Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-06-2016, 8:39 AM Reply   
We have unhooked a boat and other trailers 1000s of times with no incident. Some how we forgot to unhook the breakaway cable and drove away connected after putting the boat away on saturday. We have a 2016 Axis A20. Is this something we should be able to fix or do i need to take it in? Any advice on resetting the brake or what else do i need to know.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       06-06-2016, 9:12 AM Reply   
Check your manual; mine came with a trailer manual and there was a part about replacing the cable. Sorry it's not here right now or I'd dig it up.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-06-2016, 12:04 PM Reply   
Tings, my wife did that on my Supra many years ago, and I just got a replacement set of cables from one of the RV/Camping stores. I'm sure Marine Products, etc has them. I didn't need to reset anything on my trailer, but maybe I just got lucky and it ran fine regardless.
Old     (jacobs0222i)      Join Date: Sep 2008       06-06-2016, 2:12 PM Reply   
This place will have what you need.

http://www.pacifictrailers.com/
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       06-06-2016, 8:09 PM Reply   
I did the same thing last weekend. There is switch or tab underneath the brake module. That tab should move freely . If it does then the brakes are released. If it is locked you may need to take it in.

There is also a small clip that goes on the cable so it doesn't move past a certain point. The manual shows how to apply it.

I just ordered the "swagging" tool to crimp a new ferrule on so I can secure the "S" clip to the cable. It broke the end of the cable and the clip fell off.