levels are past the docks now at the South, I bet it's not deep enough to nose in and pick people up/drop them off.

If the weather report for Willard says 15mph or under, and as long as it's not from the SW or NE direction, you should be able to find a wall with wind protection.
was only 28inches deep at the dock fyi. that was last weekend. just deep enough you cant see the bottom from the dock.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-13-2014, 1:22 PM Reply   
Hey Everyone,
Starting this weekend on the Marine Products website, you can use my BroCode = ry2014, to get 10% off of any current 2014 Wake & Wakesurf related products.

When you go to www.marine-products.com, just enter my BroCode at checkout for your discount. Also, if you want to save on shipping and pick up your order at the store, you can call and arrange your pickup after your order has been processed online. Remember, the discount code only works for website orders.

Best wishes to everyone for a great 2014 summer on the water, and I hope you enjoy your savings at Marine Products for all your water-sports needs!
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-13-2014, 3:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcombe View Post
was only 28inches deep at the dock fyi. that was last weekend. just deep enough you cant see the bottom from the dock.
Ya.....found it DOH!! (The wife to be exact)
Old     (Safado)      Join Date: Sep 2012       05-16-2014, 11:19 AM Reply   
I just got back from the Boarding School in Orlando..Best trip of my life. Anyways, can't wait to get on the water out here. I live in Farmington. Keep me in mind if you ever need a third. Thanks! Greg Murray 801-510-2283
Attached Images

Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-16-2014, 12:53 PM Reply   
Nice pic, Greg! Is that Jefferson you're raleying over?

What's your schedule like these days?
Old     (Safado)      Join Date: Sep 2012       05-16-2014, 5:28 PM Reply   
Thanks, Ryan. Yeah, that's Jeff. I think he was a little nervous. When I asked him, he didn't seem too stoked about the idea. He saw my brother take out Shaun Murray a year before trying the same thing. Anyways, I work 2-3 days a week, and it moves every week, so it just depends, but I'm usually around

Last edited by Safado; 05-16-2014 at 5:30 PM.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-16-2014, 5:31 PM Reply   
Ok, cool. Let you know when I have an open spot!
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-16-2014, 8:01 PM Reply   
Maverick in Plain City now sells pure gas, ethanol free stuff. It's at the pumps behind the building
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-16-2014, 8:31 PM Reply   
Matt, thanks for the info. What's the price per gallon?
Old     (BigJohnsonUT)      Join Date: Apr 2014       05-16-2014, 9:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_shima1 View Post
Matt, thanks for the info. What's the price per gallon?
I am new to wakeworld this year but just wanted to introduce myself. My wife and I love riding/surfing as much as much my business allows. We are in the process of picking out a new boat for this summer season. G23, LSV 23 or save some money and go with a MB F22 TC. Mastercraft is completely out of X30's or that would be on top of the list. Look forward to seeing everyone out on the water!

CJ
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       05-16-2014, 9:45 PM Reply   
Hey CJ,
Welcome to the thread! Good luck on your boat search and hope to see you out on the water this year!