Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2021, 9:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Except that if exposed you are at least 5x and up to 10x less likely to contract Delta. So yeah, the 1.5 year old is necessarily safer. If you don't contract, you cannot spread. Super-not-hard-to-understand.
Can you show the science to prove that or did that come from CNN? If I understand it, you can still carry a heavy, transmittable viral load, give it to others and not be symptomatic yourself. Isn't that the whole reason for the CDC/Farci flip flop on vaccinated people having to wear masks now too?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-11-2021, 9:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
What about the 99.99% of people with no comorbidities who sweat it out, get through it and now have the antibodies? I might be one of them. Goin to get tested for antibodies today.
I'm curious what you find out!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2021, 9:44 AM Reply   
Let me just say that if I was old like John Anderson or a fat tub of goo, I would be first in line to get it. If the FDA does approve it and I don't have to sign my life away before taking it, I'm 90% sure I'll get it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2021, 9:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I'm curious what you find out!
Me too. Had a two day low grade fever with cough back in November. Wife had similar without much fever. Not sure how long the antibodies last. I heard they stay around a long time. We'll see.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-11-2021, 9:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Can you show the science to prove that or did that come from CNN? If I understand it, you can still carry a heavy, transmittable viral load, give it to others and not be symptomatic yourself. Isn't that the whole reason for the CDC/Farci flip flop on vaccinated people having to wear masks now too?
Seems like you are conflating being symptomatic with contracting?

Let's be honest... the mask guidance (or better said its implementation) left a lot of wiggle room for the unvaxxed to go unmasked, since nobody is getting "carded".

From a PH perspective, it's way easier to get herd compliance to stop spread if the rule is "while there is substantial community spread in your community, everyone wears masks." Then we don't have to get into the semantics of vaccination / prior infection / pretty-sure-I-had-it etc.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2021, 9:53 AM Reply   
Putting long term risks aside, the way I see it, my odds of dying from covid are virtually nil, but I'll get through it easier if I'm vaccinated. My odds of side effects from vaccines are also slim, but still very real and probably under reported. I can still catch and pass on covid despite being vaccinated. Can we all agree on that? If not, tell me where I'm wrong.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-11-2021, 10:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Putting long term risks aside, the way I see it, my odds of dying from covid are virtually nil, but I'll get through it easier if I'm vaccinated. My odds of side effects from vaccines are also slim, but still very real and probably under reported. I can still catch and pass on covid despite being vaccinated. Can we all agree on that? If not, tell me where I'm wrong.
Your likelihood of catching in the first place, and thus passing on, is significantly diminished if vaxxed. So if being a spreader is bad for the community, you are a greater danger to your community unvaxxed.

You are also correct about the slim chances of dying from covid unvaxxed (assuming healthy and under 60), and the slim chances of vax side effects. However, it is important to compare the levels of "slimness" between those two slim chances. Even if you get J&J, where a few women may have died from getting the vax, and let's assume that you'd have an equal chance of dying as those women did, the slim chance of dying from covid unvaxxed would still be 1000x greater than the slim chance of dying from a covid vax side effect.

As humans we are very very bad at comparing those two relatively small risks. But as small risks go, one of them is much much higher than the other.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2021, 10:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
As humans we are very very bad at comparing those two relatively small risks. But as small risks go, one of them is much much higher than the other.
Yeah it would be nice to know the real stats on that. The problem is any stats that don't fully support getting vaccinated are hidden and the person talking about it gets cancelled or discredited.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-11-2021, 10:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Yeah it would be nice to know the real stats on that. The problem is any stats that don't fully support getting vaccinated are hidden and the person talking about it gets cancelled or discredited.
please, any failure of vaccines or democrats will be broadcast 24/7 by FOX, OAN, Newsmaxx.... You would be the 1st to know.
Everyone has provided every stat to ease your decision, daily you post a FOX update and more .0001% questions. You just saw how fast Covid is in infecting your own family tree and still cant see how fast how effective theDelta variant of the virus is. Imagine your own fams misfortune playing out on your community, your city, your hospitals, schools....
But nope, there is .001 chance i might get a sore arm for a day.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-11-2021, 10:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
I've never seen heroin inject itself either, are you saying it should be legalized?
It is in kalifornia.

Heroin is addictive and is not in the bill of rights. I know, that is something you don't have under your government, however we have a document that was created that addressed the follies of previous European governments. You and your European overlords kind of just got off of kings and queens less than 100 years ago. Don't lecture on the need to defend one's self from enemies foreign and domestic.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-11-2021, 11:00 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Can you blame them? Every democrat politician is blue in the face from trying to stop gun sales in every way, shape and form. The NRApublicans have stopped them at everything. Made it easier for roaches to get guns and ammo. Meanwhile, keep arming them and complaining while doing nothing to stop the flow of guns, legal and illegal.
also, the only people black people have to fear is other black people. BLM is a marxist group that tries to displace the blame of their culture on the police (aka laws passed by democrats in their cities).
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-11-2021, 11:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
it is in kalifornia.

Heroin is addictive and is not in the bill of rights. I know, that is something you don't have under your government, however we have a document that was created that addressed the follies of previous european governments. You and your european overlords kind of just got off of kings and queens less than 100 years ago. Don't lecture on the need to defend one's self from enemies foreign and domestic.
Quote:
don't lecture on the need to defend one's self from enemies foreign and domestic.
Thats not the problem. The problem is all the guns used not defending from enemies. As in all the mass shootings in the USA. The shootings in every big or small city. Pretty sure the USA has more guns than people. Not a good ratio.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-11-2021, 11:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
No battery backup?
Who knows. They have over a billion dollar budget for various projects. Even with a battery, there is not enough current to hold over a glitch. Does not matter that their was a battery as it happened during the middle of the day during peak sunlight hours.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2021, 11:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
please, any failure of vaccines or democrats will be broadcast 24/7 by FOX, OAN, Newsmaxx.... You would be the 1st to know.
Everyone has provided every stat to ease your decision, daily you post a FOX update and more .0001% questions. You just saw how fast Covid is in infecting your own family tree and still cant see how fast how effective theDelta variant of the virus is. Imagine your own fams misfortune playing out on your community, your city, your hospitals, schools....
But nope, there is .001 chance i might get a sore arm for a day.
And daily you post on my .000001% chance of dying.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-11-2021, 11:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Sure seems like it on the surface, but you don't know what the long term effects are any better than me or any doctors and immunologists. New stuff continues to come out. I also have another aunt who has been sick with on and off flu symptoms for 4 months right after her second Moderna shot. Sorry to break it to you, your 1.5 year old isn't necessarily any safer because you got the mark. You can still be a spreader.
Look, what we know is:

1. Of the new hospitalization cases the most serious are the unvaccinated.
2. Seems of those, the majority may be the older people again
3. The vaccine itself while there are some side effects, I believe most agree that the side effects are currently less than COVID itself. At least for those who are at risk
4. Of those who are not in the at risk category, which is 99.9 or more percent of the people, they get covid and recover


I guess we need to know the nature of the hospitalizations. The data presented seems like covid was the compounding issue.
If you remove the old, do we really have an issue?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-11-2021, 11:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Who knows. They have over a billion dollar budget for various projects. Even with a battery, there is not enough current to hold over a glitch. Does not matter that their was a battery as it happened during the middle of the day during peak sunlight hours.
So it sounds like you have concluded that solar is completely bunk because your company has a big array, but not big enough to actually run off the grid on. Thus solar is a failed technology. Is that about right? Was the array even designed to allow the facility to run off-grid, or does it just push power back to the grid?

Is that very much different from saying that current electrical delivery systems are failed because they can't operate under all conditions and have to shut down / go to rolling blackouts (whether because of peak demand or fire concerns)?

Or to say it more simply it'd be like saying an electrical power plant is bunk as soon as demand exceeds the plant's output.

If your company's array and/or on-site battery storage were sufficient to run off grid, you'd be a believer?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-11-2021, 11:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Except that if exposed you are at least 5x and up to 10x less likely to contract Delta. So yeah, the 1.5 year old is necessarily safer. If you don't contract, you cannot spread. Super-not-hard-to-understand.
How do you know that? They told us we do not need to test and have different proticols based on if we are vaccinated. Matter of fact, I do not even have to call our covid hotline anymore if I am exposed to someone with COVID. Prior to this summer, we have to disclose that and get put on the beach. They also determined that we do not need to surface clean regardless of vaccine status due to the findings that surface contamination is not a factor in COVID spread.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-11-2021, 11:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Then quit whining about SHOOTINGS.
Then quit trying to pass laws that go against our bill of rights for 4% of a very select population making these democrat cities as dangerous as Beruit.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2021, 11:47 AM Reply   
Well that was easy. They just 95sn your finger, squeeze a few blood drops and yer done. Should know in 15 mins....
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-11-2021, 11:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
How do you know that?
Here's an example of a study of vaccine efficacy (Pfizer and AstroZenica) in the UK, where all of the patient data gets compiled by the National Health Service: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2108891

NOTE: this shows the rates of infection of symptomatic disease, not asymptomatic. However, it's not really possible (AFAIK) to study asymptomatic disease on a broad scale like this unless the population in question is undergoing regular testing regardless of symptoms. So you just have to rely on data of people getting tested because they don't feel well.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-11-2021, 11:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
And daily you post on my .000001% chance of dying.
Believe me, im not worried about you dying. Im hopeful, lol. The issue is how many people you and all the others with your like mindset will infect. As a christain I figured you would understand "for the betterment of the community". Isnt that Christianity 101? Would Jesus vaccinate or choose to infect? Dont you pattern your life after Jesus? Or is your brand of Christianity different? The Church of Me First?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-11-2021, 12:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
What about the 99.99% of people with no comorbidities who sweat it out, get through it and now have the antibodies? I might be one of them. Goin to get tested for antibodies today.
The anti bodies testing is suspect. I had the same thing maybe 2 or 3 months after having what we believed was COVID early prior to the lock downs. Son in Law went from being health to one day from being sepsis within 5 days and he does not drink or smoke and was in the middle of the police academy. Then shortly after the rest of us were extremely sick. Gurgling and crackling lungs and ears. down for about 2 weeks. I got an antibody test and it was negative. T

They did the end nose swab and those are listed at the time as 70% accurate. There is a much deeper and expensive test that is high 90% accurate.

As far as being protected with antibodies, the antibodies from one most likely will not protect you from the morphed version. I see it as like the flu where each year the different strand makes it's way around and the shot for one does not help with the shot from the other.

The COVID vaccine which is not a COVID vaccine is a spike protein vaccine. Now the question is how broad band is it with spike proteins? Is there such a thing as spike protein variations. I believe the answer is yes, however the vaccine seems to have success vs the slight variations. All the vaccine is doing having your body already have antibodies on board for fighting the spike protein. The way the vaccine works is it injects a mRNA variant into your arm muscle where it stays nominally isolated in the muscle tissue. That mRNA causes your own body to produce said spike protein. Your body then builds up the antibodies to go fight the spike proteins.

The good news is mRNA technology has been around for a while. There are literally hundreds of millions of people with this vaccine and really less people get sick from this than the flu vaccine if I saw the numbers correctly. To be honest, this may be an overall miracle break through for technology. The issue may be with people who have autoimmune issues. Anytime you introduce something like this with someone with autoimmune issues, you could be kicking them into a autoimmune response for no reason. That means their body is attacking itself on various levels. The question for them has to be weighed with the evidence like that here as presented, of what are the odds of getting covid or taking a vaccine that they know will trigger a response. Their bodies are great at fighting diseases. Just too good at it.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-11-2021, 12:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Believe me, im not worried about you dying. Im hopeful, lol. The issue is how many people you and all the others with your like mindset will infect. As a christain I figured you would understand "for the betterment of the community". Isnt that Christianity 101? Would Jesus vaccinate or choose to infect? Dont you pattern your life after Jesus? Or is your brand of Christianity different? The Church of Me First?
Jesus would not get involved. You place is in the afterlife. Your human existence is only a blip in the scheme of forever. He is more concerned for your soul.

As far as vaccinate or infect, the CDC says you are wrong. You both have viral load, thus you are both infectious if you believe the reason for new mask mandates. So either they are correct that you are infectious or they are making it political to get the small minded to be up in arms. Your choice. Either you are a liar or small minded?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-11-2021, 12:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Jesus would not get involved. You place is in the afterlife. Your human existence is only a blip in the scheme of forever. He is more concerned for your soul.

As far as vaccinate or infect, the CDC says you are wrong. You both have viral load, thus you are both infectious if you believe the reason for new mask mandates. So either they are correct that you are infectious or they are making it political to get the small minded to be up in arms. Your choice. Either you are a liar or small minded?
You forget, im vaxed and masking up. Mark is another anti vaxxer and anti masker with a family of 7 already infected. Glad jesus doesnt care what you do on earth. Your heaven is going to look like Portland on steroids full of addicts and killers. Enjoy.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2021, 12:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Believe me, im not worried about you dying. Im hopeful, lol. The issue is how many people you and all the others with your like mindset will infect. As a christain I figured you would understand "for the betterment of the community". Isnt that Christianity 101? Would Jesus vaccinate or choose to infect? Dont you pattern your life after Jesus? Or is your brand of Christianity different? The Church of Me First?
You can carry it and pass it on too. Otherwise, why wear a mask?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2021, 12:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Jesus would not get involved. You place is in the afterlife. Your human existence is only a blip in the scheme of forever. He is more concerned for your soul.

As far as vaccinate or infect, the CDC says you are wrong. You both have viral load, thus you are both infectious if you believe the reason for new mask mandates. So either they are correct that you are infectious or they are making it political to get the small minded to be up in arms. Your choice. Either you are a liar or small minded?
Heís both. I donít think anyone here would argue that point.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2021, 12:18 PM Reply   
Dang, they told me 15 mins and it’s been 40. Must be a lot of antibodies to count. Lol
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-11-2021, 12:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
You can carry it and pass it on too. Otherwise, why wear a mask?
and ive been masking for 17 months plus vaxed. you on the other hand...
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-11-2021, 12:22 PM Reply   
If only God would send a sign. Anything...
https://www.news-journalonline.com/s...19/5538844001/
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2021, 12:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
The anti bodies testing is suspect. I had the same thing maybe 2 or 3 months after having what we believed was COVID early prior to the lock downs. Son in Law went from being health to one day from being sepsis within 5 days and he does not drink or smoke and was in the middle of the police academy. Then shortly after the rest of us were extremely sick. Gurgling and crackling lungs and ears. down for about 2 weeks. I got an antibody test and it was negative. T

They did the end nose swab and those are listed at the time as 70% accurate. There is a much deeper and expensive test that is high 90% accurate.

As far as being protected with antibodies, the antibodies from one most likely will not protect you from the morphed version. I see it as like the flu where each year the different strand makes it's way around and the shot for one does not help with the shot from the other.

The COVID vaccine which is not a COVID vaccine is a spike protein vaccine. Now the question is how broad band is it with spike proteins? Is there such a thing as spike protein variations. I believe the answer is yes, however the vaccine seems to have success vs the slight variations. All the vaccine is doing having your body already have antibodies on board for fighting the spike protein. The way the vaccine works is it injects a mRNA variant into your arm muscle where it stays nominally isolated in the muscle tissue. That mRNA causes your own body to produce said spike protein. Your body then builds up the antibodies to go fight the spike proteins.

The good news is mRNA technology has been around for a while. There are literally hundreds of millions of people with this vaccine and really less people get sick from this than the flu vaccine if I saw the numbers correctly. To be honest, this may be an overall miracle break through for technology. The issue may be with people who have autoimmune issues. Anytime you introduce something like this with someone with autoimmune issues, you could be kicking them into a autoimmune response for no reason. That means their body is attacking itself on various levels. The question for them has to be weighed with the evidence like that here as presented, of what are the odds of getting covid or taking a vaccine that they know will trigger a response. Their bodies are great at fighting diseases. Just too good at it.
Got it. Noted. Iím wondering if I did have it and beat the OG version and the variant is less deadly, I should be good without the mark. Just floating that out there. Not claiming that as gospel.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2021, 12:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
and ive been masking for 17 months plus vaxed. you on the other hand...
Yes. We have all witnessed your virtue signaling first hand. You get a gold star for being the best Brown Shirt ever.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-11-2021, 12:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
So it sounds like you have concluded that solar is completely bunk because your company has a big array, but not big enough to actually run off the grid on. Thus solar is a failed technology. Is that about right? Was the array even designed to allow the facility to run off-grid, or does it just push power back to the grid?

Is that very much different from saying that current electrical delivery systems are failed because they can't operate under all conditions and have to shut down / go to rolling blackouts (whether because of peak demand or fire concerns)?

Or to say it more simply it'd be like saying an electrical power plant is bunk as soon as demand exceeds the plant's output.

If your company's array and/or on-site battery storage were sufficient to run off grid, you'd be a believer?
Power plants are bunk if they run out of supply. That is the whole point. If you don't have enough supply, you bring on other plants to keep up and that is what they nominally do. They have contracts with dozens of small gas turbine plants that can sit back and be started in very short notice to keep up with demand. We are not a third world country where you expect lights and other things to go off line all the time.

I am saying that solar can not hold up the grid on its own and you need standard bulk technologies to be the back bone. You can increase solar until it is the main contributor in some places ( the sun intensity is more at the equator than it is in northern America for instance) or even if you could in all places, however there is only a small fraction of the day that they can do that. So what do you do?

You can possibly keep adding panels until you get most of the day covered. Right now the US is using 668,000,000 kilowatt hours of power as I type this according to this website:

https://www.eia.gov/electricity/grid...view/US48/US48

That is not even with electric cars. One website things power usage will go up 25% with electric cars instead of fuel oils. That is around 835,000,000 kwhr with cars. Area is roughly 66 square feet for 10kwhr system. We need an area of 55,110,000,000 square feet of panels to meet that demand.

There are 43560 square feet to 1 acre. That means 1,265,152 acres of land to replace that generation. That is just under the state of Deleware in land size for that kind of generation as we currently stand. 3 times the size of your Stewart Island

I don't think batteries are going to do it. You already are at a US state in land mass to replace the energy. How much land mass for batteries?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-11-2021, 12:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
You forget, im vaxed and masking up. Mark is another anti vaxxer and anti masker with a family of 7 already infected. Glad jesus doesnt care what you do on earth. Your heaven is going to look like Portland on steroids full of addicts and killers. Enjoy.
Jesus used to specifically go and talk to the bad of society first. Not too worried about heaven looking like portland. Democrats don't believe in Jesus. That is their choice. that is also why you democrats are running around trying to grasp at any straw and willing to give up all your rights for any promise of extending your life. That is why you are so dangerous. You will do and say anything to extend it and your leaders know that if they say these things to you, you will vote for them. You are a danger to our freedoms and society all together.

My family has most likely been infected twice. One kid has autoimmune issues and the others aren't worried. I have the vaccine but suspect I had it before and once after. Everyone is fine thankfully. I don't or have ever worn a mask outside and only if enforced inside. Central Valley has had much less restrictive mask requirements.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-11-2021, 12:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Thats not the problem. The problem is all the guns used not defending from enemies. As in all the mass shootings in the USA. The shootings in every big or small city. Pretty sure the USA has more guns than people. Not a good ratio.
We have millions of guns vs people. Guns are not the problem. We have less than 4% of the people that murder over 50% of the people. There are hundreds of millions of guns in the hands of those who are not committing murder or crimes in general with those millions of guns. What we have is a 4% problem. You care to guess who, where they live and who they vote for?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-11-2021, 12:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Got it. Noted. I’m wondering if I did have it and beat the OG version and the variant is less deadly, I should be good without the mark. Just floating that out there. Not claiming that as gospel.
Good question. The lamda variant is starting to show up and they say it is the worst one yet so who knows.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2021, 1:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Good question. The lamda variant is starting to show up and they say it is the worst one yet so who knows.
Still open and listening. Still havenít received the results.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-11-2021, 1:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Good question. The lamda variant is starting to show up and they say it is the worst one yet so who knows.
Just wait for the Omega Moo variant. That one will make you want to die.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-11-2021, 1:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
What about the 99.99% of people with no comorbidities who sweat it out, get through it and now have the antibodies? I might be one of them. Goin to get tested for antibodies today.
Get them to check brain function while they are at it
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-11-2021, 1:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Just wait for the Omega Moo variant. That one will make you want to die.
deep cut Revenge of the Nerds reference right here folks!
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-11-2021, 1:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Jesus would not get involved. You place is in the afterlife. Your human existence is only a blip in the scheme of forever. He is more concerned for your soul.

As far as vaccinate or infect, the CDC says you are wrong. You both have viral load, thus you are both infectious if you believe the reason for new mask mandates. So either they are correct that you are infectious or they are making it political to get the small minded to be up in arms. Your choice. Either you are a liar or small minded?

You mention both have viral load. That's only if they're actually infected, though. There are a lot more unvaccinated people getting the virus than vaccinated, obviously. I don't know if if you get that fact. That's the main reason for the push to vaccinate - so there are less people out there that are more likely to get the virus and spread it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2021, 4:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettw View Post
You mention both have viral load. That's only if they're actually infected, though. There are a lot more unvaccinated people getting the virus than vaccinated, obviously. I don't know if if you get that fact. That's the main reason for the push to vaccinate - so there are less people out there that are more likely to get the virus and spread it.
What??? You don't know that. This is where I call bull95sn. If the vaccines make you asymptomatic, how would you know if you were infected or not? How could you unless you got tested every day? Where's the science showing any of what you're saying? I understand most kung flu hospital patients are unvaccinated, but that doesn't mean the vaccinated aren't super spreaders too.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2021, 4:18 PM Reply   
BTW, I tested negative for antibodies. Guess we should have gone to our nephew's wedding instead of quarantining after all. Whoops. We sent the newlyweds a fat check anyway. Not sure
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-11-2021, 4:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettw View Post
You mention both have viral load. That's only if they're actually infected, though. There are a lot more unvaccinated people getting the virus than vaccinated, obviously. I don't know if if you get that fact. That's the main reason for the push to vaccinate - so there are less people out there that are more likely to get the virus and spread it.
And how do you measure that? The CDC clearly has stated the vaccinated has just as much viral load as the unvaccinated. It is not if they are infected. They are saying if even the asymptomatic have the same viral load. That is why they are mandating masks and distancing in the bay area where the vaccination rate is pretty darn high (I guess rich people believe they have a lot to live for). We also know that the vaccinated have been told they don't have to report that they have been exposed like they used to for most situations. You don't know the numbers that are carriers and that is the point and that is the CDC's point with making vaccinated wear masks. With that, does it matter if people don't know and how long are you willing to do it?

I know you democrats are big proponents of having boogeymen to blame things on, but sometimes crap is just crap. Seems to me that you and a few other democrats have this authoritarian complex that if you just whip those unvaccinated Republicans into submission, you problems will end. They are not ending and it is not just Republicans who are not getting vaccinated. There is going to be a point where you have to deal with the statistics of life with the chinese unleashing a bio weapon on the world.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-11-2021, 4:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
BTW, I tested negative for antibodies. Guess we should have gone to our nephew's wedding instead of quarantining after all. Whoops. We sent the newlyweds a fat check anyway. Not sure
well played. errrr..... covid, sorry can't show up to the wedding. Here is a check and I will buy myself a nice bottle of wine to celebrate you wedding at home. Cheers......
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-11-2021, 8:03 PM Reply   
For those of you that am have pmíd me thanks , and here you go. Pretty full synopsis of whatís transpiring here in the nations second largest department.


https://www.chicagocontrarian.com/bl...-there-it-goes
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-11-2021, 8:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettw View Post
You mention both have viral load. That's only if they're actually infected, though. There are a lot more unvaccinated people getting the virus than vaccinated, obviously. I don't know if if you get that fact. That's the main reason for the push to vaccinate - so there are less people out there that are more likely to get the virus and spread it.
Once again I post the CDC statistics and not a single person has a rebuttal with any factual data . Itís all conjecture based on feelings and recommendations with no science.

Here is some more science over 85% of the deaths that have occurred to the non vaccinated under the variant are to people over the age of 80. So letís see if someone is 80yrs old. Do you think theyíre taking the vaccine ? More bull**** scare tactics . This is why they wonít bet into the numbers and actually spell it out for anyone .

Also as pointed out. Then vnaccinatedn arenít going to get tested. On an regular basis, thatís was the precise reason to get them vaccine. More and more everyday , straight from the source your chest thumping about says vaccinated people are testing positive. Itís simple common sense. Unvaccinated people will go get tested to see if they have it. Vaccinated people will not do that.


The Undercover teams that worked lalapalooza have started to show signs of positivity. Over 70 percent of the UC guys were vaccinated. They wore masks inside lalapoolaza their entire shifts. Right now 12 of the 46 UC guys I know have tested positive. 8 vaccinated 4 unvaccinated. Of the 34 left 23 are vaccinated and 11 are not. Real world numbers from a super spreader the unvaccinated guys have no more serious symptoms than the rest. All of them basically feel like they have allergies on steroids with body aches. 2 vaccinated guys have fevers.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2021, 8:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
well played. errrr..... covid, sorry can't show up to the wedding. Here is a check and I will buy myself a nice bottle of wine to celebrate you wedding at home. Cheers......
Ha! We actually missed out despite the fact that it was a dry wedding. The wedding was in SoCal and her dad works for Disney so it was spectacular like you would imagine.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2021, 9:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
For those of you that am have pmíd me thanks , and here you go. Pretty full synopsis of whatís transpiring here in the nations second largest department.


https://www.chicagocontrarian.com/bl...-there-it-goes
I honestly donít know how you guys stay there. No one would blame you for leaving en mass. These types of problems with democrats arenít some new thing. Theyíve been happening for a generation+. Iím not sure how big the department is, but I would support a blue flu to teach these fools how it is. The continued arrogance of democrats like Beetlejuice is beyond offensive to read about. Thanks for your service.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-11-2021, 9:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Once again I post the CDC statistics and not a single person has a rebuttal with any factual data . Itís all conjecture based on feelings and recommendations with no science.

Here is some more science over 85% of the deaths that have occurred to the non vaccinated under the variant are to people over the age of 80. So letís see if someone is 80yrs old. Do you think theyíre taking the vaccine ? More bull**** scare tactics . This is why they wonít bet into the numbers and actually spell it out for anyone .

Also as pointed out. Then vnaccinatedn arenít going to get tested. On an regular basis, thatís was the precise reason to get them vaccine. More and more everyday , straight from the source your chest thumping about says vaccinated people are testing positive. Itís simple common sense. Unvaccinated people will go get tested to see if they have it. Vaccinated people will not do that.


The Undercover teams that worked lalapalooza have started to show signs of positivity. Over 70 percent of the UC guys were vaccinated. They wore masks inside lalapoolaza their entire shifts. Right now 12 of the 46 UC guys I know have tested positive. 8 vaccinated 4 unvaccinated. Of the 34 left 23 are vaccinated and 11 are not. Real world numbers from a super spreader the unvaccinated guys have no more serious symptoms than the rest. All of them basically feel like they have allergies on steroids with body aches. 2 vaccinated guys have fevers.
Thanks for that valuable info. Youíre on a roll.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-11-2021, 10:55 PM Reply   
Let’s keep rolling with more valuable information. YET AGAIN STRAIGHT FROM THE CDC RESEARCHERS . Explanations of why the stats could be so skewed . One again showing the CDC’s mouthpieces hiding logical explanations to their mass hysteria agenda .

People need to wake the F up and actually look at the data themselves instead of regurgitating a force fed narrative. Because once again the number don’t jive with the bull****
Straight from the CDC’s mouth. They are not even focusing their data based on what’s going on with the vaccinated , they only care about the people in the hospital for the deaths. Geeee. That won’t skew anything at all


Name:  5A845645-675C-4B16-A456-25B538646F46.jpg
Views: 966
Size:  174.6 KB

Last edited by xstarrider; 08-11-2021 at 11:01 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-11-2021, 11:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
BTW, I tested negative for antibodies.
You sure that wasn't the cognitive test results?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-12-2021, 3:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Letís keep rolling with more valuable information. YET AGAIN STRAIGHT FROM THE CDC RESEARCHERS . Explanations of why the stats could be so skewed . One again showing the CDCís mouthpieces hiding logical explanations to their mass hysteria agenda .

People need to wake the F up and actually look at the data themselves instead of regurgitating a force fed narrative. Because once again the number donít jive with the bull****
Straight from the CDCís mouth. They are not even focusing their data based on whatís going on with the vaccinated , they only care about the people in the hospital for the deaths. Geeee. That wonít skew anything at all


Attachment 46434
But but but, you just destroyed 95ís whole CNN narrative! The horror! This is exactly what I keep talking about. Glad you found that.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-12-2021, 5:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Believe me, im not worried about you dying. Im hopeful, lol. The issue is how many people you and all the others with your like mindset will infect. As a christain I figured you would understand "for the betterment of the community". Isnt that Christianity 101? Would Jesus vaccinate or choose to infect? Dont you pattern your life after Jesus? Or is your brand of Christianity different? The Church of Me First?
like minded, you realize there are more lefties not getting the vaccine than righties? You realize a huge percentage of minorities are not getting the vaccine, so many in NY that they are screaming racism. Making vaccine cards to get into stores etc, Look at the numbers, 50% of the pop is not vaccinated, its in blue states and red state, but the skew is minority leaning. So the estimates % of minority population is aprox 50% or close to it (depending on what you consider "color") And if they are generally left leaning, vote democrat about 80%. Its the left/minority pop that is most hesitant. Why is the fake news not taking about it? Because they cant!

Last edited by dougr; 08-12-2021 at 5:52 AM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-12-2021, 6:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
like minded, you realize there are more lefties not getting the vaccine than righties? You realize a huge percentage of minorities are not getting the vaccine, so many in NY that they are screaming racism. Making vaccine cards to get into stores etc, Look at the numbers, 50% of the pop is not vaccinated, its in blue states and red state, but the skew is minority leaning. So the estimates % of minority population is aprox 50% or close to it (depending on what you consider "color") And if they are generally left leaning, vote democrat about 80%. Its the left/minority pop that is most hesitant. Why is the fake news not taking about it? Because they cant!
You keep saying this. Please share your source.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-12-2021, 6:28 AM Reply   
Love to hear all the wometards explain how eliminating the math and reading requirements for HS graduation like the Oregon Governor is doing presents the most advantageous scenario for student success .
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-12-2021, 7:38 AM Reply   
...and now Xiden is crying to OPEC and begging them to produce more oil after he killed his own source. What a joke of a POTUS we have now.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-12-2021, 8:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
You keep saying this. Please share your source.
Do you really want to see a picture of his ass, that is the source of this information.

Nonsense like this sounds plausible because the assumption is majority of minorities = democrat but the truth is majority of minorities = don't vote.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-12-2021, 8:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Do you really want to see a picture of his ass, that is the source of this information.

Nonsense like this sounds plausible because the assumption is majority of minorities = democrat but the truth is majority of minorities = don't vote.
Yes and you should know because youíre right around the corner at only 8,000 miles away.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-12-2021, 8:19 AM Reply   
Unbelievable the federal judge let the straw buyer of the gun that killed the CPD officer walk free on a measly, unsecured $4,500 bail. This is Xiden’s world.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-12-2021, 8:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Yes and you should know because youíre right around the corner at only 8,000 miles away.
There is this magical thing called the Internet which allows you to look up information regardless of your location, you should try it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-12-2021, 8:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
There is this magical thing called the Internet which allows you to look up information regardless of your location, you should try it.
Indeed. Thatís where all truth comes from right? Please share your source that shows the opposite of what Xstar said.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-12-2021, 8:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
You keep saying this. Please share your source.
ITs everywhere, local new, Kaiser, etc. I am not saying they should, but there is an argument that conservatives are not getting the shot, and that is not true. also white males are not and that is so far from the truth. So take the politics out of it.

The left leaning, granola, non vaccine population is heavily weighted to the left, women have been slower to conform than men also. So its not a political argument. Its a fear, trust or holistic argument for most that have not gotten it.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-12-2021, 9:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
ITs everywhere, local new, Kaiser, etc. I am not saying they should, but there is an argument that conservatives are not getting the shot, and that is not true. also white males are not and that is so far from the truth. So take the politics out of it.

The left leaning, granola, non vaccine population is heavily weighted to the left, women have been slower to conform than men also. So its not a political argument. Its a fear, trust or holistic argument for most that have not gotten it.
I guess that explains why the 10 worst states in the country are the least vaccinated and all red states. Florida, Texas, and the entire south. Its not a political argument, its just that they are least vaccinated and have the most hospitalizations.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-12-2021, 9:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Unbelievable the federal judge let the straw buyer of the gun that killed the CPD officer walk free on a measly, unsecured $4,500 bail. This is Xidenís world.
Maybe stop allowing straw buyers, NRA says NO, that would be infringing on their rights. We just need more good straw buyers with a gun to stop the straw buyers with guns.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-12-2021, 9:18 AM Reply   
I don't think politics has much to do with people's choices on whether or not to get vaccinated. I think that's just another narrative dims use to wield power and influence. It's also idiotic that they can only see people in monolithic groups. No one is an individual. We're all cattle to them.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-12-2021, 9:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Indeed. Thatís where all truth comes from right? Please share your source that shows the opposite of what Xstar said.
CDC says they are not monitoring the vaccinated for break thru cases because they experience less sickness. Crazy right. But they are monitoring those in hospitals and dying, Atrocious.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-12-2021, 9:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Maybe stop allowing straw buyers, NRA says NO, that would be infringing on their rights. We just need more good straw buyers with a gun to stop the straw buyers with guns.
By "allowing" you mean letting them go after capturing them right? That's the problem, fool. The cops enforced the law, took the criminal off the street and the F'ing judge released him to commit more crime!!!!! You dims keep letting all the work the cops do go to waste by releasing criminals. I just wonder if camel toe paid his bail. This revolving door for criminals is gonna cost dims BIG TIME in the next couple election cycles. You people have totally screwed this country up by constantly promoting criminal behavior.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-12-2021, 9:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
CDC says they are not monitoring the vaccinated for break thru cases because they experience less sickness. Crazy right. But they are monitoring those in hospitals and dying, Atrocious.
.....which means the truth about vaccinated people being super spreaders is hidden. I read you.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-12-2021, 9:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
I don't think politics has much to do with people's choices on whether or not to get vaccinated. I think that's just another narrative dims use to wield power and influence. It's also idiotic that they can only see people in monolithic groups. No one is an individual. We're all cattle to them.
Idiot.
" I dont think politics has much to do with it." and "Its the Dem Narrative".
Biden and the democrats are not shy in pushing vaccinations. It was the #1 thing he ran on and has followed thru non-stop. How does the right wing media, the religious right and republican Govs think they will fair once the death count is complete? All 10 states lacking vaccines are leading the hospital surge and all republican led. The children's hospitals in Missouri have no ICU beds available. More kids getting it than ever before (we warned about variants) and they dying. Cant wait to see the victory lap Republicans will take after making the kids and the public sick, hospitalized and dead.
https://people.com/health/kids-sick-...nt-is-spiking/
It would be much simpler if we were all cattle, cattle dont fight vaccinations that save the herd.

Ive been vaccinated for Polio, Mumps, Covid, Whooping Cough, Tetanus, and several other things i dont even remember. Never once did I feel like i was giving up any freedom or pushing a narrative, i was gaining freedom. Covid is a public health emergency, not a political talking point. Not sure how or why one would try to change facts.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-12-2021, 9:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
.....which means the truth about vaccinated people being super spreaders is hidden. I read you.
Thats because you are brainwashed and cant think logically/rationally anymore. I can only speak for myself, vaccinated and masked. Assuming the majority of vaxxed, also mask up. See doing the right thing works and does not become a super spreader. You on the other hand are a perfect candidate. You refuse to get vaccinated and refuse masks. You believe the facebook memes swatnut keeps posting. You are the problem. Thinking everyone is out to get you, to control you, to use you is conspiracy theory the uneducated lean on heavy.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       08-12-2021, 9:50 AM Reply   
Wow.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-writing.html
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-12-2021, 10:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
You sure that wasn't the cognitive test results?
He did not say they tested Biden
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-12-2021, 10:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Do you really want to see a picture of his ass, that is the source of this information.

Nonsense like this sounds plausible because the assumption is majority of minorities = democrat but the truth is majority of minorities = don't vote.
sn95 does not vote yet we all know who he rolls with.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-12-2021, 10:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
I guess that explains why the 10 worst states in the country are the least vaccinated and all red states. Florida, Texas, and the entire south. Its not a political argument, its just that they are least vaccinated and have the most hospitalizations.
Ok. They are the hospital. Now what? Most will get better then what?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-12-2021, 10:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Maybe stop allowing straw buyers, NRA says NO, that would be infringing on their rights. We just need more good straw buyers with a gun to stop the straw buyers with guns.
Can you show me where the NRA has said no to punishing straw buyers?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-12-2021, 10:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Idiot.
" I dont think politics has much to do with it." and "Its the Dem Narrative".
Biden and the democrats are not shy in pushing vaccinations. It was the #1 thing he ran on and has followed thru non-stop. How does the right wing media, the religious right and republican Govs think they will fair once the death count is complete? All 10 states lacking vaccines are leading the hospital surge and all republican led. The children's hospitals in Missouri have no ICU beds available. More kids getting it than ever before (we warned about variants) and they dying. Cant wait to see the victory lap Republicans will take after making the kids and the public sick, hospitalized and dead.
https://people.com/health/kids-sick-...nt-is-spiking/
It would be much simpler if we were all cattle, cattle dont fight vaccinations that save the herd.

Ive been vaccinated for Polio, Mumps, Covid, Whooping Cough, Tetanus, and several other things i dont even remember. Never once did I feel like i was giving up any freedom or pushing a narrative, i was gaining freedom. Covid is a public health emergency, not a political talking point. Not sure how or why one would try to change facts.
are those FDA approved?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-12-2021, 10:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Don't forget the headline so people do not gloss over it.

Oregon Gov Kate Brown scraps need for high school students to prove proficiency in math, reading and writing to get diploma in bid to bolster minority students who 'don't test well'
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-12-2021, 10:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
.....which means the truth about vaccinated people being super spreaders is hidden. I read you.
yep
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-12-2021, 10:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
sn95 does not vote yet we all know who he rolls with.
Im gonna have to call you out, its the 4th,5th time you lied about this. When did I not vote? How do you know this as fact? You sir are lying, again.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-12-2021, 10:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Im gonna have to call you out, its the 4th,5th time you lied about this. When did I not vote? How do you know this as fact? You sir are lying, again.
Uh.... YOU said those very words in the Trump thread.
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 3:57 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us